Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
(HK)Spider
spider's picture
lagstard wrote:

It has been suggested several times on the 1.04 thread that you make openarena work with e+, however, no one has stated what is actually needed for it to work properly. So, the purpose of this post is to let you know that the fixes needed for openarena are actually very few and e+ would have the advantage of providing full support for it.
Wasp*Beast

By making 1.04 compatible with Open Arena can help to atract new people to this community. I think we should pay attention to it and let good hands take care of.

First of all we need to finish hour E+ 1.04. Then proceed with OA, and if its posible both at the same time .. the better will be.

Quote:
.: | h3ktor dice:
XD
phail ;_;

Visit: http://www.excessiveplus.net/spider/

|.NS?CTHULHU|

We don't need a standalone client of E+... Doesn't OA support mods? We should just turn E+ into a mod of OA. That would be stupid to make E+ standalone.

I'm still Devo.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

We don't need a standalone client of E+... Doesn't OA support mods? We should just turn E+ into a mod of OA. That would be stupid to make E+ standalone.

and that would give cheaters like this http://forums.excessiveplus.net/viewtopic.php?t=14385&start=405 free way to play the game.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

*S!Soul*Lion!
L10nH34Rt's picture

Totally agree with skull on this one. IMHO we should have pb turned on on 2-3 most used public servers at all times.. Its time for all of you who are experiencing slowdowns and hickups from it being turned on to do sth about it... (yes rixo you too Big grin)

|.NS?CTHULHU|

Skull, that is true. There will be cheaters. Killer mentioned a compromise of having the mod work with OA and the Q3 client so the Q3 client could be used with clanwars and OA could be used for public servers. Although, I think you should try and understand how cheating is handled in open source communities. I play another game called Tremulous and there are constantly admins online who would ban cheaters, and plus the vote kick system is very prevalent, where it is actually more like a vote temp ban of 4 hours for a person. The main concern for you I think would be clan wars, and there would be people spectating during the clan war clan war.

And lion, yes, that is what you want... but I'm not sure the 2-3 most popular servers will be in your control. Lol.

Anyways, with this last comment I'm not going to take part in the politics anymore.

I'm still Devo.

*S!Soul*Lion!
L10nH34Rt's picture
|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

And lion, yes, that is what you want... but I'm not sure the 2-3 most popular servers will be in your control. Lol.

Hey I'm making a suggestion here not enforcing anything Happy

You are right too for the most part, but sadly there can't be admins 24/7 online to watch the servers...

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture

what do u think about possibly being able to put the weapon bar on the side of the screen like in (osp?) and ql, or being able to turn it off. i know its been asked before if thats possible in e+. what do u think?

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

*ZMB*INSANEKID*
InsaneKid's picture

Arrow /cg_drawStatus 0 Winking

superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture

no, i already use that. it removes the hud not the weapon bar.

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

unuzero
superbad! wrote:

...turn it off...

/xp_drawweaponselect 0 (in 1.04)
yes custom hud files wold be awesome