Excessive Plus v1.04-beta4

237 replies [Last post]
lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

A really weird bug that happened to me playing on beer today with a 330 ping. I was killed and respawned instantly, i was inmortal Happy See the demo for more details.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

pax
pbm's picture
unuzero wrote:

wowo the '#of players left in a team' indicator is very nice!! Happy

i was wondering, since you can click on a player on the scoreboard to spec him, if it's possible to define smthg like

/xp_rightclick "rcon forceteam ID YOU RIGHTCLICKED ON spectator"

it would be a placeholder cmd to make scoreboard more interactive

this could make kicks, bans, forceteams, /tell's and even sending a 'FU' to the guy that just fragged you a lot nicer Happy
also refs and leaders in cw's and pickup games can save some valuable time by having 3 binds that change this cmd to 'forceteam blue/red/spec'

keep up the nice work easy

Could be real nice that m8 Happy

For Admins and CW's it coudl be pretty powerful to be able to let an Admin set who Joins without the need to set joinwords n stuff. Every time at CW people get stuck trying to join and spec their team. If the admin could do this in a few clicks, could save a lotta hassle.

For example if you right clicked a name on the scoreboard, either in spec or in game, it gives you admin options in a wee menu - for example:

Forceteam blue/red/spectator
ForceJoin blue/red (force spectator to join red or blue)
Kick
Ban
Tell
etc,etc

If you are not rcon holder then only Tell can work.

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
pax wrote:

unuzero wrote:
wowo the '#of players left in a team' indicator is very nice!! Happy

i was wondering, since you can click on a player on the scoreboard to spec him, if it's possible to define smthg like

/xp_rightclick "rcon forceteam ID YOU RIGHTCLICKED ON spectator"

it would be a placeholder cmd to make scoreboard more interactive

this could make kicks, bans, forceteams, /tell's and even sending a 'FU' to the guy that just fragged you a lot nicer Happy
also refs and leaders in cw's and pickup games can save some valuable time by having 3 binds that change this cmd to 'forceteam blue/red/spec'

keep up the nice work easy

For Admins and CW's it coudl be pretty powerful to be able to let an Admin set who Joins without the need to set joinwords n stuff. Every time at CW people get stuck trying to join and spec their team. If the admin could do this in a few clicks, could save a lotta hassle.

For example if you right clicked a name on the scoreboard, either in spec or in game, it gives you admin options in a wee menu - for example:

Kick
Ban
Tell
etc,etc

This is one really nice suggestion. An also for referees.

unique * mnc
mnc's picture

I'm not sure if q3 engine would be able to do menu like that.

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
lagstard wrote:

pax wrote:

Kick
Ban
Tell
etc,etc

This is one really nice suggestion. An also for referees.

Also for players of a locked team, an invite option could appear for the spectators, without the need of being a referee or rcon-holder.

PS: Btw, why is the edit button missing? :scratch:

biohazard

Suggestion:

cg_drawCrosshairNames 1
wondering if that could be changed to a smaller font size its ginormous Smug

easy
Developer
easy's picture

For all the suggestions that I did not reply yet. Please have a bit patience, I collect all of them and work thru the list.

We will have a bug tracking system soon, like in 2003, to make the process more transparent to you.

By the way, it's a very nice idea to have a small popup menu on the scoreboard. Will work on that :thumbleft:

PS: I will be absent for family reasons until Monday evening.

UnknownUser807 wrote:

there seemed to be a problem today. when a player thawed another.

the console spammed "player thawed example" over and over again
like floodprotect was off and someone was spamming.

strange i had to kick him

Fixed. Thank you.

Leito wrote:

When someone is frozen and switch team, his model stay in previous team till end of round.
I do not remember that someone post this small bug, if someone did it...sorry Happy

Does it really happen in beta?

|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

Also, when frozen bodies are squished by a door entity the body disappears but the frozen body entity is still there and not unfrozen, so teammates would still have to stand where the body would be to thaw them... Normally they would just be unfrozen like if they were in lava... Perhaps there could be a way to make it so the door doesn't close all the way and the body acts as a wedge to keep the door open. That would be kind of cool. Happy

Fixed. No more thawing of "invisible" bodys after beeing crushed. Instant respawn can be set by config when using a small value like 0.001
And finally frozen bodys keep the doors open, just like normal players would do, good idea.

biohazard wrote:

cg_drawCrosshairNames 1
wondering if that could be changed to a smaller font size its ginormous Smug

True, made it a bit smaller until the custom huds arrive.

|.NS?CTHULHU|

Very excellent work Easy. The bugtracker will be pretty cool, and keep things more organized. Happy I'm still amazed at how much progress is being made.

I'm still Devo.

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture

Hi easy thanks Happy

one more bug, not sure if its been mentioned.

When inviting a player to spec a team, it seems to print the text on the console as the same colour as the players tag. e.g if my name was in black, and I invited a player to spec during a freeze match, the text would read
"reno has invited excessiveplayer to the red team"

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

|.NS?CTHULHU|
UnknownUser807 wrote:

Hi easy thanks Happy

one more bug, not sure if its been mentioned.

When inviting a player to spec a team, it seems to print the text on the console as the same colour as the players tag. e.g if my name was in black, and I invited a player to spec during a freeze match, the text would read
"reno has invited excessiveplayer to the red team"

Yeah, sometimes that happens if people leave a ^[] at the end of their name, or something like that. Map, append a color to the front of static strings in the game so the colors can't be manipulated? Happy

I'm still Devo.