Clanbase OpenCup Spring 2012 - QL Insta from 21. March 2012 - 20:11

104 replies [Last post]
Loxotron
Re: Clanbase OpenCup Spring 2012 - QL Insta

Anyway i hope some players will check this out and maybe bring a team to quake live. And btw human have a power to sort out the topics, so when u see the name "Clanbase Quake Live cup" you check only if interested, but seems Jeff you dont possess this imba skill Happy

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture
Loxotron wrote:

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture
JUMPS'FPS! wrote:

I must agree with Jeffer.

This should be calculated as an advertisement and cause the appropriate consequences.

Ali was removed from the stuff staff for the same advertising, which inflicted (or could inflict) damage to e+ activity. I don't know why the current mod team aren't continuing such kind of policy.

Sadly I can't be removed from the excessiveplus staff team since I voluntarily quit being a moderator in October 2007 (((

But on a serious note: what? How is it harmful to e+? It does not create any parralels to e+,, it does not encourage to abandon e+ or decrease community (in fact, read the original post, where one of the arguments is "meet new friends in QL, then bring them back to q3 (nb: excessive) ), it just offers to show a potential alternative to how cups are ran.

Both 3m/Bananaclan and mi3 played in a previous clanbase season and their presence in this cup didn't "inflict damage to e+ activity", in fact they found some good players who ended up playing e-.

All I did was give a shoutout to a cup. I'm part of Clanbase Crew of Admins & Supervisors so my general train of thought was "well the people of excessive seem to no longer be xenophobic and paranoid about playing other games, might as well copy+paste something" but guess I was wrong.

And the rule under "advertisment" is not clear, as it does not define what exactly an advertisment is, and what sort of discussions can and cannot be allowed.

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

alienM
alienM's picture

MI3 started to play QL and this days they started to "pay price" for it. Sadly, but true. They are losing members and those newcomers are started to create clans which only play qlinsta and not accept challenges in any other older e+ config (r4e09f, rr, railmania, bananarail, ...). So lets see how that look like: they come here and they are only interested to push qlinsta, so you Shady, try to say that we need to bring here more of those people? Ok, I don't mind this topic, it can be advertisement or not, I still don't care, bring them more and more and gl with it - everything have it own end - BFG and grenade have and this qlinsta have, too... Winking

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture

You speak well shady but i didnt saw any new players coming from QL here to play PlusN. The only reason came here is for Qlinsta cfg and OSRC cup. Correct me if am wrong but this is the truth. We even have our own cfgs in Railonly edition but NO they dont like them. So whats the point doing this? E+ as a mod dont earn nothing ( Reputation, respect, more new people). If i wanted to play QL i would go there.

Btw if you are Supervisor Admin etc.. in QL you make the same topic in QL for the ORSC cup or FTL 2012? To make them think to come and play here? QL dont need new players, E+ wants so if you have so much power in QL try to bring them here but i think if you do this then the QL team will kick you Big grin

Also i heard that QL soon will start using railjumps. If this is true then they copy+paste E+ because they know its something different then an simple FPS game and many people will love it if they know exists.

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

JUMPS'FPS!
fps's picture

Of course, exercising in rhetoric with slight motion between forum rules that are certainly not perfect and simple compiled by volunteers, who have no experience in this matter could be cool but not in this case.

Doesn't matter, direct links to any sites/games/mods that are similar to this one should be stopped at the root. This is not about creating an alternative and giving a simple example of system of other different cups. If this were so, then you could just bring and show a new system of cup, without reference to time and place of the meeting.

But in this case, again, this is a direct link/invintation to play the game in the third-party site. It can directly affect the game/forum activity, which ultimately leads to a decline in online. If everybody continues to shout at the each corner that we play e-, "we r lame bfg nubs", "every daddy is playing different cups and tourneys in QL and NG", the online itself will only fall, no matter how soon and at what rate.

Even bad advertising can result in completely the opposite. The more often on our forum any posts/topics will be referred to other games, mods, cups, tournaments, the sooner the online will be droped.

and p.s. Tongue

Loxotron

Milena, its nearly impossible to call people to your older cfg cause of unique features (bfg flying and etc), same was with my favorite mod on 1,32 (efreeze) cause of grappling hook, population will go down anyway no matter how will u try. Pulling all members to 1 cfg is the only way for quake to live a bit longer, because its not very interesting to play league/cup between 6-8 clans, thats why qlinsta is good at this moment, ofc after some time it will be either upgraded or changed by other mod.

