Should we allow using of cl_timeNudge -10 on PB servers?

53 replies [Last post]
rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
accurun wrote:

rUnThEoN?! wrote:

considering his cheating past, his untrustable storys, his kick for wallhack cvar, his railjumpscript and latest accusations together with this behaviour i cant say he reablished as good as faceless wrath and kind of deserves to be banned IMO.

- LoL shut the fuck up, dont make me laugh.. You wanna say that if i'd be a good person in community, and prove again what i did already prove, you'd unban me ?or smb else? .. haha, Lie to me again, 2-faced-kurwa.. by saying 'yes'

i just say there is no need for an "ex" cheater who isnt even an addition to the community

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

cml
Forum moderator Rank moderator LIVING LEGEND
camel-xp's picture

I tested cl_timenudge at -30 on some servers and I need to admit that I feel little less delay, for ex. at dm17 with bots I feel like with ping 0 on localhost server Happy

But this works only with this new beta6 version, ping on scoreboard is changing but when you looking over some web browser or hlsw ping is normal or higher, well doesnt matter, I just wanted to say that it makes less delay as far as I see.

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

i really hate to say it... but it must be a problem with the mod code... cos in theory it shouldnt be like that. maybe mr dev beast can look at it... or if a merger was on the cards, i know a place where the code really is unlagged...

someone please start a nice, intelligent, understanding conversation without the hate and the bitterness?

oldskool'shox
cml wrote:

I tested cl_timenudge at -30 on some servers and I need to admit that I feel little less delay, for ex. at dm17 with bots I feel like with ping 0 on localhost server Happy

But this works only with this new beta6 version, ping on scoreboard is changing but when you looking over some web browser or hlsw ping is normal or higher, well doesnt matter, I just wanted to say that it makes less delay as far as I see.

placebo effects? Winking

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
cml wrote:

That is the expected behavior (did you red the link i posted at the end of first page?!). You do get less delay but at the cost of extrapolation errors since the server doesn't have the last snapshot to interpolate with. Then, the player with cl_timenudge (but only him, by no means the other ones) will often see some jerky movement because of the error corrections what happens when the next snapshot comes.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

accurun
12's picture

If in 1.03 and all the other beta versions /cl_timenudge -10 was like.. a liiiitle bit laggy, .. then in 1.04 beta6 cl_timenudge -10 is TWICE,maybe TRICE less laggy than before.. Think about it Winking

ps: lalala, i edited a bit Smug I'll just ask.. who is friend with Mircwar ? Big grin

What u lookin' at, bra ? I'm back !

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
accurun wrote:

If in 1.03 and all the other beta versions /cl_timenudge -10 was like.. a liiiitle bit laggy, .. then in 1.04 beta6 cl_timenudge -10 is TWICE,maybe TRICE less laggy than before.. Think about it Winking

ps: lalala, i edited a bit Smug I'll just ask.. who is friend with Mircwar ? Big grin

Actually cl_timenudge was disabled in previous versions, so the original baseq3 implementation was the one that took place, which is the one that makes your player jerky and stuff. I enabled unlagged cl_timenudge it (and cg_projectilenudge too btw) in beta6.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

triv'
trivium's picture
N!X wrote:

^[Evil]Monkey wrote:
N!X wrote:
lol i got 7 ms :oops:

9-11ms from uk Cool

7-10 ms from nl Cool

2-4 from germany Smug

playing on
[mouse]: ie 3.0
[mousepad]: corepad eyepad xxl
[keyboard]: Steelseries 6gv2
[headphones]: SteelSeries Siberia v2
[monitor]: Samsung Syncmaster 1000s 21"

ghost wrote:

its the people whos piss me of not the game, im never ever played an game on wich all is perfect to mine preferences there are always things to wich im must get used and acept them as they are no mater i like them or not i will try to understand thier mechanism and use for mine adventage

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
accurun wrote:

mircwar is an old, respected player in this community and as more as i see u post, as more it looks like u feel superior to everyone else around since u managed to make people belive u dont cheat.

im still up for banning u, if u continue like this, just a question of time.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

cml
Forum moderator Rank moderator LIVING LEGEND
camel-xp's picture
lagstard wrote:

cml wrote:

That is the expected behavior (did you red the link i posted at the end of first page?!). You do get less delay but at the cost of extrapolation errors since the server doesn't have the last snapshot to interpolate with. Then, the player with cl_timenudge (but only him, by no means the other ones) will often see some jerky movement because of the error corrections what happens when the next snapshot comes.

Ive readed it, and yes I know about that errors, and I see it especially when speccing others or with flying dead bodies Smug

but still I feel little difference anyway