Trial members rule

66 replies [Last post]
rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts:
DE Germany
Re: Trial members rule

fps, its free for events to be part of the official E+ ranking, not other way round, for example fragfests.

It is a rule that is unnecessary, its a rule to much there and imo it isn't the only one, why you deleted old rule thread anyways? It was quite balanced.

Less arrogance would be healthy

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts:
Re: Trial members rule
JUMPS'FPS! wrote:

Fala, let me answer about the CUPS first. There was an implemented rule about it.

THC * FATE wrote:

5. Ranking event rules should be brought in compliance with ranking rules.

OMG... man u rank games based on ranking rules and that's all

there are no ranking events, RANKING=LEADER

I am addicted to life.

JUMPS'FPS!
fps's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts:
Re: Trial members rule
rUnThEoN?! wrote:


Or with other words you won't discuss about a rule with someone who says the rule is so bad he wont follow it? Isn't that a lame way of acting? especially for a rank mod?

Hm, skull, recheck again what I said.

JUMPS'FPS! wrote:

Offourse, Darkangel, you are free not to take this rule as a rule, you can also not to take PB/Pure rule as a rule or whatever else. The point is as far as it was implemented, you will have to respect it or you will be punished according to the current warning system. I won't even discuss such things, while you are officialy notice that you arent goin to follow one of rules.
I'm up to discuss this rule or any another, but if you realy want this rule to be deleted, you will have to give me a solid arguments not just like - we are lazy/it wasnt rank related and so on.

I repeat that Im up to discuss any rule or any case related to the rank side. That's what Im actually doing right now. I could just forget about this topic because only ONE clan and nobody else complains. I told that I wont discuss the official statements from a clan leaders sounding like - " My clan wont respect or follow this rule and I dont care at all". I dont care about this statements, Ill easly without any doubts give a punishments accroding to a warning system.

rUnThEoN?! wrote:


On top of that the best argument is that the rule doesn't bring any benefit to the ranking.

Could you know? The thing I know is there was a couple of precendents in the past. And this rule grealt regulates it.

rUnThEoN?! wrote:


I disagree with the rule since every rule should only exist to make stuff easier, as shown it did NOT.

This rule does. It determined a responsible persons. Can clanleader edit his database? Yes, he can. He should. Players shouldn't hurt if some of clanleaders are inactive. Example : Style is now listed as in Sneaky as in Lucky clans. What a ref of the tomorow's CW would say? If there wasnt a "new clan members topic" he would just disallow him from a game, because he listed in both clans. I doubt style d agree with that and there would be a great flame continued after game into the report topic.

mow Q [EN]
Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts:
DE Germany
Re: Trial members rule

Add a join-/adddate to clandb, voila, close this thread.

JUMPS'FPS!
fps's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts:
Re: Trial members rule
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

fps, its free for events to be part of the official E+ ranking, not other way round, for example fragfests.

It is a rule that is unnecessary, its a rule to much there and imo it isn't the only one, why you deleted old rule thread anyways? It was quite balanced.

Yes, its free, thats why ranking rules are touching only event games which is going to be ranked.

Non-ranking events like 'Vanilla Cup' or any other same having nothing with ranking rules.

There was nothing balanced. It didnt regulate a lot of important cases. However, it was just moved into the private corner. And the current rule edition includes no major changes. Just everything needed to be done is done now.

JUMPS'FPS!
fps's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts:
Re: Trial members rule
mow Q [EN] wrote:

Add a join-/adddate to clandb, voila, close this thread.

Also, there should be a possibility for a player to remove himself from the clan. But in case he joins any - it requires a confirmation from the clan leader. In this case Ill have to agree - "New members" topic wont be neccesary. But we dont have such thing implemented, thats why we are using "new members topic" now.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts:
DE Germany
Re: Trial members rule

Let me formulate it in a different way, we will not follow the rule they it is right now since it needs in our opinion further discussion.

rUnThEoN?! wrote:


On top of that the best argument is that the rule doesn't bring any benefit to the ranking.

JUMPS'FPS! wrote:

Could you know? The thing I know is there was a couple of precendents in the past. And this rule grealt regulates it.

I am sorry, but the animal in 3m case would have been zero problems if people would have acted 100% to clandb, since it was up to date as both, animal and darky mentioned. The problem came because new member thread was involved, or with other words, you seen a rule fail and do the same mistake again? Create a rule that is already known to cause problems? And how you argument that animal was allowed to play that cup round when he is according to the rule you wrote down and that was 99% same in event rules not really allowed to play? I already told you a lot of suggestions, nevertheless you are like "ignore the problem and allow the rule" which is unacceptable imo.

rUnThEoN?! wrote:


I disagree with the rule since every rule should only exist to make stuff easier, as shown it did NOT.

JUMPS'FPS! wrote:


This rule does. It determined a responsible persons. Can clanleader edit his database? Yes, he can. He should. Players shouldn't hurt if some of clanleaders are inactive.

In my opinion it does not. We have both cases at hand, clanleader being hurt because player posted something in a non related thread (animal) or clan being hurt because clanleader is to lazy to keep clandb up to date (style). In either case, a direct question to clanleader or player could solve the problem, instead you force ALL players and clans/Leaders to apply to your rule which only comes in at odd situations, while sametime, both, leaders and players, dislike hopping and care about their reputation?

Less arrogance would be healthy

3M'darkangel
darkangelspa's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts:
ES Spain
Re: Trial members rule

Ok lets think next:

Both (clan db and new clan members thread) are requerid by rank for new players in clans from now on.
Lets imagine next situation:

Fps wrote in new clan members thread
-sneaky'fps-> fps

But as milena did not removed him since he didnt left the clan.

Day of cw come up, and we are all in server...ppl start to flame that he is not allowed to play for sneaky, since he wrote that comment on that thread.
BUT since he still in clan db, and milena is telling he didnt left AND saying he will play.

For who u will go? i mean will u let him play? since he still in clan db of sneaky clan, but also he wrote that in new clan members thread........

You will ask, hey fps u wrote u are out of sneaky...so u cant play!
Answer from fps: what are the hell u talking about ah? u deuchbag Big grin im still in clan db in sneaky no? so whats ur problem? also my leader said i play for them! and since im in there i do play!

And u say (the ref or rank mode): ...but but but...but u are also in new clan members thread? what now...what should be taked more primordial? (privilege) the clan db or the new clan members thread in the forum of e+ Tongue ? what can i do now! Crying( i go to ask other refs and other rank moderatos since i dont know what to do!!...cry in corner....

And its 1:1 since he still in clan db and in new clan members thread....u see the mess? i see it clrealy, this rule will just make things worst than they are now :]

Please dissuce this situation :]

This is just one of many that can follow this rule lol....

p.s yeye sorry for bad english in all my threads Tongue but I / care.


Gloria Mōmentum
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”



“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
—Ernest Hemingway

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts:
Re: Trial members rule

@darky, as far i see he have pointed out the topic have bigger priority, but in the topic anyone can write anything, just like we did to r2 to show them how ridiculous their demands are

I am addicted to life.

JUMPS'FPS!
fps's picture
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts:
Re: Trial members rule
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

Let me formulate it in a different way, we will not follow the rule they it is right now since it needs in our opinion further discussion.

Thats how I understood. I told you - you may act however you want. Non-following this rule while its existing wont bring any positive results for you.

rUnThEoN?! wrote:


I am sorry, but the animal in 3m case would have been zero problems if people would have acted 100% to clandb, since it was up to date as both, animal and darky mentioned. The problem came because new member thread was involved, or with other words, you seen a rule fail and do the same mistake again? Create a rule that is already known to cause problems? And how you argument that animal was allowed to play that cup round when he is according to the rule you wrote down and that was 99% same in event rules not really allowed to play? I already told you a lot of suggestions, nevertheless you are like "ignore the problem and allow the rule" which is unacceptable imo.

Fala caused a problem by himself. Noone were forcing him to do a jokes in this thread. Ranking rules didnt regulate this situation, and event managers allowed him to play. Thats their right. I dont ignore any problem, Im trying to answer on any of your "arguments". Morever, this rule became a problem only for Banana Clan. For noone else. This rule wouldnt cause any problems, if Fala would read event rules and respect them. He didnt care about it. Event manager (asphyx) didnt give you a lose by WO just because it was an important game. However, Kostur and MZI, as I got, were ready to give it to you.

rUnThEoN?! wrote:


In my opinion it does not. We have both cases at hand, clanleader being hurt because player posted something in a non related thread (animal) or clan being hurt because clanleader is to lazy to keep clandb up to date (style). In either case, a direct question to clanleader or player could solve the problem, instead you force ALL players and clans/Leaders to apply to your rule which only comes in at odd situations, while sametime, both, leaders and players, dislike hopping and care about their reputation?

Clanleader won't hurt, there are no needed to give a yellow/red card in all cases. By this rule we prevent a situation while player could hurt. Player C left clan A and joint clan B. Clan A didnt remove him from database, clan B accepted him. Without a knowledge from "new clan members", he will be disallowed to play ranking games.