Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
^[Evil]Monkey

(monkey posting)
Knowing that our old name binds/cfg files didn't work
Testing a new one, i've needed to set both the name in xp_name and seta name, before starting e+
Won't this be kinda difficult for the guys who have many name binds?

If you have a cfg with:
name "#cc#cd"
xp_name "#cc#cd"
Once you exec the cfg file, it won't set the name correctly and ends up something like "##c ##d"

EDIT: You don't actually need the xp_name bind in the cfg file..
As when you try to change it, it says read only.

easy
Developer
easy's picture
^[Evil]Monkey wrote:

(monkey posting)
Knowing that our old name binds/cfg files didn't work
Testing a new one, i've needed to set both the name in xp_name and seta name, before starting e+
Won't this be kinda difficult for the guys who have many name binds?

If you have a cfg with:
name "#cc#cd"
xp_name "#cc#cd"
Once you exec the cfg file, it won't set the name correctly and ends up something like "##c ##d"

EDIT: You don't actually need the xp_name bind in the cfg file..
As when you try to change it, it says read only.

Your example would execute like:

UnnamedPlayer renamed to #cc#cd.
#cc#cd renamed to LM. (LM in fancy font)

As "name" no longer takes encoded characters, while "xp_name" does and is no longer read-only.

^[Evil]Monkey

Ah ok thanks..

|.NS?CTHULHU|

In freeze tag, whenever there is a tie in the round, meaning all the players on both sides die, blue team always wins the tie. I think it should be randomly selected, or some other method for deciding the win instead of defaulting for a certain team giving that team an advantage, just because of their color. Lol.

I'm still Devo.

Laktos
Trollet's picture

The bluescore bug have been fixed - The one who instahit first gets the point Happy An idea could be draw instead.

Alla blå bär är blå bär - även blåbär - men det är bara blåbär som är blåbär.
A cloud pooped out a rainbow turd.

|.NS?CTHULHU|

Oh, ok. Cool. Happy

Also, is there a way to change the weapon switch lag when you have a ping of 130. There seems to be a definite difference in ability to switch on a server where you have low ping and one where you have high ping... Could the client do some prediction, kind of like the lag jump bug?

I'm trying to run 1.04-beta3 locally... but... when I do, I've gotten a few errors. The most common one is I try and just do a skirmish on q3dm1 and the thing starts but it'll just hang at the Awaiting game status... 0 screen. I have also gotten a Bad trap number: 435 or something like that error. Any suggestions? Surprise

I'm still Devo.

unuzero

nice work easy +team.. keep it up Happy

i was wondering if the current game info like team names, score and date could be called upon for demo-recording purposes and maybe even on_exit sshots.

something like, on a press of a button you get

/record #T1:#S1-#S2:#T2_#D.dm_68

where
#T1 is team A
#S1 is team A score
#D is date/time

not really a vital improvement but would be nice to be able to do that, since this data is already being used for display purposes no?

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

Also, is there a way to change the weapon switch lag when you have a ping of 130. There seems to be a definite difference in ability to switch on a server where you have low ping and one where you have high ping... Could the client do some prediction, kind of like the lag jump bug?

I haven't seen any problems with switch time with 100 ping (normal us ping) or 200 ping (euro ping), its just that the shots are delayed

|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

I'm trying to run 1.04-beta3 locally... but... when I do, I've gotten a few errors. The most common one is I try and just do a skirmish on q3dm1 and the thing starts but it'll just hang at the Awaiting game status... 0 screen.

I think that happens when you try to launch the server and haven't loaded the dll/so explicitly with +set vm_game 0.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

|.NS?CTHULHU|
lagstard wrote:

|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

I haven't seen any problems with switch time with 100 ping (normal us ping) or 200 ping (euro ping), its just that the shots are delayed

|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

I'm trying to run 1.04-beta3 locally... but... when I do, I've gotten a few errors. The most common one is I try and just do a skirmish on q3dm1 and the thing starts but it'll just hang at the Awaiting game status... 0 screen.

I think that happens when you try to launch the server and haven't loaded the dll/so explicitly with +set vm_game 0.

I guess it's the delay that throws me off. I feel like I can shoot more weapons faster on US server than EU servers when pressing the same buttons at the same speed.

Yeah, I got it to work. I go my own server running now and can connect. I'm Still missing textures for the console and the little ones for explosions. BTW, I'm running this using wine on Ubuntu 9.04.

I'm still Devo.

pax
pbm's picture

Quote:
No. By default Q3 always sets the download speed to 25% (0.25) of your connection. But, you can change this to 1 which is 100% to achieve the fastest possible download speed.

Note: id may have done this so as not to saturate the server's bandwidth. While it could be an issue on Q3 Servers it is irrelevant on Urban Terror, OpenArena or any game based on ioq3/Xreal since these use http redirects to allow the maps and mod to be downloaded from a server other than the game server.

When I try to change this, it seems to make no difference to my download speed. Still fluctuates from 10 -18k.

Yep, I know how the dload speed works on UT and ioQuake, which is why I mentioned it in the first place, and as mentioned by others, I totally think this mod needs to be incorporated into the ioquake engine, so we can have this feature. It could go further than that. There are high quality texture packs out there (one made by an e+ player), and if we incorporated our own map pack, 4 or 5 custom models, a nice new front end with menu driven features and so on, we could have an E+ standalone game. I love what easy is doing here, but like I said in an email to him, it seems a shame to work it if we aren't going to find new people to play it. In my opinion, now that QLive is here, people are gonna be less inclined to play original Q3, so less likely to ever find E+. With this game as a standalone download, with its own media, it could get a new lease of life and rebuild a waning community.