Broken game?

79 replies [Last post]
2!Sweet*83427
beazt's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts:
CZ Czech Republic
Re: Broken game?

i had a lot of this. there were topics for sharing old both client and server configs. it must be somewhere around. e+ 1.03 with 2!S.cfg was legendary. i will chceck some backup cd's i burned in past. maybe i will find something Winking
about playing.... i tried it but current e+ version falling into bluescreen. second problem are servers. i didnt come back to play noobish rail only on rus servers. lets make 1.03 freeze and tdm servers and thrn we can talk about spending time on public servers

.DoK. Crazy
Forum moderator
lilcrazy.style's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts:
DE Germany
Re: Broken game?
2!Sweet*83427 wrote:

i had a lot of this. there were topics for sharing old both client and server configs. it must be somewhere around. e+ 1.03 with 2!S.cfg was legendary. i will chceck some backup cd's i burned in past. maybe i will find something Winking
about playing.... i tried it but current e+ version falling into bluescreen. second problem are servers. i didnt come back to play noobish rail only on rus servers. lets make 1.03 freeze and tdm servers and thrn we can talk about spending time on public servers

That would be great! We need only a server.cfg and we can finally run it!
I tried to search for something 1.03 related but I got confused by very old arguments.
Let me know if you find something!

My ideas and content for E+:

.DoK. Clan® founder/leader since October 2008 ©.

.DoK. Clan Trailer <-- Thanks to DoK SoftAir.
Throphy: 3rd place AFC 2010.
]DOK[ DanGeR FroSteD! 95.130.10.38:27960

Caipiroska-fragola , Sex on the beach, Pink floid Big grin
Soft prendiamo i soliti? ok, 1 canarino e 3 ACE con ghiaccio Big grin

2!Sweet*83427
beazt's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts:
CZ Czech Republic
Re: Broken game?

i found it Dancing

https://www.excessiveplus.net/forums/thread/e-1-03-needed-to-run-a-test-server-downgrade?page=1#comment-466573

edit:

here is link to download official point release 1.32 and e+ 1.03 installers
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D6C30E505FEED923!1483&authkey=!APMXwEvBz_IHluM&ithint=folder%2c

let me know if you want to share 1.03 client config too Happy

i feel kinda strange cos i was one of those persons who betatested xp 1.04 and supported upgrade of servers to 1.04 and later versions. and now iam one of those who supporting downgrade back to 1.03

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts:
SE Sweden
Re: Broken game?
madbringer wrote:

Aw shit, you're just gonna call him a loser and not go point by point? You can do better than that, Mirc. C'mon man. Last good flamewar. Money eyes

Ugh, Yeah I'd really rather not. It's just deja vu at this point. The thing with Shady is that he has this MO, where as soon as he feels threatened (or slighted, however lightly) he lashes out and tries to get personal to up the ante tenfold, he loves to bring up personal stuff in an attempt to make it sting as much as possible. In my case it's apparently that I'm losing games for MR....but okay, since you asked nicely. Let's fact check him on part of his post (he loves to just wall of text you to death with nonsense):

Shady wrote:

Pretty sure you weren't either. You were in SWE as a fringe signing from their feeder SUB.SWE team to stop the main clan from falling apart due to inactivity (which didn't work since you played like 1 war there...

Fair enough, I actually agree. It was the IA situation that forced me to join (Shell vouched for me, as did Hard). But if I was so sucky I guess you could ask yourself why I was even thought to be a choice, but fair enough.

Shady wrote:

...and afterwards you were carried heavily at [Mr] by Laktos, Marcus, the 3 Russian dudes and falat1ty.

This is a huge simplification if I ever saw one, you are of course free to think what you will of my performance. But since your statement comprises atleast 4 years, let's break it down:

1. I joined MR in 2008, they had Dancing Shadow at the time and shortly after me Marcus joined. We were praccing like motherfuckers at the time. Which after some time meant we had an Ace-lineup (me, DS, Lak, Marc) and a second lineup that more than could fend for itself (zont, kak, doc mainly). I was approaching peak form but wasn't quite there, come the finals vs Hyper I think we were mostly interchangeable (albeit we were good in different types of roles, Marcus was cold blooded and loved 1 vs X, as you might remember). Dancing Shadow quit in late 2008 and was replaced by Camel.

2. Once Lak quit, we actually won the TDML against Hyper without him, a final that was even re-played due to various whine/complaints about the league format (maps won vs head-to-head). And before that we trashed your attempt to shame E+ with your 'all star lineup' clan, I'm sure you remember that one since you were quite impressed at the time.

