plusN.cfg | 2.4

328 replies [Last post]
drill@quakelive

PlusN finished like kinda move cfg and saying *moving and collecting items rewards people* is nonsens.

collecting items rewards people
- on public games where you have full server of players, these boost doesnt help you at all, and u can have collected all armories. Many times you are dead before you collect something.

- yesterday i had chance to see how quad/bs is strong, if you have all armories enemy with quad/bs can kill you very easily. and im not talking about fresh respawned player who trying to collect something.

moving
- i didnt notice that players in fws/cws move more like before, it is reversed or will be. Securing/camping on quad/bs areas will be preferred due very high attack power what they can get there.

maybe im too critic, but i have feeling real skills going down and somehow stuffs are preferred.

PS.: Noone in game calculating how much armor he need to survive enemy with mega health or BS.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
plusN.cfg | current -> 2.2

as example game vs da on dm7.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture

Hi Fala.

I have a few comments on the latest PlusN.cfg

1) I think MNC reminded me, that the QUAD is still too powerful.
2) BFG splash is still way too powerful. (kills 1-2 seconds later from splash)
3) Try playing 7 vs 7 on a public server - it's become 1 huge spam fest (i dont even think the old plus was this spammy?) - maybe i forgot. But the weapon switching system is so so so fast that switching + spam wins over careful aiming.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

NecrogeddoN
necrogeddon's picture
UnknownUser807 wrote:

Hi Fala.

I have a few comments on the latest PlusN.cfg

1) I think MNC reminded me, that the QUAD is still too powerful.
2) BFG splash is still way too powerful. (kills 1-2 seconds later from splash)
3) Try playing 7 vs 7 on a public server - it's become 1 huge spam fest (i dont even think the old plus was this spammy?) - maybe i forgot. But the weapon switching system is so so so fast that switching + spam wins over careful aiming.

YES

YES

YES

F1

Switchtime = too damn fast, what is up with that? BFG splash damage is insane also, even with armor a luck-shot around a corner can kill you. And what's going on with the physics? It seems... mushy. Lately. Were the promode-emulation physics done away with? Thinking

• NVidia GeForce 8400GS

• Logitech MX510

• Hyperglide Teflon Skates

• Steelpad QcK+

• iHome IH-K200MB

• SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

• Logitech Precision Gaming Headphones

• Insignia 32" HDTV

xDD LoL AndyRocket)))
n1xin's picture

Yea, plasma+bfg is in a way faster than any switch on e5 Crying
And green armor is too puwerfull , imo its should be around 15 than 45. BS must be a bit weaker than it is. Winking

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

Hello fala, would you mind adding this piece of code to plusN so it can take advantage of new ptl gametype features? Its on the gametype switch section near the end of plusN.cfg file.

[code:1]
case GT_PTL:
include( "N.tag.cfg" );

// uncomment this if you want intermission warmup between rounds
//$roundlimit = 25;
Round -> Warmup Respawn = no;

Regen Factors {
Soft Health = 30;
Hard Health = 20;
Soft Armor = 15;
Hard Armor = 10;
}

Protect The Leader {
Start Health = 300;
Start Armor = 300;
Start Armor Quality = IT_ARMOR_JACKET;
Start Weapon = WP_RAILGUN;
Start Weapons = WP_GAUNTLET | WP_RAILGUN;
Start Powerups = PW_REGEN;

// Scores
Kill Leader = 4;
Defend Leader = 1;
Assist Kill Leader = 1;

// Score on leader suicide/teamkill
Leader Suicide Score = yes;
}
break;[/code:1]

Also, i have a suggestion for you with powerups. It seems the main bitching reason for people is battlesuit, so i have a couple of conservative ideas that might work:

1. Modify it so it does not absorb 100 % of the splash damage.
2. Tweak the timing and placing. For example, in q3dm7 is terribly placed, rl room was used a lot for camping on plus.cfg and now with bs spawning there (also the fact that that room has several items and ya too) camping in that map is bad, maybe worse than before.
4. Try replacing it on some maps with regen powerup, i think that powerup could be a good alternative if tweaked correctly.
5. Increase railgun knockback. Right now rg knockback is pretty low, so if is increased even after surviving a rail shot you would be placed in an difficult position if you are hit with a railgun.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
plusN.cfg | current -> 2.2

rather the quad, u have full armor (300) enemy comes along and shotguns u on greater distance.

edit: quadfactor 2 would be nice, it would kill if u got full hp and full armor, but being less of a bish to play against.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

animalchik
fala.q3's picture

- I'll add that Beast

- BS was meant to protect from the random spam situations (when one of the teams spam the door, so id like to keep splash protection in it) at this point I'm thinking of disabling it completely, because some people saw that it lead to camping, while i thought that 30sec of fine protection should motivate the person to move and seek for troubles, this time the direct protection going to be decreased

and i never will understand why people whine so much about it, because if someone have BS he will lose 200hp after the rail and is easy target to finish by SG, LG, MG, PG. The case where BS starting to be actually powerful is when someone have armor+BS because:
2/3 resistance | 2/3 resistance

health 300 / 600 armor
health 100 / 0 armor , after first shot

health 300 / BS
health 100 / BS , after first shot

and now

health 300 / 300 armor / - 2/3 600 dmg = 200dmg
BS reduces, rail shot to 200dmg, then armor reduces it again to 67dmg, so the enemy loosed after first shot only 67 health and whole armor

- now enemy have 233 / 0 / - 2/3 damage
- after second hit from rail enemy will have 33 health

so there is no possibility to survive 3th rail shot, unless someone got

not 300 health but 468 ! then he is capable of surviving 3 rail shot
with: 468/600/BS person can survive 3th rail shot
(health/armor/BS)
collecting that many items is not easy to do.....

but there is no possibility at all to survive the 4th shot!

- QUAD is meant to be powerful, if not then it will become useless, because anyone can have almost equal chances, even someone armed with quad going to die by 1rail, 1bfg, 1rocket, 1shodgun shot, the item going to stay that way, because having quad making u seek enemies instead standing in corner and camping

- BFG, bfg damage was reduced by 1/3, although xp_improveprediction making out of it a strong weapon anyway, will decrease BFG damage again

- SG, seems to have sometimes overpowered enemy knockback, sometimes not, going to recheck that

I am addicted to life.

Doomcore

I belive bs and quad are fine just the way they are. I only find bfg splash still a tad strong. But one thing is pretty ''weird'', for example: Marcus takes bs and quad as he did several times on beer....lol, that's unstoppable. Is it possible to prevent people to take 2 powerups if they are already equiped with one? So, if you have bs you can't take quad?

drill@quakelive

doomcore: impossible