e6.cfg v2.0 - a change for the excessive side?

119 replies [Last post]
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

another suggestion, remove invisibility, at least in ctf. make it replace to haste in ctf, or something. it is somewhat counterproductive imo.

actually invisibility can be fun even with xp_drawnames...
and who knows maybe the time will come when e+ community grows up and abandons stuff like xp_drawnames 1 and r_picmip > 3 Big grin
should be the task for a new common pb.cfg^^

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

and who knows maybe the time will come when e+ community grows up and abandons stuff like xp_drawnames 1 and r_picmip > 3 Big grin

agree to drawnames, disagree to picmip, picmip doesnt give u an advantage at all out of my perspective, except, crappy graphic and stable fps.
and drawnames is more then just lame vs people using invisibility :f

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

*BNT* TYP!
Astro BoY wrote:

typ! wrote:

im out! :!:

Thx GOD! Praying

wanker, im still in Happy

pure e5r whore

Astro BoY
Explosive's picture

I dont think thats funny, to call someone wanker who u dont know at all..so pls behave next time and choose ur words. Im not ur friend, and im not who came to this topic and started to disagree on everything and argue over everything, u dont add anything to this discussion..so why are u here? Are u enjoying urself? Then whos the wanker Happy

^o^

*BNT* TYP!
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:
another suggestion, remove invisibility, at least in ctf. make it replace to haste in ctf, or something. it is somewhat counterproductive imo.

actually invisibility can be fun even with xp_drawnames...

whats the advantage of a picmip above 3 ?

pure e5r whore

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture
typ! wrote:

(example: suddenly bnt vs jds is impossible, bnt vs en was impossible, bnt vs fuc was impossible etc.. etc..).

Well...actually you played vs FuC (in e5r)..and after that it was not cfg issue that didnt let you play revenge (it was more about shittalks on previous game).
And why do you say JDS vs BNT is impossible to play? Did you offer a match to us? :roll: We did not play only e6 wars...we have found a compromise with few other clans like ED or X (2 maps e5, 1 map e6). The only e5r clan who was up to compromise was KTR so since we were e6 clan and they were e5r one back then - they agreed to play all maps in e5. Meantime i asked other of e5r clans like rkt,wgvd,ratw for a game but their statement was e5r or nothing Sad Thats why in my eyes its not e6 who are causing problems with arranging CWs Winking
So Typ m8.. if you guys are willing to play us feel free to speak to me via msn (take contact from Asphyx) just remember...compromise is a keyword Happy

Back to topic..i actually do like Foksies suggestion about invisibility...it really annoys me on mkbase lol

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
typ! wrote:

whats the advantage of a picmip above 3 ?

Users of it claim to see the enemies better. (more than half of plus side uses picmip >8, nearly half of excessive side does so too)
Huge disadvantage is the crappy look effecting everyone due to the screenshots. Also sometimes especially those ppl claim Q3 to have bad graphics and give that as a reason to quit playing it Happy

let's get back to the awesome new e6.cfg, thx Laughing

_|DS*Achm3D* wrote:

Back to topic..i actually do like Foksies suggestion about invisibility...it really annoys me on mkbase lol

that proves that invi is useful actually Tongue

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture

I didnt say its not usefull..its just annoying Laughing

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

perhaps remove it in wars and keep it in public games?

you can use xp_matchmode as a test if its a clan war, since xp_matchmode is off on public servers.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

i havent tried it with the new g_speed... but i can imagine a few people having a problem with it, and I am really cautious on how it would effect my game playing...

as for invis... drawnames is going to be changed (or so we heard) for the next theoretical installment of e+ so maybe the team might take out invis anyway (since it would become a super advantageous powerup)
drawnames is essential for looking for players under the fog in dm12 and ctf3 tho Tongue

i do feel sorry for the e5r players a bit cos they think they can't live without rail... but i think they should at least try the config cause i know they do have skills... look at ktr, they started as a rail whores, but they tried it and trained, and have become just as good, if not better, at e6 than some e6 clans.