plusN.cfg | 2.4

328 replies [Last post]
Leito
-Leito-'s picture
NecrogeddoN wrote:

IT'S QUAKE! If you aren't collecting items to improve your chance of survival, what is the purpose of moving at all? To keep anti-camp from killing you. If that's the only reason you're moving then what the hell is the purpose/skill in movement, map control, etc.?

Yeah it's Quake Happy but here is Excessive Plus Winking

As i said before, point of this mod in my opinion and that's why i play here...is speed. Here you are better when you FASTER not STRONGER Happy
Many peoples don't use even in 60 % possibilities of bfg, rocket and nades. They prefear runaway and then spam entries or waiting for incoming enemy. They move only becaue as Necro said - anti camp Worried Open fight is something what they wery scare or they like just easiest way to frag.
Even clans...one camp and second want conquer a room, but what if red and blue will camp?? I've met it many times Worried (remember one important game where after about 10 min score was 10- 4?). Team play?...if we will loose this room let's camp asap in second and till end same. Ok this team play rox but where is fun? It's natural that camp, spam and waiting is part of the game, but please don't overcamp overspamm and if we have so many possibilities (talking about moving)and we don't use it as much as we can or if we camp, if we spamm - is it that ethical?

If people would play...yeah...PLAY (play - moving, not play - waiting, spam, camp?) we wouldn't have so much problems. It's not cfg's fault that people aren't ^PLAY^ only our.

This cfg has so much advantages but biggest is that is really flexible, example - we can play without any powerups, than after some seconds with good powerups (and will be better). I don't like powerups and for me is better playing without it...but i can find some fun with it.

I would be happy if instant mg, lg, plasma switch wouldn't be instant Winking only very very fast Big grinLaughing out loud

Cheers
I love this game Big grin

NecrogeddoN
necrogeddon's picture

I think what the Plus-side of E+ is looking towards now is more of a balance between Excessive-style gameplay and classic-style strategy because if you eliminate the need for skills such as movement, tactics and thinking about how you play, there is no advantage to building skills at all. Such games can happen when certain weapons are too powerful, or switch times are so fast that a missed rail shot has no consequence because you can switch to another powerful weapon right away and shoot (getting a kill because it's an overpowered BFG, for example).

For the "original" Excessive game-style I would say play e5.cfg and leave it at that, but Plus was an evolution from a completely different idea (and a bug). It still has Excessive-style movement, but the skills needed for this config type should be totally different from e5, e5r, e6, etc. With PlusN being the newest in a long line of Bro-like cfgs I say we should develop its potential more instead of saying "look how good 1.02b was!" and whining about powerups, armor, health collection, etc. The option for health/armor/powerups was there in 1.02b too, it's just that most config makers didn't use it Winking

For those who like what they think of as "Real Excessive" style, there's e5.cfg. Or you can make your own and see how people react to it. I think PlusN has the potential to be a much more demanding config, however, that requires more than fast-switch-spam at doorways and gigantic BFG explosions that kill by luck. And that includes red armor + megahealth protecting you against a railgun shot. PlusN gamestyle shows the possibility of being more demanding, as baseq3 style in tactics, but with the trademarks of Excessive style gameplay such as nearly-unlimited ammo, unique weapon movement (BFG slides!) and the flexibility of being able to customize just about every aspect of the game...

• NVidia GeForce 8400GS

• Logitech MX510

• Hyperglide Teflon Skates

• Steelpad QcK+

• iHome IH-K200MB

• SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

• Logitech Precision Gaming Headphones

• Insignia 32" HDTV

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Matt, i want your babies. :oops:

QF the fucking T

NecrogeddoN
necrogeddon's picture
madbringer wrote:

Matt, i want your babies. :oops:

QF the fucking T

Because of my Quantum Field Theory? :oops:

Thanks for agreement, I think the more people discuss the possibilities and capabilities of E+ the better we can make the mod. So there's no more whining about this feature on that cfg, or that feature on this cfg. This topic could be one of the most useful topics created in quite some time.

• NVidia GeForce 8400GS

• Logitech MX510

• Hyperglide Teflon Skates

• Steelpad QcK+

• iHome IH-K200MB

• SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

• Logitech Precision Gaming Headphones

• Insignia 32" HDTV

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Haha, not quite.

QFT = Quoted For Truth

of course, i did not really quote you, but i still want your babies Chatterbox

Oh damn now i saw your edit. Damn you, alcohol!

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
plusN.cfg | current -> 2.2

Grenade jumps seem impossible, if it's me being to noobish i would like for someone to show me a demo where they run through a map, say dm7 or overkill in a fast uninterrupted pace.

Uneven teams now are devastating, you have no chance saving a game by yourself anymore - if you get swarmed while being last alive you are done for. First rail bounces off, SG seems to do no effect either (im not sure if it's the increased spread or what). So where in 1.03 you had taken out 2 people in the matter of a second, you are now standing with your pants down saying "Hi guys Laughing " before you get blasted to pieces. And frankly if i want to be raped like that i go play QL.

Overall gameplay feeling is so-so, im not sure if its the improved prediciton stuff that for some reason is deemed as essential. Personally I always hated the feeling CG_smoothclients gave.

I've had 2 fun public games after 1.04, both on Aim.

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

Grenade jumps seem impossible, if it's me being to noobish i would like for someone to show me a demo where they run through a map, say dm7 or overkill in a fast uninterrupted pace.

demo with GL or bunny jumping only? :]

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

(im not sure if it's the increased spread or what).

spread was actually reduced in last plusN.cfg to the previous value, the main change is SG generates 2x more impact-projectiles, and it should be stronger now because summary damage is biger than the prev one had

maybe I did wrong calculations, what was the projectile count in the default SG ?

I am addicted to life.

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
plusN.cfg | current -> 2.2

with GL and abit bfg if possible : ) promise i'll stop whining afterwards.

mow Q [EN]

mircwar, i make u the demo nade and bfg only, its my parademap beside dm6 for moving in freeze Big grin

mow Q [EN]

149 against the clock and 156 with the clock (with the clock i am not very used to).

For me the movement feels the same, or not much different to move for me in 1.04.