e6.cfg v2.0 - a change for the excessive side?

119 replies [Last post]
^freak.bnt!
MaYdaY's picture

I'm very positive suprised by this cfg! Happy
I wasn't a big fan of e6 in past but this version is much more interesting.
I am sure it will more popular than primary editon and personally i will be enojy this cfg Happy
Maybe think about TAG server Thinking: It can be really big fun!

SNEAKY!BAEL
Shrinkd's picture
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:
lets face it, rail will either be e5r style (one of main weapons) or noone will use it (e6 v1.Innocent.

actually I hoped to get it like in e5 some kind of "fun weapon".
slightly increased ammo and damage to make it more useful along with a lower cycle to be less like mg. so on large distance rail can be better than mg. like on ctf4 for instance.
On actual e6b settings rail is 30% slower with 50% more damage compared to e5. I hope that way the rail becomes a bit more useful. In e5 it already is used as fun weapon... if it is in e6 simply a bit more advanced fun weapon that is satisfying to me at least^^

already thought about re-adding rockets and plasma. but rockets yet always were just obvious spam in excessive cfgs. plasma could be added as fun weapon tho. we should stay with the actual main weapons imo Happy

RONiN wrote:
it takes a lot longer to frag in this config. it will be capture heaven for attackers in ctf.

Hopefully not Happy We will need some bigger CTF test to find out...
But main weapons (mg, sg, lg, bfg) have slightly increased damage to remove the time of killing the armor. So armor especially helps against splash damage.
But since especially offenders are collecting armors I removed yellow and red armor from ctf for now. Also the health hard limit for ctf went down to 330.

RONiN wrote:

another minor suggestion: lower the cycle of the gauntlet and make the knockback of suicide to 0

tested it? e6 1.0 already had 0 suicide damage and now also radius is 0. That way a dying enemy should not effect you at all.
But halved the cycle now Winking

But as it looks like ppl feel good with the Anticamp, SG, Nades, BFG and health/armor settings so far. (BFG gurus should be happy about bfg killing better on direct hit :!Happy
What about this new lg? thought there would be more comments about it^^ It is a big change to one of the main weapons tho.

First post is updated with the newest beta. Servers will be updated soon.
- decreased some ammo, but increased regen
- added plasma for testing
- removed main armor items and extra health from ctf

thx for the tests/comments so far! keep it going Big grin

Eh... wow. Really nice idea.

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture

so e6b is a small hit so far huh Cool good, i hope there will come some events for this new improved e6 Cool

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture

Yea once its finished we will prolly make an event on it (bananas 2?) and play some ranking wars..till then we should test the beta in some fws..im allready setting one with X...maybe other clans (ED?KTR?WGVD?) should set some betatest fws and submit your final suggestions. The earlier cfg got finished the better for us Winking

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
_|DS*Achm3D* wrote:

Yea once its finished we will prolly make an event on it (bananas 2?) and play some ranking wars..till then we should test the beta in some fws..im allready setting one with X...maybe other clans (ED?KTR?WGVD?) should set some betatest fws and submit your final suggestions. The earlier cfg got finished the better for us Winking

couldnt have said it better. apart from first sentence^^

=ANU815=
outeris's picture
'ASH wrote:

The cfg makes u think about the weapon you are using instead of shooting with the first weap u hold when u see an enemy.

|pGv|AbarTh wrote:

Ehhh, cfg better than e6. And I liked e6 so I like e6b more Tongue. Great job secret, I'm looking forward to see e6b ctf cup.

F1 totally.

UnknownUser807 wrote:
Still, get rid of rail once and for all Winking or make it half useful. 1 or 2 instant kills per death. Big grin

|pGv|AbarTh wrote:

One change I would make: rail like in e6. (Two shots to kill the enemy).

Maybe maybe test it 2/3 shots without armor, +armor & u need another shot/s, that's my opinion. ! Hmn something closer to cpma's maybe like hmn, but weaker. But if leave it as is then i need more useful plasma, if not. then more uefull rail.

_|DS*Achm3D* wrote:

Plasma is just annoying..imo totally bad idea :roll:
And about lg...i see huuuuge difference between e5/6 and e6b...on previous cfgs it was my favourite weapon and now its kinda...odd lol...I agree with Yas about smoke...in beginning i even liked it but after longer testing i would prefer to have the damn smoke back Tongue Its useful in lg slides..easpecially on space maps when you slide on "invisible walls"...and also you can see if it reach target far away from you...i know you can hear it but i play pretty often w/o sound...
As for BFG...its a bit too strong but i can live with that.

Discharge - plasma very interesting weap, leave it here ok, don't touch it.
LG yeas bring back explosions/smoke whatever. Em is it lg have weaker push ? It looks to weak...

About plasma, i see it as here someone says funny weap, hmn i don't need w.funny.wps., i need useful. Hmn, do no for now is neutral thing to me, need more testing do no hmn. But hmn i think-ed why not something powerful but more harder to control, hmn like rockets concept..

Did i missed somewhere server ? Which servers have e6b, name it/ips plz !?

Thank You. After all i like it. Armors ! Yes. I'm looking forward, need more opinions/test to hear/make.

The majority of people think they think, when really they just change their prejudices. Understanding is a matter of will in most cases.

Lietuvių excessiveplus draugija - Lithuanians National Team
Linux (1st E17+Compiz powered ! Built on Debian GNU/Linux.)

MODDB.com all cool things for Quake III Arena @ one place from E+

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
=ANU815= wrote:

Did i missed somewhere server ? Which servers have e6b, name it/ips plz !?

looks like you missed it on topic starter Winking

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:
The new e6beta is here! You can actually test it here:
FFA
CTF
vote what you want^^

alast0r
execrable's picture

What about turning off damage on GL. It's just for spam anyway and it's so annoying... Okay you can do nice airshots with it but in e+ everyone fucks on this.

><*PARANOiD.DA
Paranoid's picture

i like the cfg like it is now, i really like your idea of community participation and i apreciate let all of us try to improve it.

Im sure that in the little test war XvsJDS we will take good conclusion and we will come here to coment them.

pd, for the moment i want say that since i tested a lot retro servers cfg (dev.cfg) i think it work good and maybe can be a way to follow

Mystery of X Website with Mystery of X server browser An advanced server browser that includes live! update and fav servers

>>>>Help me out with e+ rank project<<<<

outofhere!
hook's picture

no comment to e6.cfg......blergh...

make all a new cfg ...e6r :roll: Big grin

Fragmovies and more Arrow Click ME!

AsphyxEvents Website Arrow Click ME!