Should we allow using of cl_timeNudge -10 on PB servers?

53 replies [Last post]
Seth
accurun wrote:

Seth, i was refering at scoreboard ping, m8 Happy As for lagometer ping - it must be the same

What is the point of reducing your "scoreboard ping" ?

RONiN wrote:

lol@sethy ur too funny man... if i was a woman, you would make me horny.

^[Evil]Monkey
Seth wrote:

accurun wrote:
Seth, i was refering at scoreboard ping, m8 Happy As for lagometer ping - it must be the same

e-penis? Cool

accurun
12's picture
Seth wrote:

accurun wrote:

- you prolly dont understand what is ping ..
There are 2 types of ping:
1)server-client(scoreboard)
2)client-server(lagometer)

Dont tell me you will play fine if you have 5 ms on lagometer and 300 ms on scoreboard Happy

What u lookin' at, bra ? I'm back !

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

The complete explanation is here:link

If you read that carefully then you will understand that in unlagged (and therefore in e+ since it uses unlagged code) negative cl_timenudge doesn't make you jerky but it won't lower your ping either, it will just use the server snapshot earlier so you can see earlier whats going on, at the cost of some extrapolation errors.

Btw, in that faq you can find the answer to many other common questions, like true ping, cg_projectileNudge, built-int lag, sv_fps, shooting around corners, quake bounding box problems, etc. I suggest you to read it if you have any doubts about any of these subjects.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

Seth
accurun wrote:

Seth wrote:
accurun wrote:

- you prolly dont understand what is ping ..
There are 2 types of ping:
1)server-client(scoreboard)
2)client-server(lagometer)

No you didn't understand my question.

accurun wrote:
Dont tell me you will play fine if you have 5 ms on lagometer and 300 ms on scoreboard Happy

If you have 5ms in lagometer and 300 on scoreboard, you have bigger problems that won't go away with something like timenudge.

RONiN wrote:

accurun
12's picture

lol i h8 stupid ppl who thinks they're genius Big grin

ps: i wont tell about who i talk, i'll just ask.. Hey Sethy,what time is it ?.. Smug

Seth
accurun wrote:

lol i h8 stupid ppl who thinks they're genius Big grin

ps: i wont tell about who i talk, i'll just ask.. Hey Sethy,what time is it ?.. Smug

Congratulations, i ask a honest question, i really want to know the point of reducing the scoreboard ping with cl_timenudge.
You then say i probably don't know the difference between A and B. Which is not an answer, it's avoiding the question. Give an answer to the question? I don't think i'm a genius, i'm not trying to be a smartass, it's an honest question.

Why would i use timenudge for the scoreboard ping?
Example for me:
My lagometer shows depending on the time of the day between 5 and 12 on borg server (most euro servers). The scoreboard shows around 25/32. Is there, for me, even a point in reducing the scoreboard ping.

Or should i ask it in a different language so that you do understand and are capable of answering?

RONiN wrote:

Kefir
Impact's picture

since begin i was f2 for it Winking but the last option in vote is best so F3 Big grin

Look for my BFG at Space Station

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

i thought changing your scoreboard ping has no relevance to your gameplay in unlagged servers (i.e. most of excessive)

so = fail thread.

gg.

accurun
12's picture

K dudes, atleast dont delete this cvar from 1.04 or 1.05 .. cuz i hate when i press mouse1 and i gotta wait till i see my railgun, this sort of stuf..

Ronin, you have very idiotic style of talking.. WTFFTWOMFGBBQ does have to mean "gg" word near "fail thread" ? Man i just wonder.. how many friends has Mircwar.. Thinking