[Closed] 1.04 whine

51 replies [Last post]
joey
NecrogeddoN wrote:

joey wrote:
1.03 and 1.04 are different, but different does not mean problem or bad.

That's how I feel too, and I think the main problem we're having is more config-related than mod-related.

joey wrote:

Movement in 1.03 was Good and free, Movement in RC1a is good and free, I've never had a problem with Grenade and BFG jumps in RC1, however in 1.03 the knockback bug ALWAYS come along, more-so at the end of 1.03's reign. Reinforcing your later comments, in 1.04 I've never had a BFG not work or not get me where I wanted (more-so config based.) Grenade jumps aren't as effective however they always take me in the intended direction (again, a config thing.)

On the other hand the movement is very different, comparing xp_physics 2 in 1.03 Plus.cfg to the new xp_physics settings in 1.04 PlusN.cfg and PlusC.cfg is a lot like comparing the difference between CPMA or Warsow physics to VQ3 physics. 1.04 on both main Plus-named configs feels much more like VQ3 across most configs, whereas the "promode-like" settings of 1.03 Plus.cfg (xp_physics 2) feels more spot-on, precise and playable.

I think if you use grendes and BFG as your primary method of determining "what is Q3 physics?" you are not quite qualified to assess the difference between old physics and new physics. If circle-jumps, strafe-jumps and double-beat strafing are part of your regular repertoire, however, you can definitely compare and feel a difference. The main exception to this seems to be Mow, who is an inhuman fragging machine and cannot be counted Big grin

I play in both movement styles, i just prefer nades and bfgs more, i have assessed the physics and they are not bothersome at all. Yes, different is the key word, but again, different is not bad. And of course, the old physics are still there, go make a config incorporating them if you wish.

mow Q [EN]

I just remember how big the yelling was, when 1.03 were released. Skull shouted about the netcode is much worse than in 1.02b. In addition, many complained that 1.03 lags much more than 1.02b. Now all the negative thing is supposed to be suddenly positive from 1.03? This thread is subjective very much.

Since 1.03 is not really past, i remember very good about tons of strange shots from myself, i did hit people with rail which I did not even have in my crosshair, they just moved along. In 1.04 i had not 1 of this shots, yet. And now to be as subjective as all others here, i claim i became better in 1.04. My acc on beer stats raised from 24 to nearly 30 now. Imagine how you must improve to make such a change in 2 weeks if u have already 700 games or more registered in the stats. Yes, i have often an acc 40+ (kk, somtimes even under 30).

But to get more serios now again, i really have the feeling now, i hit what i have in crosshair, no matter if i play on high- or normal ping. Even mircwar, the main-subjective in this thread posted somewhere, that the aiming became much more precise now in 1.04.

How serios can be skullhead taken? Well, you can clearly see when he gets out of arguments, he starts repeating hisself, posting the same over pages or he simply says he gets tyred of argueing.

Now about movement. I often hear about myself, especially on maps i know very good, like dm7, how good i move. It is not, that always all moves are working, as they are supposed to, but my claim is, more than 90 % of my moves work as they should. My claim is, my movement is for me, what for skull is his aim. Many of my kills are from fast-in moving, people camping somewhere, i slide in and kill people from behind, this are the most satisfying frags for me, beside cleaning ra in dm7 from 4 campers at RA, which makes me nearly an orgasm! Happy

Additionally, the new (old) switchtime of plusN makes me wish, that i never must play again 1.03 in any case.

Finally, i DO NOT SAY, that there is nothing to improve in 1.04, but if u "FEEDBACK" something, do it atleast "OBJECTIVE" and not so "SUBJECTIVE" as in here. Hope u got my more or less ironic post.

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Well, at least Mirc is self-aware enough to realize he is whining. Happy

AoQ | SIMPS
Simpson's picture

hm, i think as one of the most moveing players in e+ i can say something to the movement. (ok maybe not the most, but i move quite much, maybe to much... Big grin )

personally i dont really feel a change. for me bfg and nades still work as they worked in 1.03 and i can still move fast around the map. i really dont feel any difference.

the aiming feels also a bit stange for me, but that might be because i was so long i.a., so i really cant say its 1.04, addicionally i was never a real good railer so its not my part.

the only thinks that really annoy me with 1.04 are CONFIG issues and not from the mod itself.

Phenom II X2 550 BE @ X4 @ 4x3.1Ghz 1.35v (Unlocked to Quad)
4GB DDR2 800 CL4
Sapphire HD6850 @930/1150Mhz

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
1.04 whine
mow Q [EN] wrote:

My claim is, my movement is for me, what for skull is his aim. Many of my kills are from fast-in moving, people camping somewhere, i slide in and kill people from behind, this are the most satisfying frags for me, beside cleaning ra in dm7 from 4 campers at RA, which makes me nearly an orgasm! Happy

i do move well, but i rather try shooting the campers around the corner rather then sliding in, if i manage too, its like, hah, 4 campers down by simple attacking.
so yea, ur comparison does work.
and im using the same arguments because i dont think the one who im argumenting with does disprove my one.

ps: i cant find the post about the netcode whine, i think it was switchcode related.
pps: never talk about how serius can 'Skullhead' be taken, rather then how good the argument is, because that a band is called nirvana doesnt mean it does good music.

i basically feel like rail being a bit off to the left. (the hit, not the trail)

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

Leito
-Leito-'s picture

For me everything is really nice Happy and i feel more better and comfortable on 1.04. Now i can't imagine that i could back to 1.03. Thank You Winking
Only one thing is strange or different but don't care about it so much, just my feedback Happy
Rail through the walls as Mircwar showed on screens and thesse frags.

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
1.04 whine

hopp

guess i owe you an apology beast. Been testing like a madman in between breaks Big grin The feeling is pretty much allright, and certainly playable. Moved my monitor back and messed around with my setup a bit. Can't still get a "feel" for those long range twitch shots but I guess I can compensate for that with lowering fov.

it's not half as bad as i made it sound and a majority of the problems i guess lie with me. (been testing on beer with the air thing removed).

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture

please change plusN and/or plusC to be more 1.03 movement alike!!
thank you!!

i liked old grenade jump movements from 03 & the same for e5r.cfg /e5

&btw tx for this thread!! finaly someone seen and posted
________
epsislow

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
1.04 whine

Some more movement related complaining, bfg jumps give you a choppy feel (disorienting you). Like fps lag. Short demo to demonstrate what I mean. On the second jump it's more visible.

http://tejpbit.net:81/upload/upload/chopchop.dm_68

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
1.04 whine

Relating to my previous post, it seems bfg jumps in 1.04 are much faster initially and then sharply drop in speed. Is this causing the "chopping" effect? In 1.03 the speed was more constant. I compared it on a jump on dm11 in both 1.03 & 1.04.

Initial speed is 4700 UPS which sharply drops to 1564 UPS in 1.04

Initial speed is 3333 UPS which drops to 2220 UPS in 1.03.

This was tried on plusN with all default settings.