Excessive Plus v1.04-beta4

237 replies [Last post]
pax
pbm's picture
pax wrote:

Also my console font looks very fuzzy on fullscreen and is hard to read, but looks fine in a 640 window. I use my flatpanel on its max res, 1440x900 and fonts look very sharp on everything else, so its not a flat panel res blur.

easy wrote:

The console is handled by the engine, we cant add fancy fonts there.

No no, its not fancy fonts, just regular console messages looks very fuzzy, like out of focus, but only in fullscreen. For example, if I set Fullscreen 1440x900 - its out of focus, but the weird thing is that when I take a screenshot in fullscreen, the screenshot looks fine. If I do r_fullscreen 0 and change to 1440x900 window, the console looks sharp. So it seems to be a fullscreen/window thing.

pax wrote:

Seems to be a prob with the new userdb stuff when using the SQL lite - if we got server set to xp_userdb 1, when someone connects or changes nick, everyone on game feels a lag. With it set to 0, no lags.

easy wrote:
Any chance that the server was under heavy load?

I'm pretty sure the server wasnt underload - it was 4am in the morning, but we will do some more tests to see.

Thanks for fixing the other stuff! The new font on tags looks great and I think the old font looks better than it did on 1.03, so I donno why people are saying its ugly. Thinking

A quick request - the new Spawn Kill system is pretty cool, but it can seem a bit unfair to penalise a guy thats killed - respawns and kills his enemy, especially as a defender in CTF this can happen quite a lot. Can you add another switch so as we can turn off the the Spawn kill for a guy who respawned and killed, but leave it on for the guy who just spawn kills?

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture
Quote:
UnknownUser807 wrote:

also easy/edy and gang, i forgot to say, before match starts you can spam the console and server with super fast /kill + respawns. i managed well over 30 before the game. imagine 16 players doing the same thing, surely it will crash it Big grin

Could not reproduce, maybe floodprotect was disabled?

Flood protect is definately disabled

If you bind 1 /kill and keep pressing kill then fire you can respawn at least 20 times during the warmup period of the game. There used to be a delay between the time you spawn to the time you can /kill . try it out

(also england flag please) Happy

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Leito
-Leito-'s picture

When someone is frozen and switch team, his model stay in previous team till end of round.

I do not remember that someone post this small bug, if someone did it...sorry Happy

easy
Developer
easy's picture
lagstard wrote:

Another bug. I hadn't seen so far player clipping since ive tested 1.04. However, as the screenshot says, that bug still exists.

This is a common Q3 phenomenon and also were most of the "wtf?? headshot and still a miss!" comes from.
The player animations do not always fit to the bounding box, especially extreme when jumping.

unuzero

wowo the '#of players left in a team' indicator is very nice!! Happy

i was wondering, since you can click on a player on the scoreboard to spec him, if it's possible to define smthg like

/xp_rightclick "rcon forceteam ID YOU RIGHTCLICKED ON spectator"

it would be a placeholder cmd to make scoreboard more interactive

this could make kicks, bans, forceteams, /tell's and even sending a 'FU' to the guy that just fragged you a lot nicer Happy
also refs and leaders in cw's and pickup games can save some valuable time by having 3 binds that change this cmd to 'forceteam blue/red/spec'

keep up the nice work easy

|.NS?CTHULHU|
easy wrote:

lagstard wrote:
Another bug. I hadn't seen so far player clipping since ive tested 1.04. However, as the screenshot says, that bug still exists.

This is a common Q3 phenomenon and also were most of the "wtf?? headshot and still a miss!" comes from.
The player animations do not always fit to the bounding box, especially extreme when jumping.

Sad

Also, when frozen bodies are squished by a door entity the body disappears but the frozen body entity is still there and not unfrozen, so teammates would still have to stand where the body would be to thaw them... Normally they would just be unfrozen like if they were in lava... Perhaps there could be a way to make it so the door doesn't close all the way and the body acts as a wedge to keep the door open. That would be kind of cool. Happy

I'm still Devo.

fala'fag
dancing shadow's picture
|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

that's was caused by wrong time set in config, depends of what are weapon.cfg u were playing

in plusbeta.cfg happens exactly what are u saying, and i think it's bug that should be fixed in mod

but in plusN.cfg squished person spawn instantly, because thaw in that situation is not delayed like in plusbeta.cfg

censorship on YouTube sucks rabbit balls

Nag!Out

hmm... My cfg from 1.03 work's very good but why enemy model and my team model loos the same when freeze?

And I play and test it on beer and seeting's on beer is too slow. Shots movment, bfg and granade jump is to slow.

And i think it's bug but i saw 2 freezeing player on the same place Big grin how to explain it?? :Dhmm... when i try to shot and portion out them they flay together:D

Sry for english Tongue

some date for final versiaon?? Big grinLaughing out loud

Histroy :
PLUS = FOX Clan >> GSE Clan >> BBS Clan >> KTM Clan >> BURN* Clan >> BBSquad Clan >> MR Clan >> VENDETTA Clan >>
OUT of gaming Happy
RAIL = DUNNO Clan >> OF Clan >> PW Clan
>> OUT of gaming Happy

|.NS?CTHULHU|
fala'fag wrote:

|.NS?CTHULHU| wrote:

that's was caused by wrong time set in config, depends of what are weapon.cfg u were playing

in plusbeta.cfg happens exactly what are u saying, and i think it's bug that should be fixed in mod

but in plusN.cfg squished person spawn instantly, because thaw in that situation is not delayed like in plusbeta.cfg

Oh I see. I guess it would be something to look into just in case. Happy

I'm still Devo.

unique * mnc
mnc's picture

Another bug found.

Today on beer.freezer we had an insta-thaw action. Everytime one guy died he got defrosted instantly. For first few minutes it was ok and then I killed him from above him and made his body crushing the floor - he got insta-thawed and it was so on...

You can see that on attached demo.