Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

It also seems to have problems with fancy names.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

.DA|BEAST.
Beast_Cro's picture

A pleasant surprise must say!

btw. I think I understand what's Trance talking about about the reason why all of this has been rushed (now) so much. But nvm, as long as it has positive effects in the end its OK by me.

GL with fine tuning and fixing the bugs.

Greets,
Beast (CRO : ))

The chase is better than the catch!

.DA| Clan | CRO Team

Beer freezer server map rotation + download links:
http://www.excessiveplus.net/forums/thread/beer-freezer-rotation

easy
Developer
easy's picture
madbringer wrote:

It's nice that something is going on, but... this is too late. The damage has been done.

So what? Should we all go and die happy? That's what I ment with cleaning the forum.
We don't need this in here.

If it's to late for you (and others)... What are you doing here? Just leave or stop posting senseless comments.

If you are here to stay with your old friends, well, that is ok and noone will force you to leave. But then again, stop posting senseless comments on game releated topics.

To the rest who still have fun playing this game.

This is not the last release. There will be at least the 1.04 final, approximately in some weeks/months, depending on how many bugs you will find/report.

And after that we will see how the public interests are for a small website update. I mean this one is like 6 years old Winking

PS: We experience some DNS problems at the moment. The site is up but many cannot reach it.

DriV
Driver's picture

here u can find always the lastes version of cfg

http://lja.pl/fag/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=229

unique * mnc
mnc's picture

I feel sorry for you Trance. If you don't like it, delete this site from bookmarks and stop spreading crap like this.
Believe me, you're not the top of the world...

easy
Developer
easy's picture

@Flex: If you still have problems, could you attach your config?

The Camels Clan wrote:

On winXP server is fine on Linux not Happy

For the moment its case-sensitive on Linux. So "Conf/Default.cfg" is not the same as "conf/default.cfg".
Rename the conf folder and all including cfgs to lowercase to fix it. This will change it the later release.

lagstard wrote:

1. When a weapon has a radius but no splash damage (like railgun in plus.cfg), when you miss the shot but the enemy is inside that radius, the hit sound sounds even when the enemy receives no damage at all. The stats however do record the shot as a miss.

Good catch.

lagstard wrote:

2. Lag jumps aren't fixed yet.

What do you mean with "Lag jumps"?

lagstard wrote:

It also seems to have problems with fancy names.

Unfortunately the encoding is broken. Thanks, will be fixed.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3
easy wrote:

lagstard wrote:
2. Lag jumps aren't fixed yet.

What do you mean with "Lag jumps"?

jumplags on multijumping, were ur jump is pingX2 late (i think thats at least the formula for it)
mostly occurs if u connect with baseq3 client.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

joey
easy wrote:

madbringer wrote:
It's nice that something is going on, but... this is too late. The damage has been done.

So what? Should we all go and die happy? That's what I ment with cleaning the forum.
We don't need this in here.

If it's to late for you (and others)... What are you doing here? Just leave or stop posting senseless comments.

If you are here to stay with your old friends, well, that is ok and noone will force you to leave. But then again, stop posting senseless comments on game releated topics.

To the rest who still have fun playing this game.

This is not the last release. There will be at least the 1.04 final, approximately in some weeks/months, depending on how many bugs you will find/report.

And after that we will see how the public interests are for a small website update. I mean this one is like 6 years old Winking

PS: We experience some DNS problems at the moment. The site is up but many cannot reach it.

I don't want to single anyone out however, I could say a bunch of things. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you," blah blah blah. My point is, yes maybe it is too late, FOR SOME however, there are still people here looking forward to things. If it is truly too late, then why are you here? You guys have obviously lost hope. All you are doing is draining the community even more by soiling the page with dribble making the community look like unappreciative little pricks. Yes I acknowledge your achievements and contributions to this mod however, you are taking away what you helped make.

I do not agree with Easy's unannounced 'vacation' however I get on to play and have fun and luckily, that is what happens usually. Unfortunately, I run into a bunch of lamers time to time but I would like to believe there are more good than bad times, as long as I stay out of the forums.

I am not saying that just because Easy has shown his face again that everything is fine, great and the community will prosper however, it's a start, unfortunately many of the comments here are constant causes of demotivation. I do not believe a new final will be released any time soon however, it gives hope and helps publicity, even a little.

For hopefully the final time, I do enjoy a "very buggy and unplayable" (as you guys would put it) version of e+ opposed to no e+ at all. So at the very least, e+ will have at least one constant player.

kraster
kraster's picture

:thumbright: for easy, edy and all the crew from backstrage .

I may even get back if it turns to be a more stable version(not at all the reason i left, but its a reson to comeback now Big grin )

just 2 questions :

1) Who else helped at creating this version beside the easy,edy&cid(plus team), as i saw u made a topic asking for help Happy ? (curiosity)

2) Do u promise u wont leave us anymore ? Tongue At least give that source to some1 trusty, more active or more 'reachable'. Happy

Thanks again and keep on the good work

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

my linux server is full visable in browser and people can connect to them (even without 1,04)
but i cant load any conf for server.
example of error [code:1]ERROR: No such file 'default'
ERROR: No such file 'excessive5.cfg'[/code:1] that same like in CAMEL post.

anybody run with full succes linux server 1.04beta3 ?

--edit for post under my--

i read all topic. i have lowercase all charachters in folder/filenames. btw, after unpack all is ''good'', read lowercase. so i dunno why it not working.