3. After this we lost Marcus, Flash, Nanamoon, Kaktus & Zont. Essentially we lost our number 1 and 2 lineups in one fell swoop. What was left was 3-4 guys playing minimally, and yet we managed to pull it to the finals in most instances. The year ZMB won for example, we went undefeated. In fact we would have won the whole league if the last WO would have rendered us 0 points. But it gave us -3 and ZMB won on a technicality (well done, I guess?).

I don't really feel like going into more detail, you are a complete asshat Shady with no clue what you are talking about. I'd like to end this by saying that if I would ever try to be as mean to you as you have been to people, you would break down crying. You are a sad, insecure, person (lest we forget, you actually tried to cheat a railonly singleplayer competition.....ughhh!) that thrives on putting others down.

So, peace out. This place was great without you!

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Re: Broken game?
[MR.]FRRR wrote:

madbringer wrote:
madbringer wrote:
I'd apologize, but at this point it would just be empty words. I mean, who's left to apologize to?

Actually, I do want to give a personal apology to one woman in particular. alienM. If, by any chance, you're reading this, you have my full apologies for all of the horrible shit I wrote about and to you. I'm honestly ashamed of that garbage. It was uncalled for. It came from a dark and twisted place in my mind. No excuse. Hope you and your kid are doing well.

I took the liberty of showing her what you have wrote, and she says it`s ok, all is forgiven, and she sends kisses to all Happy

Tell her to kiss my ass xdd
Ps: thx shady, "taking THE piss"
Saved

.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts:
Re: Broken game?
Quote:

Sorry for the month long reply, I saw back in June but this one was much less stimulating so I just forgot because I could only shrug and think "no, he missed the point this time" to everything you wrote...

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

lashes out and tries to get personal to up the ante tenfold

Not at all. That example you cited was a quote of yours followed by a "pretty sure you weren't either". How exactly a "NO U" type response meant to be a personal attack, let alone a 10-times one.

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

he loves to bring up personal stuff in an attempt to make it sting as much as possible.

I guess (?) that could apply to me but not in the sense you're claiming. If there are things relevant to a discussion, then they get mentioned regardless of the opponent's feelings. It's not an attempt to undermine someone, and someone of strong

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

In my case it's apparently that I'm losing games for MR

Also no. I said was that you're doing exactly the things you accused me of, but on a longer timescale (:DDDDD).

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

Fair enough, I actually agree. It was the IA situation that forced me to join (Shell vouched for me, as did Hard). But if I was so sucky I guess you could ask yourself why I was even thought to be a choice, but fair enough.

"It was the IA situation" ... "ask yourself why I was even thought to be a choice"

I'd rather ask myself why you chose to ask me a rhetorical question but it would create a recursive rhetorical question chain and it would be a bit post-modern for anyone (including myself) to understand that joke, especially on e-.

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

This is a huge simplification if I ever saw one, you are of course free to think what you will of my performance. But since your statement comprises atleast 4 years, let's break it down:

1. I joined MR in 2008, they had Dancing Shadow at the time and shortly after me Marcus joined. We were praccing like motherfuckers at the time. Which after some time meant we had an Ace-lineup (me, DS, Lak, Marc) and a second lineup that more than could fend for itself (zont, kak, doc mainly). I was approaching peak form but wasn't quite there, come the finals vs Hyper I think we were mostly interchangeable (albeit we were good in different types of roles, Marcus was cold blooded and loved 1 vs X, as you might remember). Dancing Shadow quit in late 2008 and was replaced by Camel.

2. Once Lak quit, we actually won the TDML against Hyper without him, a final that was even re-played due to various whine/complaints about the league format (maps won vs head-to-head).

3. After this we lost Marcus, Flash, Nanamoon, Kaktus & Zont.

I made a subjective claim about your team to which you responded explaining (in detail) the facts and the situation since you were privy to it (being in the clan and such).

If I was a cunt, I would have played my "respond like MIRCWAR" card and simultaneously mocked you for being stuck in the past and bringing up old infromation (despite the fact I'm the one who initiated the conversation on the topic), mocked you for name-dropping your teammates (despite the fact they need to be mentioned in order to give a historically accurate gauge of the situation), AND also complain about how long the text is.

You've done any combination of the three at least 4 times since '09 in conversations you initiated yourself, and that's not counting this thread.

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

And before that we trashed your attempt to shame E+ with your 'all star lineup' clan, I'm sure you remember that one since you were quite impressed at the time.

Your timing is wrong on this (Oska's FFT cup took place in december-march 2009, the edawne/plus rift happened in may and onwards), your reasoning is wrong on this (all-star? while lasting 6 months in a 13-year old community?)

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

The year ZMB won for example, we went undefeated. In fact we would have won the whole league if the last WO would have rendered us 0 points. But it gave us -3 and ZMB won on a technicality (well done, I guess?).

