Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
Warren G
FELiX's picture

oke i finished rewrite plus for this beta version fa sho it is less bugged than this plusn written by dunno who.

edited:
cfg updated on page 7

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture

names dont display properly Thinking

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

i can't see if i write a screenshot in the upper right corner anymore, is this a "fix"? It's visible in dropdown console though.

ADI
ADI's picture

dont know why if i will enambe game then /exec cfg i cant run singleplayer because game freeze on awaiting connection 0 and i need to use alt ctr del to disable game because even esc dont work...
but if i enable and i will not do /exec all is fine and singleplayer is runing without problem

and second thing about models like slash and anarki:

in 1.03 when u was strafing there was a sound of touching ground after each jump, in 1.04 this sound is missing.... and also if you will jump in air and if you will fall down there will be no a pain sound even no sound when you will touch a ground ;P

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture
*ZMB*SEEBZ* wrote:

Great job really, but i have one question. Is it possible to make e+ standalone, just as urban terror??? it would bring much more people...

that is because it is a total conversion, it doesnt need any of the original pak0.pk3 resources, while e+ does.

unless someone would want to make all new resources for the game, i seriously doubt it is a possiblity.

well good luck on the future of the e+ project, it's a shame i wont be actively playing the game as i have moved on, i sure would have enjoyed this a couple years ago. i do hope others find this mod and have an enjoyable lifecycle as most of us did during the 2004-2007 period.

i would suggest that you guys look at the things they've done over at ioquake3 dev (if you havent done already... but i'm sure you have) and also twentyseven at urban terror has developed stuff like bloom, water reflections, bump mapping, and other improvements, i'm sure his work might be interesting to some. (i suppose we could just use his executable in place of the normal quake3.exe)

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

k i solve my problem with server at linux Winking

i use two different path for "fs_basepath" & "fs_homepath"
Arrow fs_basepath -> here i have all files from game (quake use that path like read only mode)
Arrow fs_homepath -> here quake save all new config files, save screens, downloads maps etc.

example for fs_basepath in my arch linux: /home/username/games/quake3
example for fs_homepath in my arch linux: /home/username/.q3a

i solve my problem with [code:1]load conf/excessive5.cfg
Rcon: load conf/excessive5.cfg
ERROR: No such file 'default'
ERROR: No such file 'conf/excessive5.cfg'
[/code:1] by paste all xp-1.04-beta3 files in /home/username/games/quake3/excessiveplus and in /home/user/.q3a/excessiveplus

when i paste xp-1.04-beta3 files in /home/username/games/quake3/excessiveplus then i recive that fck ing ERROR Winking

now everythings work correctly (i think? :DD)

joey
madbringer wrote:

I just stated facts. Mind pointing at where i saturated them with my own personal views? That's not to say i'm not being critical and negative, but it's as much my right to be so as it's your right to be positive.

As for why i'm here - i'm here for the people i know and like. I haven't seen anywhere that you need to belong to the little happy cult to be a member of this community.

madbringer wrote:

It's nice that something is going on, but... this is too late. The damage has been done.

Ask and you shall receive, but that is really anal and something I don't like doing however, you did ask. I still have a little hope but even if he fails, i still enjoy the mod. I don't think it's too late. I mean, it's not like the world is being dominated by the Klingonian race and easy was our only hope but he went on vacation. He's back, even for now. Hope is restored even if it's only a little.

Well, G'day. I'll try stuff out whenever the bigger bugs get fixed.

WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture
easy wrote:

...Anyway, slowly I realize again why I had no fun here lately. We should start to clean this forum from the users who left mentally but still visiting this every day.

You have never wrote truer words except for the part about "left mentally" (that supposes that these ppl have a mental capacity which you have been too generous to assume).

Also, you would have to be prepared to lose entire Clans as there are two clans in particular (just read their members posts, you will know which ones) that do nothing but post negativity and bad karma.

CAMPMAN^
stoffel's picture

nice move E+ :thumbright:

looking hopefuel in teh future Winking

BUGS *WGVD* wrote:

The Marcel Reich-Ranicki of Quake has spoken Winking jk

WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture
*ZMB*SEEBZ* wrote:

so I guess it's a no-go... Damn... You know what I talk about? You can download urban terror that works with quake, and urban terror that is standalone... it has many players, and most of them have the standalone version Happy maybe easy could ask for permission or something. I do not know if it would work or anything, just giving ideas Happy

I think the focus should be on 1.04 but if there will be further releases from the current Plus Dev Team or another enterprising crew then the approach taken by Frozen Sands (Urban Terror) is best.

The current version of Urban Terror allows you to install a stand-alone version based on IoQuake3. However, this way means that there is no more PB support. You can still use Pure and the game has an anti-cheat system called UAA.

However, the COOL thing about Unrban Terror is that you copy the q3ut4 directory (folder) from the stand-alone installation and drop it into Q3. This allows you to play Urban Terror as a Q3 Mod and also to use Pure and PB for Ranking.

It would be great if E+ could go this route but it would take a "team of developers" and the support of the Community.

The "base" for this stand-alone package could be ioq3 (http://ioquake3.org/improvements/) or Xreal (http://xreal-project.net/) or OpenArena. It is not like the team would have to take the Q3 GPL Source Code and start from scratch.