Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture

maybe i mis understanding something. Shock
have e5 and e5r become 1 config in this beta release?
cause i think maybe u want to have them separate but update e5 for the switch/rail haters. and keep e5r the same as it was for the ppl that currently play it without any dislikes.
borg servers (if they upgrade) will try to running a cfg that matches e5r, but atm it looks like theres just an altered e5.
and the e5 servers can run a/the modified e5 to suit there needs.

peace.

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

man please, read topic from first page please and dont post bugs what arr still posted here or "solved"

crw
Corwin's picture
easy wrote:

Switchtime changed as it was too fast, allowed weapon abuse.

Please hold this line Easy! Too much "nade_down_bfg_up" moves are also abuse!
Ok I am supposed to say that. Most of Space Station players are asking to change back switchtime\lg knockback..But I am against it as I am sick of skillless people just riding around the map with lg without even pretanding to aim! For e5r lovers--rail is a powerfull enough weapon in new e5. And switchtime..Everyone who played other then 1.03 versions of e+ and\or mr. Pants Excessive Overkill said fast switch is too abusive.
The only suggestion I want to make about cfg..Maby making lg abit more powerfull? With such mg it felt for me useless to switch to lg in close combat..

EDIT: Something about new mod system..Will clans write their own cfg and play them, and talk and insult each other as it was in 1.03 talking about: what cfg to play? Its same q3, having just 2 cfg: Plus and e5, would make it so much easier omg..

For how long will you try?
How long untill you walk away?
Your facade can't diguise
The fact that you're in mizery.

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

and a screenshot for those who have not installed 1.04xyz yet.

at this point i get a hitsound, even it is a mile away from enemy.

and no, i had no lag (connection interrupted shows just because i watched demo in strong slowmotion)

That bug and several other has been fixed already (that specific bug is targeted here).

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

in 1.04 is new ''spawn protect'' system yes? when somebody kill you after respawn in console is msg SPAWN KILL and you can respawn again. but why that ''spawn protect'' give chance to respawn if i kill somebody (who stay alive more than need spawn protect [few rounds maybe]) after my respawn? its bug or it is correct?

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
XV!BENEDYKT wrote:

in 1.04 is new ''spawn protect'' system yes? when somebody kill you after respawn in console is msg SPAWN KILL and you can respawn again. but why that ''spawn protect'' give chance to respawn if i kill somebody (who stay alive more than need spawn protect [few rounds maybe]) after my respawn? its bug or it is correct?

It is a double sided spawn protection. If you just spawn and there is an enemy just in front of you and you kill him, isn't it the same as being spawn raped?

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

=ANU815=
outeris's picture
XV!BENEDYKT wrote:

=ANU815= wrote:
pax wrote:
Suggestion
If it were possible to set the entire config specific for Team Red and config specific for Team Blue, you could potentially have a Plus clan vs an E5 clan etc, and open up a whole bunch of new ideas. (...)

That, sounds extreme powerfull idea.(...))

two others configs at that same time in one server? imposible for me. i create cfg where raill take 9999 hp and his cycle will be 1ms... wht then? anybody from team with plus or e* conf will try to kill me?
i canot imagine ..
negativ.

erm as i understand, two teams, two cfg's for each team, like: red are plus cfg, blue are e5r cfg Happy = lets kill somebody :BBBB xDD
yea i know its mad idea, but somehow impossible things are attractive, e+ already have freedom, this one really challenging idea Happy (arhmn, firstly ofc bugs..so cool idea for future )

peace, forget it

The majority of people think they think, when really they just change their prejudices. Understanding is a matter of will in most cases.

Lietuvių excessiveplus draugija - Lithuanians National Team
Linux (1st E17+Compiz powered ! Built on Debian GNU/Linux.)

MODDB.com all cool things for Quake III Arena @ one place from E+

S3c|¯3¯|¯ [EN]
Secret's picture
easy wrote:

Switchtime changed as it was too fast, allowed weapon abuse.

good move!
it still is very fast tho... slower would be enjoyable to all of the oldschoolers, but giving too much trouble to the ppl who rely on switch...
so it is some decent compromise and lowers the extreme spam and abuse.

xp_railgun 0 does not switch off insta rail... which makes e5 actually e5r.

spawn protection is not needed for ctf.

finally the 10000 bullet bug is fixed Big grin

adding some of the popular configs to the package would be a real benefit Winking

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture
lagstard wrote:

It is a double sided spawn protection. If you just spawn and there is an enemy just in front of you and you kill him, isn't it the same as being spawn raped?

i think different. when i saw that second side of spawn protecd, i was have spawn do jump from spawn start aim and hit my opponent. after that i saw in top of screen "spawn kill" (...) its disgusting. it should work only in one way, in first situation... not after my spawn.

i very like that new system Winking old throwing far far away from spawn place was very bad and sometimes was makeing me mad.

btw. i think that i dont need any spawn protection :oops:

[MR.]KAKTUS
KaKTus's picture

btw guys Happy sry but i didnt read whole 12 pages Happy also im not at home to test it. just wanna ask if bug with if-all-players-in-tag-are-dead-then-blue-wins bug was fixed Happy

2 beer or not 2 beer

ASSCARI * DSS wrote:
Kaktus has beer instead of brain, so better dont wait for him Tongue