I actually pointed this out and that the points system back in those days ('09-'13) and actually went into detail on why and how it should be improved (shit, I was adminning clownbase, house of quke, kuh3liga and promode shit at the time as well), but the responses on e+ were all so stupid and pathetic they just merged into one massive blur, ranging from "IF YOU LIKE QUKELIFE ARENA WHY DON'T YOU PLAY THERE INSTEAD(i did) to "SO WHAT??? SOME OF MY CLANMATE PLAYED "CPMNA" TOO? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOUR SO SMART??", shit there was a railonly cup where i mentioned why and how this system is retarded, played with a post-ank mixteam, won every game and finished third.

It all really cuts down to just 1) have a maplist of 5 (or 7) maps and it's picked by drop/drop/pick/pick with the last map being the tie map and have a W/L points system without differentitating the result*

cups on e- happen this way: prszeszmek_PL wants to make a cup so he copy+pastes the rule set from the previous cup made by BOPOH_1999, and he copy+paste the rules himself, this dating back to oska's FranticFreezeCup (where it actually made sense since the points were tie breakers in 4 different first round groups). And nobody, player or organizer, questions that shit for some reason.

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

I don't really feel like going into more detail

There aren't really any more details you could share.

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

you are a complete asshat Shady with no clue what you are talking about. I'd like to end this by saying that if I would ever try to be as mean to you as you have been to people, you would break down crying.

I was reading Christopher Hitchens' autobigraphy a few years ago, and there was a quote which applies to this very well. There was a hearing in the US Congress regarding the Chicago labor unions (probably pre-Jimmy Hoffa disappearence), and the congressman in chrage had an opening question along the lines of "so your labour* (teamster's/bricklayers's/auotmotive/ whatever) union is claiming to be all-powerful.

To which the union representative in chrage replied with "Your majesty* (sorry, TPB reference, he actually said "Mr Congressman"), being powerful is like being ladylike, if you're having to say you are, it probably means you're not."

Well, in this context, same rules apply...

And the very, very worst I could think of was regarding my own person (having an "online relationship" when I was 18 with an overweight American chick) was already mocked in such a brilliant way by digit(phil) frim aNk in such a better way that you couldn't possibly top it.

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

(lest we forget, you actually tried to cheat a railonly singleplayer competition.....ughhh!)

Also, no. "Cheating" is a serious accusation that implies aimboat, whalehack or any other Moby Dick alteration. I discovered a demo playing bug in 2007 (if you slow down timescale to o.5 or so playing a demo and start a localhost server, it will keep the /timescale and won't let you change it), used it to learn how to aim and shoot at people, used it to train shooting robots and submitted my first ever demo trying it to a robot shooting competition.

That also helped differentiate between the interesting people with a facetious mindset on e+ (Trance, Mr Sandberg actually jokingly said my shotgun of robots was on point, Zack), while the uptight cunts blew a "DAS IST VERBOTTEN!!!" gasket and I avoided them to have a better playing experience. this aided everybody,

[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

You are a sad, insecure, person that thrives on putting others down.

So, peace out. This place was great without you!

You literally went 1 sentence away from your fantasy of "I CAN BE A MASTER TROLE WHO CAN DISMANTLE YOU'RE WERY SOUL TO THE POINT YOU DISINTEGRATE INTO PATHETIC TEARS" to "you're a poo-poo head and I didn't miss you and it was so much better without you and also you smell like boogers and also I didn't miss you".

edit: also I'm not sure why there's a quote box at one port of the post but not on the rest, there is literally nothing in the formatting but that's just excessiveplus CMS I guess... epsi mentioned they went from phbb3 to some stupid sounding system like DIPLO or some shit...

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

|¯FC_| Suchspeed<-
Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts:
Re: Broken game?

omg, can someone ban this trash? easy?
Im so allergic to the russian grainy faces

Aero wrote:
who enters into my anus kurwa!!!!!

troll-e
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts:
Re: Broken game?
|¯FC_| Suchspeed<- wrote:

omg, can someone ban this trash? easy?
Im so allergic to the russian grainy faces

this is the e+ flamewar , for ... flame-warriors , they have their motives and passions, so... use popcorns and if you can , eventually watch Day dreaming

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts:
RO Romania
Re: Broken game?
.p4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:


edit: also I'm not sure why there's a quote box at one port of the post but not on the rest, there is literally nothing in the formatting but that's just excessiveplus CMS I guess... epsi mentioned they went from phbb3 to some stupid sounding system like DIPLO or some shit... (...)

Hello broseph Shady, all your quote boxes are visible, don't know which you don't see/are not visible. Could be that you had an unclosed tag somewhere.
_________
epsiSlow