e6.cfg v2.0 - a change for the excessive side?

119 replies [Last post]
mow Q [EN]

well mad, thats a matter of sight. depends if if it was intention of mr. pants to do this weapon like that Happy

it is also redicolous to wear jeans with holes in it. punks are also redicolous... etc bla bla. thats truly my oppinion, and i can cause it, but thats oftopic.

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

I doubt it. I think the intention was to create a weapon that 'OMG SHOOTS GRENADES WHEN IT HITS AND THERE ARE A LOT OF EXPLOSIONS WEE AWESOME'. Tongue I mean, we'd have to ask the actual creator, but seeing how Excessive was made as a half-serious mod, i would say that's how it went down.

I can only speak for myself, but the sheer randomness factor in this weapon detracts from my experience unlike any other single E+ element. I'd seriously rather die from a nice mid-air BFG hit than from grenade splash which was nowhere near me.

mow Q [EN]

Well mad, i believe not completly, since it was a long time between Mr. Pants' Excessive Overkill 1-4

You can also discuss about, "what is better, coke or pepsi" (insider)

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture
madbringer wrote:

I doubt it. I think the intention was to create a weapon that 'OMG SHOOTS GRENADES WHEN IT HITS AND THERE ARE A LOT OF EXPLOSIONS WEE AWESOME'. Tongue I mean, we'd have to ask the actual creator, but seeing how Excessive was made as a half-serious mod, i would say that's how it went down.

I can only speak for myself, but the sheer randomness factor in this weapon detracts from my experience unlike any other single E+ element. I'd seriously rather die from a nice mid-air BFG hit than from grenade splash which was nowhere near me.

true shizzle man.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture

Anyway after JDS vs X fw for me there are 3 things that should be changed:
- first the BFG...why simply not leaving it like it was on e6 (im talking about damage not ammo)...people were not complaining about it in previopus cfg.
- second one Anticamp. Imo it didnt passed the exam:P On campy map (dm7) it didnt stoped us to camp as long as we wished to Tongue Most "campmaps" have usually 2 or 3 main rooms which are big enough to let camp comfortable even with strong anticamp...during 15 minutes it hardly killed anyone and trust me there was lot of camping Laughing
In other hand strong anticamp was disturbing while playing in small map (dm5) even if we were not camping...So i think it should be reduced...just make anticamp weak so it wont disturb on small maps but will stop us from actions like the famous camping in quad room on dm11 Laughing
- last thing is battlesuit...its way to strong...youre almost untouchable when you wear it...i was able to walk in room with 3 opponets with '"rambo style" and mg them all...annoying...and it also might be the reason to camp in room with it.

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture

first of all I have to agree with magik that BFG is stronger in e6b than in old e6 or e5/e5r. The game JDS vs X proved that on dm5 by having quite some double bfg frags (normally you've got about 0-2 per game, I just saw 3 while playing, most likely missed some)
also I have to say that dm17 was a nice new experience... e6b forced to use more weapons than just mg. anticamp and ammo reduction brought more movement and variance.

to your points mag Happy

- leaving BFG as it was is just possible by removing the armor... I increased the BFGs damage to keep up with the spawn armor (which makes splash less useful)

- anticamp can not do all the anti camp work^^ it is impossible to punish players moving in a big room while guarding it with this system. I agree with the problem on small maps and so adjusted it to a smaller radius

- battlesuit... yet it always has been kinda the only useful powerup. I hardly increased its strength (from 50% to 60% direct damage reducing, 100% splash protection is standard)... now battlesuit simply is available on all maps. but it is not like the player with battlesuit is invulnerable... already 2 opponents using the right weapon/aim can take him down easily Winking
but battlesuit is the advanced anti camp tool. imo there is nothing wrong about having both teams fighting for a room with that powerup... mostly that room is also a bigger one. it is no annoying camping if both teams have to attack/defend the room. in case of kinda same skilled teams rushing for the room, their attacker/defender status switches about every 30sec.
the annoying camping is to have a team defending a room and once they are beaten up, simply taking the next room. in that case you now can pick up battlesuit... it is a great tool against such campers Big grin

*update*

m2d_c
MaD.'s picture

This conf lookd good and playbl, but make rail reload a bit faster, imo, like on retro serverz. Nevah understand, why some people playing in this own mod where all weapon have excessive damage wana uselles rail? What a discrimination :twisted: , but from another side instarail like in plus cfg not good 2. So, good compromisse, if u dont wana pwned with single shoot, control armorz and helth, more pro style imo. Winking About spammerzz, heh. Better way get rid of stupid random spam- play with friendley fire on 100% (but in ctf must be off).
Dont know how others e+ playerz, but meh like more shotgun with bullet tracer Big grin.
sorry peeps my english sux, i hope ur understand me Laughing

m2d_c
-KTR-

Gods hate campers xD

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture
MaD! wrote:

why some people playing in this own mod where all weapon have excessive damage wana uselles rail? What a discrimination :twisted:
-KTR-

Try load original Excessive mod and see what excessive rail looks like...i bet after that youd love to come back to r6b one Laughing
Besides this rail is more usefull than on old e6 anyway.

@ Secret...glad that you reduced anticamp Happy
About that BFG issue...so get rid of armor after you respawn...the idea was to bfg be more demanding..and in the end it looks that after adding armor direct shots are kinda useless..i have tested it on dm17 and while doing airshots i hardly ever killed opponet..just pushing him off map. Looks like its even more based on splash. Just get rid of armor, reduce bfg damage to what it was like before) and also reduce rail damage -50 (same as armor beginning value)

m2d_c
MaD.'s picture

Ofc i know original excesive rail. Anyway play with normal rail better then wihout or uselles rail. Imo Winking Im agree with u, this rail more usefull then in original e6, but 2 slow reload not good, cause after shoot u cant make fast bfg lump or change weapon in this huge pause. 4 example
u shot armored enemy who attaked u with shaft or mg, if u missing u have no chance. But if u hit him u chance still small cause hes mg light doing damage faster and he can swich on bf or gren , when u have reload pause.

Gods hate campers xD

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture

Just please notice that e6 never was rail based cfg (we have plus or e5r for that)..and e6b is sopose to be just modified, less spammy e6 Winking