InstaGib Freeze Tag League 2015

107 replies [Last post]
!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture

I understand that this cfg is based on legendary cfg, but it doesnt change a fact that i dont like it Happy rail is slow, change to gauntlet is even slower and gauntlet kills after 3 hits Sad Also railjumping is pointless and makes you easy prey, not sure what is the purpose of it in slow railcycle cfg like this one. IMO this cup will be extremely campy, if u people think that qlinsta.cfg is slow and campy Tongue watch out u've seen nothing yet Happy

rage+
Forum moderator
Zack's picture

As loxotron suggested, change the maps to something around 7 of the fav's.
Group stage then a knock out stage sounds like a good idea, teams would need to be seeded accordingly.
Point system is flawed, happened before when a clan won all their matches but lost the cup because of map difference, its just plain retarded an should be abolished.
Haven't played the config so cant comment yet, but I wouldn't mind playing the r4e one again or something similar along the lines of QL insta or no ghost.

Blitz
Forum moderator
Blitz's picture

> Sign-up deadline: 25.05.2015

> League and Shedule announcement: 26.05.2015

> League start: 27.06.2015

GJ MATE! Big grin

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture

warmup time Smug

Loxotron

Your assumes aren't really correct Terror, with fast rail its way easier to camp and spam in the entrance to the map location preventing enemy from attack at all, while with slow rail you can attack in between the shots and even if you trade one of your teammates at entrance - not a big deal, it's has been proven over time than attack tactic is preferable on such cfg and works best, i haven't seen so much camp at noghost compare to e+.

/
q3fun's picture

cssss he banned you too

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture
Re: InstaGib Freeze Tag League 2015
Loxotron wrote:

Your assumes aren't really correct Terror, with fast rail its way easier to camp and spam in the entrance to the map location preventing enemy from attack at all, while with slow rail you can attack in between the shots and even if you trade one of your teammates at entrance - not a big deal, it's has been proven over time than attack tactic is preferable on such cfg and works best, i haven't seen so much camp at noghost compare to e+.

This is e+ not noghost, we are a spammy fast paced mod with not reall skill required lol, did you know that? We arent all super duper pro like you who camps decent themselfs in e+ Smug

E+ players think, "I must hold this room and they will come to me" no matter wat the reload speed is

Its a choice not a must, everyone has their own view on gameplay Winking

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture
eu.jeff wrote:

Loxotron wrote:

This is e+ not noghost, we are a spammy fast paced mod with not reall skill required lol, did you know that? We arent all super duper pro like you who camps decent themselfs in e+ Smug

E+ players think, "I must hold this room and they will come to me" no matter wat the reload speed is

Its a choice not a must, everyone has their own view on gameplay Winking

Yep, agree, but sometimes I have "i must fly into that room like an idiot and kill everyone" and this cfg will punish me everytime xd

Loxotron

But as soon as you will see how attack is effective on slow rail, you will rethink your strategy. And as you said there are many players on e+ who likes to go aggressive into the room with bfg, nades.. so they will understand pretty soon that they can even do it without jumps just by running in, such cfg benefits the attacking style.

Also i think it one of the configs where actually good teamwork can outplay the aim, so teams who wants to train and show some decent result have a better chance here than on fast rail.

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture
Re: InstaGib Freeze Tag League 2015
Loxotron wrote:

But as soon as you will see how attack is effective on slow rail, you will rethink your strategy. And as you said there are many players on e+ who likes to go aggressive into the room with bfg, nades.. so they will understand pretty soon that they can even do it without jumps just by running in, such cfg benefits the attacking style.

Also i think it one of the configs where actually good teamwork can outplay the aim, so teams who wants to train and show some decent result have a better chance here than on fast rail.

Basically you are saying that who camps the best as a team can win the idiots who rush in a room with only 1 rail shot and minimum 4 enemies Smug

I have the feeling that youre trying to sell a already used condom here...