Clanbase OpenCup Spring 2012 - QL Insta from 21. March 2012 - 20:11

104 replies [Last post]
ditto*ELITE'Z*
Re: Fear & Loathing in ExcessivePlus: A journey of ...

The reason I visit this forum on a daily basis is because of shit like this. Good reading I must say. Everyone has good opinions and like to enforce those opinions as if they are facts. Opinions are like ass holes cause everyone has one.Lmao!!!!!

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture

Its about time the boyfriend showed up...

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

I appreciate that you promote cups for quake in general (after all Quake > all). However I think the way you think of stuff is like some random guy from the street who doesn't see a difference or doesn't understand the diff.

Why so?

First of all you say qlinsta.cfg is same as ql. It is in fact, not, it is supposed to be on the same principle, but its faster then ql, after all you got stair sliding. Or with other words, easier physics. Or with other words people play a config which is modified in a way they like it compared to ql where you can't adjust shit.

Next thing is E+ netcode. Unlagged is the best netcode I found so far on the net compared to other games. Ql runs a better version of basic q3 netcode but you can't hit shit with a ping over 50-60 in ql. Sametime Cpma Xerp doesn't work as good either since it doesn't work proper on ping above 100 nor does it allow other stuff and is more of a good interpolation then a calculated precise netcode. (And don't say I didn't try it out, you know exactly I am a good aimer in cpma, unfortunately I dislike playing pickups.)

Third is Anticheat. Lulz? Yeah, Anticheat. In E+ we have both, PB and E+ apm, together with a central organised community which allows us kinda best anticheat working as long as it is not Esl Wire or easyanticheat (or any other good r0 ac). QL has a serius problem with that, as clanbase member you should know since QL admin Jazz was caught aimbotting in cup games. Once played a normal ictf pub game and was straight accused of being high ping botter cuz my name wasn't known to ictfpickup chan. Lovv fails.

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:

3) Unless you are some super-IBM 486 which played every beta since 1995, I doubt you played Noghost, osp, q2, nfs3,nf2,nfs, warcraft2, quake1, ultimate doom, doom2, doom, wolfenstein3d or anything else before me. It was just your pole-conscience trying to protect yourself, cos you are just a troll who couldnt play outside of e- if your life depended on it))

ehm...

starting with games like boulder dash or ballerburg ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballerburg ), over to games run on a 386 and pentium 1 (wolfenstein3d, doom1, duke3d, heretic, Shadow warrior, diablo 1, terminal velocity, galactix, raptor and quake1, nfs2 (<3 himalaya) and nfs3 (still gaming it) etc.) Up to games like dungeon keeper I, dk II, Q2, Q3, jedi knight III etc. Even played N.I.C.E and don't remember more then 50% of the games I ever played. To have played this much I must admitting playing PC games since 1997, though I got my first own pc for inet playing in 2005.

And if I would have a better ping I would play QL since it came out but since I haven't not worth trying.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
eu.jeff wrote:

Its about time the boyfriend showed up...

Excellent and well thought out argument, a true testimony to your character and mindset.

JUMPS'FPS!
fps's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
3) Unless you are some super-IBM 486 which played every beta since 1995, I doubt you played Noghost, osp, q2, nfs3,nf2,nfs, warcraft2, quake1, ultimate doom, doom2, doom, wolfenstein3d or anything else before me. It was just your pole-conscience trying to protect yourself, cos you are just a troll who couldnt play outside of e- if your life depended on it))

ehm...

starting with games like boulder dash or ballerburg ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballerburg ), over to games run on a 386 and pentium 1 (wolfenstein3d, doom1, duke3d, heretic, Shadow warrior, diablo 1, terminal velocity, galactix, raptor and quake1, nfs2 (<3 himalaya) and nfs3 (still gaming it) etc.) Up to games like dungeon keeper I, dk II, Q2, Q3, jedi knight III etc. Even played N.I.C.E and don't remember more then 50% of the games I ever played. To have played this much I must admitting playing PC games since 1997, though I got my first own pc for inet playing in 2005.

Everyone here could have a good argument and solid opinion about the whole matter, except equinox just because hes dumbfuck, but guys, why do you list all of these games as if it's your pride? It's kinda shame that you waste so much of your time on that shit lol. Even if it's so, absolutely unnecessary to point that when you are under age of 25.

METEORKID
Forum moderator Rank moderator
Meteorkid's picture

Quote:
why do you list all of these games as if it's your pride? It's kinda shame that you waste so much of your time on that shit lol. Even if it's so, absolutely unnecessary to point that when you are under age of 25.

Maybe it is pride, thier proud because they are passionate about games. It is no bad thing. Its just like saying what books your have read or tv shows you like, being passianate about what you enjoy is definatly not a waste of time and nor should you condemm him for it.

Also i think quakelive should not be advertised here in a baltent way but as long as its not imposing then it should be fine. Imposing would be it involing itself without any relation to e+.

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
METEORKID wrote:

Also i think quakelive should not be advertised here in a baltent way but as long as its not imposing then it should be fine. Imposing would be it involing itself without any relation to e+.

That seems too arbitrary to me. Where do you draw the line? Would you ask to delete a thread advertising a stream for one of the Zotac cups?

I don't understand your usage of the word "imposing" either. "Imposing" would be plastering links to the cup all over the shoutbox and forums, actively diverting the attention towards it in an aggressive manner. Posting one thread does not really fit the bill, any way you look at it, even if it would be an event completely unrelated to E+ or Quake as a whole.

You guys get way too paranoid about losing players to QL. Look around, it already happened. Those who stuck around won't leave just because someone advertised a QL event. They'll leave (as many had before) if and when they get bored of E+ and/or the E+ community, and being unnecessarily negative about something so trivial certainly wouldn't help make their minds up in favour of this place.

For the record, before it inevitably comes up, i don't play QL anymore (i barely play any online games at all), and i have no personal interest in furthering Tem's agenda or particularly care about this cup one way or the other, just wanted to point out that there's an unhealthy mist of overreaction and paranoia clouding the eyes of a few individuals in this thread.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

so to sum it up, shady is trying to spread false information while madbringer is trying to fix false information e+ players are spreading?

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

METEORKID
Forum moderator Rank moderator
Meteorkid's picture

Im not looking at this as just an event or a quake live "thing". If it was anything which did not concern e+ it should be posted in offtopic. Its like me posting im going to have a high jump contest (or anyother contest or subject) in the e+ events forum. I see quakelive as a totally unrelated thing to e+ (same for many other games). I could understand why you might link the two but well it comes down to it e+ is not quakelive.

Also one other thing. I cant speak for others but when i look at this is see this as any other off topic or spam. This i dont see as an attack on the e+ player base which tbh will die away in years to come anyways Thier is nothing that can be done about that. Being overly defensive about it will push away players and seeing as will still have players compared to alot of dead quakemods i would say your just prejudging us (apart from the odd troll).

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture