Clanbase OpenCup Spring 2012 - QL Insta from 21. March 2012 - 20:11

104 replies [Last post]
triv'
trivium's picture
Re: Fear & Loathing in ExcessivePlus: A journey of ...
eu.jeff wrote:

triv' wrote:
failmania and bananfail cfg is some fuckedup shit and not true instagib stuff or can u kill with bfg ?

but the rail in there makes you go gibs ! or am i wrong and its not an insta rail config ? Happy

well its instagib rail+bfg and grenades
but bfg and nades aint insta

rail only is rail only and not bfg and nade

playing on
[mouse]: ie 3.0
[mousepad]: corepad eyepad xxl
[keyboard]: Steelseries 6gv2
[headphones]: SteelSeries Siberia v2
[monitor]: Samsung Syncmaster 1000s 21"

ghost wrote:

its the people whos piss me of not the game, im never ever played an game on wich all is perfect to mine preferences there are always things to wich im must get used and acept them as they are no mater i like them or not i will try to understand thier mechanism and use for mine adventage

JUMPS'FPS!
fps's picture
equinox wrote:

minuses of e+ are stupid failed cfg-s and mentally deranged people on it xd

You shouldn't be so self-critical. You are just a douchebag.

andyrocket
andyrocket's picture

Shady, zachem tebe ewe lobki v ql, kotorih i tak tam predostatochno ? c:

JUMPS'FPS! wrote:
equinox wrote:
minuses of e+ are stupid failed cfg-s and mentally deranged people on it xd

You shouldn't be so self-critical. You are just a douchebag.

Yep, mostly worst people were in railonly shit cfgs. I don't say anything about r4e, that was a good one with nice guys.

"Can you see this light between us?" (c) Nikola Tesla

equinox

fps u are just a plusN random spammer, pro wannabe ,so ur word doesnt count for me

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture

Well shady i will ask you 1 thing. Why all this new players and clans came here in E+? If they have a chance to play in QL events which is more exiting and more hard for them, why they are here? I have 2 answers for this:

1) They came here to train with us because we are average players/clans in QL insta and they think we are easy target to gain more respect and ranking points so some day they will say "we enter e+ and we rape them, the noobs". As you know most of the players here play E+ cfgs and for some its hard to use to play new cfgs. Like new clans its hard to play banana or railmania cfg. But we try to play QL insta ( more brains less fun ) and they dont try to play banana ( less brains more fun ).

2) They just dont have money to give in QL to create a clan and play in the events ( even if 1 can pay and invite 3 ) and we offer them free QL cfg and play in our servers. All for free.

So my guesses is that they see free events free servers and they came here.

You also speak about something new. Personally i was CPMA player before some years but not in Net but in LAN. 2 years ago i started play again quake online and i started from ERA dm17. Railonly was the best for me and when i enter in Beer Feezer i say "wtf is going on here". I was totally useless with my rail. So i started to learn play with all weapons and try to use more buttons in the keyboard. when i started to remember my buttons when i was playing CPMA i like it so much and i left from railonle. My point is that many people here like me, test new things and new ideas for having more fun and more skill. All of the new comers now days are stuck into QL insta, nothing more - nothing less. So they are the stone brains and they follow only 1 path. I speak about me and some guys around here because we also have those guys who they are stuck in 1 path.

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

equinox

@rayden : Don't u agree with me that if u are stuck with one thing ,its bigger possibilities to master that one thing / to be above the average, and in other case when u do several things u will be just average or even below it in each of them?
Ye, i assume that you will say now , that people in clans are here to have fun, don't care about the win bla bla bla... well thats a big LIE. Why would u create a clan in the first place if u don't expect to win games? Everyone who says that their clan is here for fun only is a lier ,and we know that for fun people create teams to play with friends here on this community.

NanamoOOon

Honestly I have nothing against you keeping us inform about a cup in QL, it's the same for me as people who talk about their last mind-blowing games. It 's even great to have some news from time to time about what's happening in the rest of the game world.

I am just annoyed by the e- narrow-minded retards, in advance sorry for the off-topic:
Since I have joined a railonly clan, as a perfect example of an e- narrow-minded retard, I have played 4 wars: 1 rr, 1railmania and 2 qlinsta. I'm curious to know the percentage for open-minded players coming from QL (I'm not even talking about playing plus.cfg). I know a lot of people who went from e+ to whole QL when I know none in the reverse (playing qlinsta here is playing ql after all)
So I presume e+ is a lame mod, and ql players are doing their missionary work by trying to save our souls from idiocy and so revealing and converting us to the true faith.
If not, then I really dont get why QL players come here and play only qlinsta.cfg. If they are only interested in this config and have no interest in whole e+, what are they looking for here? Don't they have all they need/want there: perfect game, players connected all day long, great community, a lot of events/cups and so on?
In the same way, if I mostly or only wanted to play QL I would go to QL without hesitation, but since I enjoy to play it only sometimes it's great that I can do it here. I would never go to QL to make its community playing plus and whine/insult them cause they don't accept one of my ways of seeing quake.
So last but not least: even if I don't understand your expectations, I don't spit on your game so please don't denigrate mine, especially when you are in its forum.

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture

@ equinox
hahah you are wrong. At least for me and my clan. You speak now with the man that he lost over 200 games (fws, cws, 1v1) check in Ranking section for proofs. And guess what, I am still here and i enjoy my favorite game with my friends.

If i remember correct you also create a clan called CKY or something but when you lost 2 or 3 games you closed the clan. Hoe shame you couldnt won because this is exactly you want and many people here. Should i do the same 2 years ago when RSQT opened? No i am still here to have FUN. Personally i dont care win/loss and mu proofs is on the ranking section. Also i had the chance to play in FINALS in the CTF cup but NO. Who cares if we get 1st or 2nd or 3rd. At least i dont care. Happy

So go found some one else to speak with or master your skill beyond average.

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Haha.

eu.jeff wrote:

I hope epsi or other admin will remove this retarded
topic about QL because its fucking E+

Many people here play QL.

eu.jeff wrote:

obviouse thats not the point here, QLinsta is made for
e+, QL itself is not made for e+ so its not considered as e+ related in
my book Happy

Many people here play QL. Interchangeability.

eu.jeff wrote:

I remember ali was making topics as forum admin for
another place then E+ itself, he got kicked from admin team Happy

Ali was promoting an alternative website to this one. Shady is promoting a cup, held on a different, but related platform. Your comparison makes no sense. Many people here play QL.

eu.jeff wrote:

2.) i have freedom of speech
3.) intelligence for
notecing this is E+ and not QL makes you fail to understand the
difference although you tell it yourself Happy

There is no freedom of speech on moderated, privately owned forums. E+ is not QL, but many people here play QL.

eu.jeff wrote:

Not a bad idea, but we grow tired of fire and we try to
drown it in river atm. you should know that feeling Happy

If you are "tired of fire", you should put away the kindling.

eu.jeff wrote:

the
point is just, ITS QL and we are in E+ forum.. seek the difference, i
know you can do it cuz you said so in your second previous post
Kiss

E+ is not QL, but many people here play QL.

JUMPS'FPS! wrote:

This should be calculated as an advertisement and cause the appropriate consequences.

Ali
was removed from the stuff for the same advertising, which inflicted
(or could inflict) damage to e+ activity. I don't know why the current
mod team aren't continuing such kind of policy.

The forum rule regarding advertisements was put in place with commercial projects in mind (i should know, i wrote the damn thing). Drawing parallels between what Ali did and what Shady is doing makes no sense. Two completely different things. For one, Ali's little website was designed to steal E+.net's userbase. Shady just wants to give people a nice, alternative way to play basically the same game in a slightly different environment.

Thinking that one QL cup advertised here can damage the player activity of E+ in any meaningful way assumes there is any player activity on E+ to speak of in the first place. Personally, i don't think there is any potential for harm here, mainly because, one, everyone here knows about the existence of QL already, and those interested made up their mind which is better and why beforehand, and two, they are interchangable. Many people here play QL.

Rayden was here wrote:

If i wanted to play QL i would go there.

Then don't. It's very simple, either you're interested or not. That's the point of advertising something, to probe the people and see if they're interested in what you have to offer.

JUMPS'FPS! wrote:

Doesn't matter, direct links to any sites/games/mods that
are similar to this one should be stopped at the root. This is not about
creating an alternative and giving a simple example of system of other
different cups. If this were so, then you could just bring and show a
new system of cup, without reference to time and place of the meeting.

But
in this case, again, this is a direct link/invintation to play the game
in the third-party site. It can directly affect the game/forum
activity, which ultimately leads to a decline in online. If everybody
continues to shout at the each corner that we play e-, "we r lame bfg
nubs", "every daddy is playing different cups and tourneys in QL and
NG", the online itself will only fall, no matter how soon and at what
rate.

Even bad advertising can result in completely the opposite.
The more often on our forum any posts/topics will be referred to other
games, mods, cups, tournaments, the sooner the online will be droped.

I find this to be in extremely bad taste, coming from a veteran E+ player. Let me give you something to think about: where would E+ be if every other Quake related community blocked it's advertisement and halted the trickling of their players to this mod? People came to E+ from all over, from every single Quake game and Quake mod (and even from beyond) that you can think of. This project would be stillborn if that'd happen. Also, many people here play QL. The potential for any further harm is zero.

eu.jeff wrote:

It is those who keep it E+ and let it NOT evolve into
QLfail mod Happy if you want to play QL, great go there and post in QL
forum... this is NOT QL its a Quake 3 arena modefication called E+ Happy

This is still a Quake related community. Your xenophobic attitude can cause more damage to it than any QL cup ever possibly could.

alienM wrote:

Truth is that newcomer clans are so unopened for others configs which e+ had before they come.

E+ was always segregated into cliques and mini-communities centered around different configs, that's not only true for newcomers. The only reason this is an issue now is because the playerbase has shrinked so much over the years. This is nothing new, you're just recycling common knowledge and using it out of context to reinforce a silly point.

animalchik wrote:

No idea why u always need to end up in ragefucking
yours own brain and throwing insults and provotactions all around u, u
could keep calm all the way and finally realize there always going to be
people that are against something and learn to ignore but seems any
flame wars are to attractive to u to not make one when there is
possibility for it, and not spit at everyone when something ain't going
the way u want even on those who was actually interested.

Read the thread from the very beginning, your assumptions as to who caused this shitty debate and for what purpose are false.

Haha.

equinox

madginger won this one Big grin