e6.cfg v2.0 - a change for the excessive side?

119 replies [Last post]
mow Q [EN]
alast0r wrote:

What about turning off damage on GL. It's just for spam anyway and it's so annoying... Okay you can do nice airshots with it but in e+ everyone fucks on this.

You cant remove splashdamage without changing the movementphysics singificantly. you can try to compensate it with radius and knockback, but ctf-players will not be satified, i promise Happy

*BNT* TYP!
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

e6b is no new cfg. "b" stands for beta and as soon as beta-status is over it will replace the old e6.cfg and taking its name Winking

thank god.

please avoid every situation of creating a new config, because that will kill e+ for sure.

pure e5r whore

mow Q [EN]
typ! wrote:

please avoid every situation of creating a new config, because that will kill e+ for sure.

sorry, but this made me laugh...

*BNT* TYP!
mow Q [EN] wrote:

typ! wrote:

sorry, but this made me laugh...

nothing else but the truth. Happy

pure e5r whore

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

I like the work that is going into this cfg. hopefully it will be something for e5, e5r and old e6 clans to love, and we can end up having more ranked wars (there have been far too little lately, everyone likes his own cfg and is scared to try other peoples cfgs (except ><, of course ;>))

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

*BNT* TYP!
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

I like the work that is going into this cfg. hopefully it will be something for e5, e5r and old e6 clans to love, and we can end up having more ranked wars (there have been far too little lately, everyone likes his own cfg and is scared to try other peoples cfgs (except ><of>))

:thumbright: good speaking Winking

little side note to X-MO : unity;

this is what i ment, imagine adding another config, e+ will split even more. Its not accidental that ranked wars has decreased since the coming of e6. It has been a hard period, where separate groups of clans playing their beloved config (3 types) only.
With another config u will create four groups, and that can be fatal in a period like this where the interest of e+ is slightly decreasing.

Anyway ontopic;
,i hope the new E6 config will blow some life in it again.

Great work!

pure e5r whore

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

ok a few suggestions.

1. remove the shotgun trails. Winking
  2. perhaps g_speed 420?
  3. slightly less mg ammo with a bit more regen? So you can use it for shorter ammount of time, but get it back sooner. Might increase the usage of other weapons, and reduce the mg spam fest. Same for lg.
[/]

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

*BNT* TYP!
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

ok a few suggestions.

1. remove the shotgun trails. Winking
  2. perhaps g_speed 420?
  3. slightly less mg ammo with a bit more regen? So you can use it for shorter ammount of time, but get it back sooner. Might increase the usage of other weapons, and reduce the mg spam fest. Same for lg.

F1 for g_speed 420

What about xp_physics 2... ?!

[/]

pure e5r whore

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

im not so sure about physics 2. it would radically change the excessive ctf gameplay, and definitly reduce the ammount of bfg air shots (which is one of the coolest parts of excessive gaming).

speaking of that, a hardcoded xp_holyshit: 1; would be nice Winking

also, i think Renos idea of a limited e5r style rail is the way forward. Basically make the rail have 303 damage and only 5 non-regenerative shots.

Alternativly, i have an idea that might actually be interesting strategically.

You give rail max ammo 5, but set spawn ammo to 1 or 2.
On the map you replace the rail gun with a slug box. That way if players want to shoot the rail more often, they will have to pick up that slug box.

*BNT* TYP!

thats sounds nice Happy

but i got a little question, if rail damage is 303, is it instant kill then?
(i dont know anything about config settings etc..)

Because i (pure e5r player) would at least give it a try then.

pure e5r whore