e6.cfg v2.0 - a change for the excessive side?

119 replies [Last post]
'ASH

The cfg is nice, the new lg is perfect imo.

The cfg makes u think about the weapon you are using instead of shooting with the first weap u hold when u see an ennemy. The switch (cpma alike) is still fast enough to avoid a singleweapon game (not new for e6 tho, but still shouldnt be forgotten!).

Health/regeneration(not the powerup)/battesuit give some good reason to move around the map.

=ANU815=
outeris's picture
RONiN wrote:

seems ok to me... i cant really suggest much. unfortunately i dont have dev.cfg, and i don't know if it would work outside 1.04dev

if the anticamp settings are strong, it kind of nullifies the tactic of the gauntlet kill via awaiting a slide/end of teleport making it totally redundant in non ctf games. maybe a weight decrease might make it interesting?

as for the splash damage of the lg maybe that should be turned down... but the style and knockback is useful (especially in space maps and for people who use it to climb other walls)

better acc for mg is good, but i agree with jeff, i think it is too strong, even at close range it is strong. higher cycle, lower damage along with the lower spread might be something to try? so that someone with sg has advantage at closer range

my minds/words :}

SNEAKY!BAEL wrote:

That would really suck. Everyone would be just going around with gauntlet killing everyone. Definitely a no to that from my side. But the cfg might be good tho.

Disagree.

Slightly decreased wight off gauntlet will add something funnier.

The majority of people think they think, when really they just change their prejudices. Understanding is a matter of will in most cases.

Lietuvių excessiveplus draugija - Lithuanians National Team
Linux (1st E17+Compiz powered ! Built on Debian GNU/Linux.)

MODDB.com all cool things for Quake III Arena @ one place from E+

*ZMB*SEEBZ*
Seebz's picture

Depends how much speed you add to the gauntlet boy... if he goes like flash gordon, then it is sensless...

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

tested it? e6 1.0 already had 0 suicide damage and now also radius is 0. That way a dying enemy should not effect you at all.
But halved the cycle now Winking

maybe i bumped into him or something before i fragged, cos i definately stopped when i killed with gaunt.
i like the new updates... especially the removal of armour in ctf... makes sense now, will keep the game a bit more fluid.

the only reason of adding plasma would be if you make it the 'fun weapon' but we already have that with the rail.
yeh the bfg is nice, similar to my 'minus' config. it will take some time to get used to for people... the lg isn't really that different to be honest, although i miss the explosions (i love puting that in peoples faces)

*ZMB*SEEBZ*
Seebz's picture

tested. Great config, no minuses...

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture
'ASH wrote:

The cfg makes u think about the weapon you are using instead of shooting with the first weap u hold when u see an ennemy.

F1.

Still, get rid of rail once and for all Winking or make it half useful. 1 or 2 instant kills per death. Big grin

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

|AbarTh|
AbarTh's picture

Ehhh, cfg better than e6. And I liked e6 so I like e6b more Tongue. Great job secret, Im looking forward to see e6b ctf cup.

One change I would make: rail like in e6. (Two shots to kill the enemy). Thsi rail now is useless - none will use it. And imo all weps should be usefull, ones more, ones less. And especially if there are medkits, healths, armors and everythings a bit closer to cpma style game, believe me - even these two shots can be usefull.

Nothing is impossible

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture
RONiN wrote:

the only reason of adding plasma would be if you make it the 'fun weapon' but we already have that with the rail.
yeh the bfg is nice, similar to my 'minus' config. it will take some time to get used to for people... the lg isn't really that different to be honest, although i miss the explosions (i love puting that in peoples faces)

Actually current e6b rail is even usefull...its way stronger than in e5 and in few ocasions i found it handy to take down opponet from far distance when i was out of mg bullets xD
Plasma is just annoying..imo totally bad idea :roll:
And about lg...i see huuuuge difference between e5/6 and e6b...on previus cfgs it was my favourite weapon and now its kinda...odd lol...I agree with Yas about smoke...in beginnig i even liked it but after longer testing i would prefer to have the damn smoke back Tongue Its usefull in lg slides..asspecially on space maps when you slide on "invisible walls"...and also you can see if it reach target far away from you...i know you can hear it but i play pretty often w/o sound...
As for BFG...its a bit too strong but i can live with that.

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture

thx for your inputs! I really aprciate it Big grin

*lil update*

-mg dmg -1
-bfg dmg -2
-plasma removed (you guys are right, senseless^^)
-gaunt weight 0.9 (10% increased speed, lets see how it feels Laughing

|pGv|AbarTh wrote:

Ehhh, cfg better than e6. And I liked e6 so I like e6b more Tongue. Great job secret, Im looking forward to see e6b ctf cup.

e6b is no new cfg. "b" stands for beta and as soon as beta-status is over it will replace the old e6.cfg and taking its name Winking

btw. ones testing is over I will add a more relaxed anticamp for FFA (10 sec and just 50 or 60 dmg).

as for rail ppl seem to be divided actually. "delete it", "keep it e5 alike", "keep it old e6 alike". so hmm... not sure... I like the e5 alike tho^^

oh and the only sense for the lg explosion is to see if you hit... but Id really say you either "feel" it or enable sound Tongue

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

.. or enable sound Tongue

or enable smoke xD
Anyway updated cfg in jds/mcn server.