[MRS.]MONA
Mona's picture
plusN.cfg | current -> 2.2
*ZMB*INSANEKID* wrote:

i cannot switch weapons with that new CONF.-
the weapon doesnt change,
and then i stand there defenceless:
fragbait for everyone!- its shit! Confused

Kid you always complain about new updates . Beer server was about to change to the new cfg and you was playing on server.
Laktos said we update after this map. I guess you didn't se when he wrote that. You started to complain..oh! this 2.14 is even worse then 2.13 ..you found alot of problems. The funny thing is we hadn't change it yet ..it was still 2.13....So is it realy that bad ?

*ZMB*INSANEKID*
InsaneKid's picture

i dont know, what game u play;
but there are other ppl experiencin troubles too!

mow Q [EN]

Well, it is a matter of view, if it is trouble or not. People who played already in 1.02b don't feel it as trouble in most cases. What mona said is, u moaned on server already about 2.14 even that 2.13 was still in use, yet. I really like the new switchtime, for me it was just 1 or 2 maps to get used to it, and since i am also a 1.02b fan, this new (old) switchtime is really welcome for me.

I remember a moment with rage (the guy from ank and earlier from DA), when he said this switchtime is too slow. Than i told him it is 1.02b alike, than he said 1.02b was faster, but actually 1.02b is a bit slower. (Told him to try 1.02b again, than he will see).

Again, i really welcome this new (old) switchtime.

Kid, i really suggest u try things more, before u go moan public, others give u also the same try with ur new maps, even the "light" sucks on all ur maps (my personal oppinion, actually i like most of ur maps, just not the light).

If u wanna make a totally new config, nobody stops you, this is the point of Excessive Plus.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture

switchtime in this config is fine for all players who greatly demonstrated against the powerups mow Winking

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

switchtime in this config is fine for all players who greatly demonstrated against the powerups mow Winking

speaking of powerups.. i really like the powerup idea, but i also almost forgot how the gameplay was without them.
maybe it would be good to create a PlusN 'lite' version without any powerup and try it out (maybe on a public server or on fw's) for some time.
in the end we could see which version fits the majority of the players better or maybe even introduce a dual cfg system (like e5, e5r u know what i mean) in plus.

NecrogeddoN
necrogeddon's picture
RIX!·SOUL· wrote:

speaking of powerups.. i really like the powerup idea, but i also almost forgot how the gameplay was without them.
maybe it would be good to create a PlusN 'lite' version without any powerup and try it out (maybe on a public server or on fw's) for some time.
in the end we could see which version fits the majority of the players better or maybe even introduce a dual cfg system (like e5, e5r u know what i mean) in plus.

Bah just play it the way it is, that's the best way to get used to it. Take powerups and make it a temp/lite config and people will whine/bitch even more when you try to get them to play with the powerups again.

I don't get why people have such a difficult time with this - IT'S QUAKE! If you aren't collecting items to improve your chance of survival, what is the purpose of moving at all? To keep anti-camp from killing you. If that's the only reason you're moving then what the hell is the purpose/skill in movement, map control, etc.?

• NVidia GeForce 8400GS

• Logitech MX510

• Hyperglide Teflon Skates

• Steelpad QcK+

• iHome IH-K200MB

• SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

• Logitech Precision Gaming Headphones

• Insignia 32" HDTV

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
NecrogeddoN wrote:

map control

especially in 1on1, map control is gained by moving.

ever tried out cpm tdm? know how frustrating it is for ur teammates if u are new to the game and ruin their team because u got no teamplay whatsoever?
u wait for an item for xx seconds and as soon as u have it, u go out of the room getting fragged by an enemy just because his team has the map control and therefor the important items.

if there is something we could start with considering items then its collecting ammunition, not armory.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

*ZMB*INSANEKID*
InsaneKid's picture

i havent played and tested that conf only that 1
"mysterious" time, when they said, the new CONF was on,
but it wasnt ...if it wasnt!

at least i can say, i definetly played it!-
and it has issues!
and other ppl think the same.

and as i said:
many ppl dont even know that thers a new version,
those will not post any suggestions here ...

Edit:
you are mutilatin the whole game,
if u cling to 1! conf, that is takin out important features
like PowerUps, DestroyableMissles, DropPowerUp and so on ...

You can simulate or create new gametypes with these CONFs!-
The configures and the admins should sit together sometimes
and think about that!

[MRS.]MONA
Mona's picture
*ZMB*INSANEKID* wrote:

i dont know, what game u play;
but there are other ppl experiencin troubles too!

Kid the reson i wrote the erlier post is...you thought we changed cfg on server You said they reduced LG-power ,it feels weak and PG should shoot a bit faster...and so on...so even if it had been the new one,it was to erlie to whine about how bad it was... you didn't even give the new a chance. Some of us admins often talk to fala on mr irc . We try the new update a while and then we tell him what we think feels wrong.

Yes many other have problems too,not only you ..maybe they give it a chance maybe they try to get uesd to the new...thats why they don't whine yet..

I am sure you will get used to the new too if you play for a while Winking

[MR.]RIDDLER
RIX!·SOUL· wrote:

animalchik wrote:

- xp_freezeStyle 0 / 1 / 2 / 3
- 0 - players won't freeze on arena
- 1 - players going to freeze because there is cold and they are forced to seek for health (default)
- 2 - players won't freeze on arena, there is no items on arena at all
- 3 - players going to freeze because there is cold and they are forced to seek for health, there is only health on the map