e6.cfg v2.0 - a change for the excessive side?

119 replies [Last post]
UnknownUser807
Reno's picture

i like it, 1 question.

if you got rid of rockets and plasma, why not get rid of rail completly?
There is no point having it like a water pistol pew pew pew pew pew.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

actually reno's suggestion seems pretty good for e6.

lets face it, rail will either be e5r style (one of main weapons) or noone will use it (e6 v1.Innocent.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

... or noone will use it (e6 v1.Innocent.

which will end up in mg lame anyways.
u can do it insta rail alike, 600 damage, but put a high cycle time though

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture

ya, or limit it to 1 or 2 shots instant kill - until you respawn Winking
then it will be a pot luck shot in times of emergency

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Astro BoY
Explosive's picture
UnknownUser807 wrote:

There is no point having it like a water pistol pew pew pew pew pew.

OFF: LOOOL xD

btw i like this cfg Tongue

^o^

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

which will end up in mg lame anyways.
u can do it insta rail alike, 600 damage, but put a high cycle time though

mg>rail Tongue
Like Secret said..railgun is NOT sopose to be main weapon in e6b. You got plus and e5r and e6r for that.

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

we have a lot more health (can go up to 400 by collecting those small healths), and a lot more armour (start with some, and also loads lying around) so i think that a 300 rail shot wont be insta kill, you'll still have a lot of health and armour left over. if the switch time is same as bfg and sg, i dont think it would be a primary killing machine, but would still be useful for a few people.

maybe do a little test with a couple of completely plus players, e5r players, and e6 v1 players, you'll see a balance somewhere.

it takes a lot longer to frag in this config. it will be capture heaven for attackers in ctf.

another minor suggestion: lower the cycle of the gauntlet and make the knockback of suicide to 0, so you can kill multiple enemies by running thru themwith gaunt, there was one point where i could have killed two guys if i hadnt been knocked back.

alast0r
execrable's picture

maybe making you speed up when you use gauntlet?

SNEAKY!BAEL
Shrinkd's picture

That would really suck. Everyone would be just going around with gauntlet killing everyone. Definitely a no to that from my side. But the cfg might be good tho.

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

lets face it, rail will either be e5r style (one of main weapons) or noone will use it (e6 v1.Innocent.

actually I hoped to get it like in e5 some kind of "fun weapon".
slightly increased ammo and damage to make it more useful along with a lower cycle to be less like mg. so on large distance rail can be better than mg. like on ctf4 for instance.
On actual e6b settings rail is 30% slower with 50% more damage compared to e5. I hope that way the rail becomes a bit more useful. In e5 it already is used as fun weapon... if it is in e6 simply a bit more advanced fun weapon that is satisfying to me at least^^

already thought about re-adding rockets and plasma. but rockets yet always were just obvious spam in excessive cfgs. plasma could be added as fun weapon tho. we should stay with the actual main weapons imo Happy

RONiN wrote:
it takes a lot longer to frag in this config. it will be capture heaven for attackers in ctf.

Hopefully not Happy We will need some bigger CTF test to find out...
But main weapons (mg, sg, lg, bfg) have slightly increased damage to remove the time of killing the armor. So armor especially helps against splash damage.
But since especially offenders are collecting armors I removed yellow and red armor from ctf for now. Also the health hard limit for ctf went down to 330.

RONiN wrote:

another minor suggestion: lower the cycle of the gauntlet and make the knockback of suicide to 0

tested it? e6 1.0 already had 0 suicide damage and now also radius is 0. That way a dying enemy should not effect you at all.
But halved the cycle now Winking

But as it looks like ppl feel good with the Anticamp, SG, Nades, BFG and health/armor settings so far. (BFG gurus should be happy about bfg killing better on direct hit :!Happy
What about this new lg? thought there would be more comments about it^^ It is a big change to one of the main weapons tho.

First post is updated with the newest beta. Servers will be updated soon.
- decreased some ammo, but increased regen
- added plasma for testing
- removed main armor items and extra health from ctf

thx for the tests/comments so far! keep it going Big grin