Who will win the Euro 2012?

186 replies [Last post]
(*WASP*PARADISE*)
Creating Paradise's picture
RIX!·SOUL· wrote:

madbringer wrote:

(*WASP*PARADISE*) wrote:
Is football the ambrosia of life?

It's a fun distraction that some people take way too personally. Like with most things in life that serve no practical purpose but are masterfully crafted tools of mass hysteria. People will kill each other over the color of their shoelaces, it makes sense that they'll create cults around sports teams, don't it? People want to be a part of something and be able to identify with something more significant and important than their individual selves. Problem is, most of them
don't understand that nothing is more important than themselves, but that's a whole different issue.

i agree with you, but im not exactly sure in what amount this is made on purpose. ofc a lot of ppl profit by this mass hysteria, in terms of 'money' and 'sleeping pills', but i think the fascination behind this is born from a rather human aspect. football is simply a beautiful thing, when you watch the right people playing it (and the reason we find it beautiful must be sth very instinctive, just like the way certain art touches us without understanding why).
elaborating my pov is going a bit too far, so i can imagine you know what im trying to say, mb u even agree to some degree

also para:
keep in mind that the amount of trash talk in this topic is in no way higher than in other topics on e+. e+ itself is a kind of sport that can be compared to football but on a smaller scale, we also had/have international cups, leagues, etc and we also shittalk the whole time about it.
here the reasons why i like to watch football:
1. distraction
2. seeing ppl do sth they rly understand = watching football as a form of art
3. getting together with friends
4. identifying with the german team and being happy if they score, also, identifying with a team i sympathise with (for any reason) and being happy if they score. admittedly there is some kind of nationality in me, although i think not very much (sometimes i surprise myself by saying "we won")

the first 3 points can easily be applied as the reasons i play e+, mb you can understand better now para, as watching football is very understandable.

I found it very pleasurable to read your post and i will actually read it again, because it's so well written with points and all the right arguments. I appreciate you taking the time to write this for me. I commented on this thread enraged mostly about the unprofessional support of the sport and how so many individuals dispute (violently, either verbal or physical) over its many aspects and let's not forget, the rivaling teams. I like football, don't watch it, but just like to play it if given the opportunity, yet the negative side gravitating around it disgusts me to the bone. The hysteria around this sport some individuals exhibit is also a fine way to gauge many sides of their personality, yet this is another story. Thanks again for posting such great feedback, it's the kind all our forums should be filled with. Happy

Laptop: Sony Vaio 3D: VCPFX215FX/BI with 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro.
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core.
Pad: Logitech G240.
Keyboard: Logitech K800
Earphones: Westone ES5 Custom IEM with Emerald Green (Envy) Faceplate
Line out Dock: Whiplash Elite Micro TWag V2 Eclipse w\Oyaide plug
Amplifier: Pico Slim Silver
Music player: iPod Classic 7th Gen 160 GB black

OTAKU * BASSHUNTER

I think wins Euro 2012 Germany Tongue

ROSOMAK
Adrian87's picture

tr1ckhooo
Tricky's picture

I'd bet for Portugal or Italy Happy

-C4-KOSZMIT
Rank moderator

Well played Czech & Grece. Funny how last games decided about everything Tongue

About what Rosomak said. What actually did he say? That our greatest
victory is that we made Russia go home? Not true - Grece did. That we
are the best? Not true, we are last in the easiest group. I hope he
regret these words. Being drunk its not an excuse. I wish him ticket for World Cup 2018 and experience how friendly Russians are (no irony).

- Gentelmans, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life..
- How do you kill that which has no life..?

zarzyn
zarzyn's picture
-C4-KOSZMIT wrote:

That we
are the best? Not true, we are last in the easiest group.

stop all cry. team who was able to play in euro is not weak . learn that. maybe in paper they arent strong as netherland. but they still play.

Happy

You Fuckers
Blasphemy's picture

I was for both Russia and Poland and i got fucked twice. Greeks were luckers.

The bullet hole looks so right in your head,
like it'd been missing all along.
The blood streaked across your face
like some twisted lover's deformed lipstick trace.
Staring at your reflection
wondering how you're still alive.
Wondering if she's somewhere laughing,
deciding whether to let you die.

"if one has to be scared to lead a decent life his weakness is obvious" (cit.)"I do not hunt freaks, freaks hunt me" (cit.)"Lady, – he whispered with concern, your
eyes are so empty" (cit.)

-C4-KOSZMIT
Rank moderator
zarzyn wrote:

-C4-KOSZMIT wrote:
That we
are the best? Not true, we are last in the easiest group.

stop all cry. team who was able to play in euro is not weak . learn that. maybe in paper they arent strong as netherland. but they still play.

Woot? Who still play and what? It was our historicall 2nd advance to this championship (as I know only because we are organizer) and we have never passed group stage and still we didnt win any match. As far we had only one good match that I really enjoyed and it was vs Russia. And really, this above was not about footballl..

- Gentelmans, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life..
- How do you kill that which has no life..?

R2'CZANG
Taku's picture

poland, holland out olny italy left Smug

3M'riku
You Fuckers wrote:

I was for both Russia and Poland and i got fucked twice. Greeks were luckers.

tbeing lucky is a skill too ;D