Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture

...and suddenly ppl are excited and getting into the spirit of it. Now isn't pushing the Mod forward way better than bickering. Happy

XV!BENEDYKT wrote:

when you are far away from teleport, the image at second side is looks like after fog... but not in 1.04 beta3. i form long distance i see only black teleport gate. at 1.03 it works correctly.
at new e+ its looks that: screen1
at old e+ its looks that: screen2 - with my configuration of client it isnt look like fog xD but it is it xD
when you are close, fog dissapear (new e+) screen3 like in old e+ screen4

at other maps its looks that same - black whole...

Nice observation but stuff like this seems cosmetic and not really important to a successful 1.04 release.

pax wrote:

n1 ty for a new release.

Please remove bandwidth restriction on server downloads for new releases if possible - 12-14k on 30meg map packs is painful Big grin

Change:

seta cl_downloadSpeed "0.25"

to

seta cl_downloadSpeed "1"

mow Q [EN] wrote:

i am pretty sure, somebody else is posting under easy's account...

Happy

easy
Developer
easy's picture

Some updates.

lagstard wrote:

1. When a weapon has a radius but no splash damage (like railgun in plus.cfg), when you miss the shot but the enemy is inside that radius, the hit sound sounds even when the enemy receives no damage at all. The stats however do record the shot as a miss.

Removed the hitsound if there is no damage. While at it I also removed the bleeding for g_friendlyFire and attacks without damage.

lagstard wrote:

2. Lag jumps aren't fixed yet.

Now the client should always be aware of multijumps and predict them correctly.

Searchpath for configs has been fixed. It's now like it always have been.

crw wrote:

Space Station BF6.
First of all, when you connect, it says its excessive5.cfg but it looks more like e5s..or e6s counting switchtime.

Have a look at conf/excessive5.cfg. It allows serveradmins to choose between xp_railgun and xp_space.
Switchtime changed as it was too fast, allowed weapon abuse.

crw wrote:

Freefly spec bug: while freeflying somewhere press score button and you'll stuck..

"It's not a bug, it's a feature". There is a mouse pointer on the scoreboard to point and click someone you want to spectate. (You can control it by xp_drawMouse)
Serveradmins should disable sv_floodProtect and use xp_floodProtect instead, to have it work correctly.

ADI wrote:

in 1.03 when u was strafing there was a sound of touching ground after each jump, in 1.04 this sound is missing.... and also if you will jump in air and if you will fall down there will be no a pain sound even no sound when you will touch a ground ;P

Fixed. Now if DM_NO_FALLING_DAMAGE is set it will have the correct sound but no pain sound.

lagstard wrote:

- Chat protection in the cfg doesnt do anything. It should be removed because the var xp_chatprotection works fine and you can do a $xp_chatprotection = 0; in your cfg.

Removed.

lagstard wrote:

It should be
[code:1] if ( $g_gametype == GT_RTF ) {
Flag Return *= 2;
}[/code:1]

Thanks, fixed.

The Camels Clan wrote:

I was changing config from plusbeta to baseq3 and this popup was displayed Tongue
It was on winxp local server

You can "/seta com_blindlyLoadDLLs 1" to suppress the popup.

Leito wrote:

We noticed new code for "special" fonts.
In 1.03 it is like that --> +x# or +X#.
Here it look like that --> example #cc

So "old" +x# = now #e1 (+123...till 9, then it is random Confused)

+X# works now like that --> #c1 (123..9)

We have special fonts like big "L" from qname --> #12
Numbers --> #b1 (123...9)

Fixed the encoding. Finally completely seperated xp_name from name. Put your fancy names to xp_name.

The encoding was changed to make it more accessible. Here is how you can map the characters.
http://www.excessiveplus.net/~easy/104-beta3/charmap.png

I've also added a new fancy code. Lite "^l"
It will make the font lite/thin.

In gamebrowsers like the Spider, it will display all fancy characters like normal ones. No dots anymore but still it is limited by the engine and the name will be cut.

FEL!X wrote:

now lava/acid and space have adjustable thaw time, unfortunately its only one value. Before lava/acid had 5 sek and space 10.

Seperated Arena Thaw into Void, Lava, Slime and Water. Will add Crush Thaw (if you get squished) tomorrow.

PS: There is only one easy, as far as I know Happy

pax
pbm's picture

Quote:
Change:

to

Its a new command for this release? Shock

WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture
pax wrote:

Quote:
Change:

to

Its a new command for this release? Shock

No. By default Q3 always sets the download speed to 25% (0.25) of your connection. But, you can change this to 1 which is 100% to achieve the fastest possible download speed.

Note: id may have done this so as not to saturate the server's bandwidth. While it could be an issue on Q3 Servers it is irrelevant on Urban Terror, OpenArena or any game based on ioq3/Xreal since these use http redirects to allow the maps and mod to be downloaded from a server other than the game server.

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture

when i connect to a password protected server using an application (i used all seeing eye, and i entered the password in here) it connect fine.
but when connecting using the console in q3, and then doing:
/password something
it does not accept it and keeps saying invalid password

i was connecting to here:
http://www.excessiveplus.net/query/78.159.115.76:27960

this is a screenshot:
http://www.jwarez.net/pics/9b1dbac0ec4f242ee2640f95fd5c4df5.jpg

also echo does not work.

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
superbad! wrote:

when i connect to a password protected server using an application (i used all seeing eye, and i entered the password in here) it connect fine.
but when connecting using the console in q3, and then doing:
/password something
it does not accept it and keeps saying invalid password

i was connecting to here:
http://www.excessiveplus.net/query/78.159.115.76:27960

this is a screenshot:
http://www.jwarez.net/pics/9b1dbac0ec4f242ee2640f95fd5c4df5.jpg

That's not e+ related, its just something weird that happen sometimes when you first try to connect to a password protected server without the password. When that happens, just restart q3 and be sure to first type the right password before trying to connect. I just connected without problems.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture

hum. i tried again twice more, this time putting the passwor before connecting. and same thing happened. i never have this trouble before Thinking
http://www.jwarez.net/pics/a3fd5aa0c21f0b45b983c949e1963cee.jpg

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

do \name Unnamed and it should be gone.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

do \name Unnamed and it should be gone.

sorry, didn't work. Sad
can u try again(using console)

|.NS?CTHULHU|

Wow, this new version is developing fast. Easy is a programmer on steroids. Maybe there should be a bugtracker. Winking Bugzilla? Tongue

The config syntax looks like PHP syntax... I bet Easy somehow just embedded PHP into E+... or the PHP parser... or something like that. But why not Python? Surprise

Ummm... I think it'd be nice to port this to OpenArena. They have already solved the issue of player models and default maps by making their own. So they have a standalone solution. I think if this were a standalone game and free to download more people would download it.

Sexy sexy stuff. My biggest fear is that the magical Easy will disappear suddenly and leave with the source code. Surprise I'd be more relieved if there was maybe a public SVN... But Easy probably has a reason for this. He's a smart person, I trust him.

I'm still Devo.