KoD 2:1 X / 18.11.2007

36 replies [Last post]
rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
KatipaN wrote:

Yes Happy autojoin, now i remember that server forced us into game on start dm11. 4v5 or 3v6 isnt important for KoD, just curious screenshots, we all see from screenshots theres no unfair points of 5th player.

Just tell me, when autojoin is set on server u losing points for leave team in TDM gametype ? I thought its only in 1v1 gametype. I will test it later on server.

@Anitchrist i think we not need talk already about, we all defending our clans, and we did it Happy

u always loose a point by going spec.
thats the price of exchanging teammates, if u wanna know how to fix this autojoin problem, ask mistress, its due to slots settings.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

*BNT* DIRTY OLD
Dirty Old's picture
RONiN wrote:

But reading people's accounts of what happened, it shouldn't be counted as a valid result, but as there is nothing in the rules to protect against what happened, we can't request a replay of the map.

*KINETIC* wrote:

Damn, posting after Yas can only be done by quoting him because he always covers what I have to say.

Let's set this straight because I think you guys got me wrong. I am not saying KOD did not win the map or that we do not agree on the rest. On the contrary, I have confirmed that we agree with the result, we were just talking about how we got to that result. The match can be ranked as it is since members of both teams seem to agree that this is a fair result.

Thinking

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

An explanation of what hapened.

If PURE is on, a player with extra PK3 files (like the chatbubble) can join.
Only if the original pk3 files (base0 etc) are EDITED then you get the "Unpure client detected" message.

When a player with extra pk3's connects, those files are disabled. They are not loaded into memory, as if he doesnt have them.

But, PB then scans the comp using MD5TOOL and if it detects any file that has been marked as "bad" (even if they are lower grade cheats (slight advanatage), like most of the chatbubble, low explosions, etc) player will be kicked by MD5TOOL mismatch.

So the player has that file on his HDD, but during this war the file couldnt have been used. Still that player should delete that file to avoid future problems.

My opinion on the behaviour kick though, is that it shouldnt have been done. A better solution would have been a warning, followed by mute.
If a ref was present, and he kicked that player, then no problem.

So, try to avoid kicking players from the other clan on server, regardless of what they say. Mute them instead. Reason is if other clan agreed to your server, dont abuse that.

If you feel overly insulted, ban the player at end of war, but not during it. That is an unfair gaining of advantage.

But if a third party (ref) does that, then its perfectly acceptable.

Hope this post helps avoid problems like this in the future.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

what are you confused about dirty?

and thx foksie for reiterating what i said about pure

and i'll deal with the other 'incident'

*BNT* DIRTY OLD
Dirty Old's picture
RONiN wrote:

what are you confused about dirty?

your post did sound like u don't agree to the result and kinetic did say that u agree...

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

hearing what happened, the map wasn't played in an orderly manner.

i'm not disputing the result.

^freak.bnt!
MaYdaY's picture

Ok finally: KoD rulezz :twisted:

Post of Foksie is enough for full understand ..

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture

sorry i'm late but i kicked anti on dm11 for insulting all ><* members and he was rude rest its abviouse luck does count

GG KoD

mast3r

muahah gg kod Happy

HYP3R
redkn33d's picture

f&#king shit...

rules are rules... we have lost....

but in the future will remain that, for every cw to be a ref, a neutral one from the implicated teams.

gl all Cool