Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
Warren G
FELiX's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts:
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

I have problem with loading conversion of plus cfg (ocf i rewrite whole cfg). File format is set like for cfg in beta - unix, encoding: ansi and i tryed utf-8

I used even hex editor to put inside working file my conversion- nothing.

cml
Forum moderator Rank moderator LIVING LEGEND
camel-xp's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts:
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3
easy wrote:

The Camels Clan wrote:
Everytime I want to load some config I cant and get this:

[code:1]
load conf/default.cfg
Rcon: load conf/default.cfg
ERROR: No such file 'default'
ERROR: No such file 'conf/default.cfg'[/code:1]

Do you have the "conf" directory with the new default.cfg?

kek wrote:

no offense, but this is a joke...especially this part:

easy wrote:

We reduced the 3 week beta testing phase to 1 day.

gl tho, you will need it, trust me Winking

I have edited that phrase to make it more clear.

Anyway, slowly I realize again why I had no fun here lately. We should start to clean this forum from the users who left mentally but still visiting this every day.

Yes I have conf directory with new cfg's, but it still cant read from them.

and at the logs I see:

[code:1]execing default.cfg
Unknown command "*"
Unknown command "*"
Unknown command "**/"
Unknown command "Config"
Unknown command "Name"
Unknown command "Date"
Unknown command "Author"
Unknown command "}"
Unknown command "Misc"
Unknown command "*"
Unknown command "*"
.....and so on.[/code:1]

On winXP server is fine on Linux not Happy

kek
Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts:
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3
easy wrote:

Anyway, slowly I realize again why I had no fun here lately. We should start to clean this forum from the users who left mentally but still visiting this every day.

Or the ones who leave physically, but still visit mentally.

Either way, gl like I said.

joey
Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts:
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

trance, you are very troublesome.

If you have such a big problem with e+ why are you putting easy down again, again and again opposed to being somewhere that will be more beneficial to your time?

Just because you say "with respect" does not mean you can say it. An insult is an insult.

kek
Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts:
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3
joey wrote:

trance, you are very troublesome.

If you have such a big problem with e+ why are you putting easy down again, again and again opposed to being somewhere that will be more beneficial to your time?

Just because you say "with respect" does not mean you can say it. An insult is an insult.

you're right.

easy feel free to delete my account here if u felt that much offended.

i just said what i said, because this was too little too late for me from easy. And also because I can take a guess why this release happened "now" but it doesn't matter anymore, it wont change anything. I guess easy knows what I'm talking about...or maybe not, time will tell.

ps. nice english driv Winking

Warren G
FELiX's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts:
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3
kek wrote:

ps. nice english driv Winking

I would say awesome improvement.

reno
Reno's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

nice one!!. but i cant get this shit to work to be honest. just blank screen everytime i try to connect to a server or single player. crap

better instructions would have been nice!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts:
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3
joey wrote:

trance, you are very troublesome.

If you have such a big problem with e+ why are you putting easy down again, again and again opposed to being somewhere that will be more beneficial to your time?

Just because you say "with respect" does not mean you can say it. An insult is an insult.

I feel as much offended by a developer that posts 10 times per 2 years and doesn't put too much effort (none at all, actually) into informing the community he helped create, about what is going on with their beloved mod.

Why are you surprised with the disheartening? There were no news about anything happening with the mod since summer last year. The last beta was released in November 07. A lot of people have quit the mod. The forum base of activity gravitates around mindless spam chat and flame wars.

It's nice that something is going on, but... this is too late. The damage has been done.

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3
FEL!X wrote:

kek wrote:
ps. nice english driv Winking

I would say awesome improvement.

would say dancing translator xD

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts:
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3
kek wrote:

i just said what i said, because this was too little too late for me from easy. And also because I can take a guess why this release happened "now" but it doesn't matter anymore, it wont change anything. I guess easy knows what I'm talking about...or maybe not, time will tell.

I guess you are talking about the "new mod" thing. Well, it appears that that developer is not very trustworthy either because we haven't had any advances on that topic for something that - as i could understand for your explanation - was almost ready.

However, i do think that a day for a new version to come out is too soon, there could appear plenty of bugs. We have waited a long time for this release, and is better for it to go out the right way instead of letting us with another buggy version for years.

Back in topic, i found a couple of bugs:

1. When a weapon has a radius but no splash damage (like railgun in plus.cfg), when you miss the shot but the enemy is inside that radius, the hit sound sounds even when the enemy receives no damage at all. The stats however do record the shot as a miss.
2. Lag jumps aren't fixed yet.

In the meantime, killer and I set up a testing server (its in New York i think): 208.85.4.48:27990
To play on it, just put the zbeta3.pk3 on your excessiveplus folder.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...