The point of this topic that people can actually look on the original qlinsta and see the clanbase cup system and maybe bring something here or even upgrade it. So i really dont understand why do you afraid so much, every mod are losing players and become closer and closer to the end.

alienM
alienM's picture
Loxotron wrote:

People (e+ community) already played that configs with bfg and grenade in cups before you and ql came here and they liked it. Try to find on forums what cup were played at 2010. year and before. Maybe I am wrong, but did you just tried to say that only way that q3 (e+) survive is that we all start to feel love and plenty happiness while we play qlinsta. config? Because, if you think that I can say you 6-8 clans who would love to play here railmania or bananarail (or rr or r4e09f). And one more thing. Maybe I made railmania, but it isn't my favorite config, because I very rarely use BFG jumps and grenade I never use. My favorite is some config similar as r4e09f which I played on German Rail CTF (happiness time for me in q3 and e+), but that doesn't matter now...

LNNT FROGGY
LNx's picture

Sorry guys, but this community just reach new level of retardation. I tough it was impossible, but sadly it is. And after it you wonder why people choosing QL instead of E+? Its time to wake up, in this world e not only E+ exist. If you didn't realize even CPMA players (which is most conservative players in quake) playing in QL cups. Why? Because where you have more challenge, stronger opponents and most of all you must use brains. I understand its, hard for you people to do it, but come on. Best example of it Shady clan 13 which came from noghost. They raping every single E+ clan. And any other at least averange clan, from any other mod would rape any e+ clan at any time. And they doing it just because they do more then brainless clicking mouse buttons. They really using brains and have more experience then simple retarded, brainless games on E+. Nobody told you to leave E+, but try other things too. If you didn't realize E+ its dieing anyway. But ye, its always easier to stick in your own little sandbox and pretend that you are best, everything else sucks and so on. All other world just doesn't exist. Its easier and simpler. And thats why E+ never was and never will be in any Clanbase, ESL, jeesport or other normal league, unlike any other quake mod.

PS. FPS, all damage to this community already was done, and it was done by this community itself. Cup advertisements can only help, not wise versa.

(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny to your signature help him gain world domination.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.. [G.Orwell]

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture
alienM wrote:

They are losing members and those newcomers are started to create clans which only play qlinsta and not accept challenges in any other older e+ config (r4e09f, rr, railmania, bananarail, ...)

Those newcomers played games, made mi3 win games, and then went to bring their clans to e+. Is more clans not a good thing? And one of those "new clans" was instigated by Dadzio who comes from IU. Then he left mi3 to re-create his old IU clan. And he joined mi3 before mi3 tried QL Happy

Some of those configs are ridiculous, and e+, being a meta-mod is guilty of this. It's easier to play a similar version of a game (so everybody can adjust and know what they play) than many similar ones which feel different and are hard to adjust.

I, even when playing Banana and Railmania, thought "why is this railonly if I have grenades and BFG?"

Rayden was here wrote:

You speak well shady but i didnt saw any new players coming from QL here to play PlusN. The only reason came here is for Qlinsta cfg and OSRC cup. Correct me if am wrong but this is the truth.

I saw one player ever in the past year, one of the best CA 2v2 players (yRX) was hobo princed by me in November 2011 to play a FW with zombie vs the Yugoslavian team Big grin (screens provided here ).

And you can't really get people to come to plus... plus is this weird junction of quake nobody can feel comfortable in unless they were prepared for it by a friend and were interested... and if they had a friend show them Plus, they might be interested just to see what this was in a War. Trust me, i'm a seasoned cpm/qw/osp/ql/ut99/ut2004/urt player Happy

There is a limited way you would get anyone interested in e+ (good lucke trying to even tell a CPMer or an ex-Jedi Knight 2 or ex-RTCW2 player to even look at PlusN, but it's possible.

alienM wrote:

People (e+ community) already played that configs with bfg and grenade in cups before you and ql came here and they liked it

People (e+ community) played iu.cfg configs with their Plus clans, even in cups which were promoted both on this website and on the events.excessiveplus.net sub-domain (this website now died). Lemon was #1 clan, hyper #2, drt #3 )) (a wild link appears
Excessiveplus existed fine before you. It didn't even have a shortage of vanity-fuelled Yugoslavian attention whores: it had Ina before you (you're cute and all, but Ina was a much bigger attention whore than you can ever hope to be, sorry Sad )

LNNT FROGGY wrote:

Listen to this guy, he is an ESL admin )))

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory