bfg -> weaker pls, smaller splash
lg -> splash is good but direct stronger pls
rail -> lil bit stronger Smug

+ I hate how enemy looks like when he picks up quad + battlesuit,
it looks like he's frozen, confuses me all the time Sad

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

About bfg, i think the main factor why it is overpowered is because direct grenade damage is so high, imo you should leave it as no plus.cfg, 80. That way its power gets decreased by its randomness. It has absolutely NO relation with xp_improvePrediction, i can guarantee that.

Edit: Btw a little update for PTL gametype, please raise StartHealth and StartArmor to 600, leader gets killed too easily as it is now xD.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
lagstard wrote:

About bfg, i think the main factor why it is overpowered is because direct grenade damage is so high, imo you should leave it as no plus.cfg, 80. That way its power gets decreased by its randomness. It has absolutely NO relation with xp_improvePrediction, i can guarantee that.

I thought the same at the beginning, now I think it is more related with radius of the grenades splashes;

how it was calculated in 1.02b or 1.03?

now we have 2 separated ranges for grenades and for bfg main projectile, I have reduced grenade radius, but this have also side effect -the bfg jumps need to be more precise now

and I always thought in 1.03 bfg projectiles settings was taken from grenade launcher settings;
I am right? if that so then current settings are good

I am addicted to life.

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture
animalchik wrote:

now we have 2 separated ranges for grenades and for bfg main projectile, I have reduced grenade radius, but this have also side effect -the bfg jumps need to be more precise now

well, this sounds more like a positive side effect to me

@terror's post: yes, bs+quad people look like frozen, its very confusing... in the past i already was confused by quad only but now.. Big grin
plus i agree with all of ur points terror, except maybe the battlesuit one.
as fala posted: "while i thought that 30sec of fine protection should motivate the person to move and seek for troubles"
if i get battlesuit i do exactly what he said. i start running right into all enemies i can find (i kinda make the situation fair by being able to frag easily and being confronted with 2+ enemies at once, i think thats how it should be)

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
animalchik wrote:

lagstard wrote:

I thought the same at the beginning, now I think it is more related with radius of the grenades splashes;

how it was calculated in 1.02b or 1.03?

and I always thought in 1.03 bfg projectiles settings was taken from grenade launcher settings;
I am right? if that so then current settings are good

Nop they were not, they were taken from bfg settings, as i commented on plusbeta.cfg. Btw, about the radius of the grenades, please dont do it below 70 which is the plus value.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

animalchik
fala.q3's picture

thanks for the tips guys

Probably tomorow new release with many tweaks and fixes, and houpfully this time bfg will suit u guys because it will going to be preaty near to the bro-cfg

As many complained about BS, now BS won't save enemy from death, it works familiar to MH+ARMOR now. Tommorow more explenations about coming release.

I am addicted to life.

animalchik
fala.q3's picture

UPDATE DOWNLOAD HERE, or in first post

2.14 :
[code:1]
- change – knockbacks - almost all weapons knockbacks and splash knockbacks was rebuild, some tweaks to make better feel, since in old 1.02b knockbacks was seriously overpowered, almost all of them was drastically reduced in first plusN.cfg. Now some weapons have more self knockback and most of them less or slightly more direct knockback, we will see how people will judge the changes.

- change – switchtimes – due to rapports that the new switch system introduced in 1.04rc1a, changes a lot all power-type weapons switches are increased by 50ms, yes this time u will feel the change because this time it is not a tiny step as before (10ms)

- change – ammo amount :
• all classified as spam-type weapons (BFG, RL, GL) now have only 5 ammo rounds
• all mg-type weapons (MG, LG, PG) now have ammo that allows a constant fire by 10sec
• direct-type weapons (RG, SG) now have ammo that allows a constant fire by 10sec

- new feature – xp_antySpamTime – allows server admins decrease or increase tempo of ammo regeneration, value in "ms", for all weapons. This is calculated different for 3 groups of weapons, default value is 0ms (means cycle = regeneration) :
• exact value taken in case of (BFG, RL, GL)
• multiplied by 0.?? in case of (MG, LG, PG)
• a combination of multipliers in case of (RG, SG) regarding on positive or negative value of xp_antySpamTime
• if u want to have more protection against spammers set a number in ms eg(xp_antySpamTime "200")
• if u like spam set negative number eg(xp_antySpamTime "-200")

- change – ammo regeneration – all weapons now have exact values regarding their fire rate (cycle), holding mouse1 key will cause out of ammo in a period of 10sec, or way sooner in case of (BFG, RL, GL)

- change – MG :
• direct knockback – 30 -> 15
- change – SG :
• direct knockback – 500 -> 120
• bullet spread – 800 -> 700
• trials removed
• more tiny bullets are generated (20)
- change – GL :
• direct knockback – 200 -> 180
• splash knockback – 200 -> 180
- change – RL :
• direct knockback – 150 -> 140
• splash knockback – 150 -> 140
• self knockback – 150 -> 160
• splash damage – 270 -> 300
- change – PG :
• direct knockback – 60 -> 45
• splash knockback – 60 -> 45
• self knockback – 100 -> 45
- change – LG :
• direct damage – 33 -> 35
• direct knockback – 33 -> 16
• splash knockback - -10 -> -16 (will slightly slow down people)
• self knockback – 60 -> 50
• radius – 100 -> 85
- change – RG :
• direct knockback -110 -> 120
• self knockback – 110 -> 140
- change – BFG :
• grenades direct damage – 200 -> 80
• grenades splash damage 200 -> 300
• grenades splash knockback – 200 -> 180
• grenades direct knockback – 200 -> 180
• radius – 80 -> 70

- change – BS - protection is seriously decreased to 0.5, it means that if someone got only 300health and BS will die anyway, to protect yourself from death u need to have at least 2 powerups, no matter what kind of powerups they are. Note that BS is still strong because it gives full protection against non direct damage.

- change – BFG – like almost all changes in this release BFG was corrected to the bro-cfg / plus-cfg values with some tweaks, BFG damage should be exactly the same as it is in these configs.

- change – in xp_freezeStyle modes where players lose health on arena, the health drop temp of health that is below 300hp is decreased by half, from 1/4sec per 1hp to 1/2sec per 1hp loss

- change – PTL – right with beast suggestion there is added code what he suggested, we would gladly heard any feedback about it, because we still need to learn some things about the PTL game type, any suggestions are priceless.
[/code:1]
_______________________________________ update 14:12 22.10.2009

I am addicted to life.

^[Evil]Monkey

interesting!

Leito
-Leito-'s picture

Flexible amount ammo is great as whole flexible PlusN Winking

*ZMB*SEEBZ*
Seebz's picture

Interesting, wish to see it in action soon.