Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture

how does actually the item section on the cfg work? with former replace, amount and regen sections...
it is not shown in default nor sampel cfg Sad

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture
easy wrote:

At the moment it is not possible to alter items by config. It still needs some work so I disabled the whole option in this release.

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

my eng is crapy D: but section about items is disabled. 1st post.

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

New bug (i think it was already on 1.03 too):

- Sometimes when espectating, i can't cycle through all players. It happened before on 1.03 too sometimes, the only workaround was to /reconnect. In the demo i post, i can't cycle through dancingshadow, however, in the end i can spectate him thanks to xp_drawmouse 1 so i can just click on his name Big grin.

Also, these bugs have been already posted here, but there hasn't been said if they are fixed or not.

1. /echo "something" just prints the text in the console, but it isn't echoed in the screen.
2. Player disconnect message appears twice (see the screenshot).

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture
superbad! wrote:

maybe i mis understanding something. Shock
have e5 and e5r become 1 config in this beta release?
cause i think maybe u want to have them separate but update e5 for the switch/rail haters. and keep e5r the same as it was for the ppl that currently play it without any dislikes.
borg servers (if they upgrade) will try to running a cfg that matches e5r, but atm it looks like theres just an altered e5.
and the e5 servers can run a/the modified e5 to suit there needs.

peace.

e5 has always had virtually 0 switch time... the only difference between e5 and e5r is the rail. did you ever use the 'official' and 'retro' servers? you would notice the difference
get used to the new config... it's the future.

i think you may be confused, or i am getting confused by what you are trying to say.

anyway, you are free to run your own custom config on your server to keep the regulars happy... but as easy said... the changes to the config in the latest version are to stop switch abuse.

.DA|BEAST.
Beast_Cro's picture
lagstard wrote:

New bug (i think it was already on 1.03 too):

- Sometimes when espectating, i can't cycle through all players. It happened before on 1.03 too sometimes, the only workaround was to /reconnect.

I solve that by clicking on "spectate" option again..that solves it.

That problem usually happens when I spec 1 player and map finishes and server loads another map while on the same guy. Then when I click trough other player POV's I cant get the 1st player that was on the last map speced and at the beginning of new map...until I do "spectate" option again - then its all good.
Hope it helps ^^

The chase is better than the catch!

.DA| Clan | CRO Team

Beer freezer server map rotation + download links:
http://www.excessiveplus.net/forums/thread/beer-freezer-rotation

crw wrote:

easy wrote:

Switchtime changed as it was too fast, allowed weapon abuse.

Please hold this line Easy! Too much "nade_down_bfg_up" moves are also abuse!
Ok I am supposed to say that. Most of Space Station players are asking to change back switchtime\lg knockback..But I am against it as I am sick of skillless people just riding around the map with lg without even pretanding to aim! For e5r lovers--rail is a powerfull enough weapon in new e5. And switchtime..Everyone who played other then 1.03 versions of e+ and\or mr. Pants Excessive Overkill said fast switch is too abusive.
The only suggestion I want to make about cfg..Maby making lg abit more powerfull? With such mg it felt for me useless to switch to lg in close combat..

EDIT: Something about new mod system..Will clans write their own cfg and play them, and talk and insult each other as it was in 1.03 talking about: what cfg to play? Its same q3, having just 2 cfg: Plus and e5, would make it so much easier omg..

Corwin? go to e6 if u want... but a lot of ppl are used to fast moving... imo fast moves was excessiveplus style for me and a lot of who started play on 1.03 xp version and 1.32 quake like me... now show me ppl who dont use nade+bfg old school players? ok but not all... aonly a few... and tell me for who is this relase is making? for young players (imo) so if speed is 2much for u go to e6 and play tdm or load baseq3... i came here cuz i wanted to get unequall speed... now when my dreams are coming to truth a few players destroy it.... cuz e5 is to switch... Shadows idea of switchtime is better than change e5 to e6.... and now for me e5 is e6... oldschool everywhere... sry for my eng i hope it is translatable... and btw. lg a bit powerful... about 2cfgs on one server 4 me f1 cuz not on all servers one server with it is enought more fun... e+ is mod 4fun cuz nobody organized cup with true reward like in cpm...

_|DS*Achm3D*
MaGiK's picture

Great move with low swiotchtime...much apreciated Smug

dynioo0 wrote:

Corwin? go to e6 if u want...

Go to e5r if you want Tongue

crw
Corwin's picture
S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN] wrote:

easy wrote:
Switchtime changed as it was too fast, allowed weapon abuse.

good move!
it still is very fast tho... slower would be enjoyable to all of the oldschoolers, but giving too much trouble to the ppl who rely on switch...
so it is some decent compromise and lowers the extreme spam and abuse

Lets try to keep both sides satisfied Dynio Happy And btw even in pants some ppl managed to get exraordinary speed, its just matter of practice and passion Winking

RONiN wrote:

get used to the new config... it's the future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After closer look to new config lg doesnt seems weak to me anymore, I just suck with lg Big grin

For how long will you try?
How long untill you walk away?
Your facade can't diguise
The fact that you're in mizery.

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

hes in e5r atm. but if u change what that is by making it more like e6, then he has no choice. which is the prob.

what i meant in my other post, was instead of taking away what we already have. why cant we add?
i am sure there are many who would like to continue to play e5/e5r how it currently is. and would not like to get used to it(the new copy)
of course its fine to make our own copy that suits the regulars. but then we would be the only ones that own the cfg and it would be limited to just our servers.
instead i dont see whats wrong with adding the new e5 cfg but just naming it slightly different, e52 lol
and keep what we have, so that admins can choose if they wanna host the new cfgs and force their players to adapt, or then can choose to use the currrent versions.
so havethe current versions bundled with the mod so that they dont become rare.
simply:
include the current e5/e5r
include a new version of e5
that would be perfect. why edit when u can add. dont take away what we have. give us more options but dont enfore(wrong term here?) change.
pls consider it.
this would satisfy all.

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

crw
Corwin's picture

This wouldnt..How cant you see? There will be 2 clans up to old e5\r, 2 clans up to old e6 and 3 clans up to new e5...Noone would accept other sides cfg and no more wars\events are gonna be played. And rank will die totally. It means everyone can leave clans now cause they wont find cw opponents ever anyway.

For how long will you try?
How long untill you walk away?
Your facade can't diguise
The fact that you're in mizery.