The official EURO2008-thread

606 replies [Last post]
kek
eu.jeff wrote:

kek wrote:
mow Q [EN] wrote:
matches against italy are never nice to watch. they did not play shit Happy just italy did not allow nice gameplay.

exactly. defend with 11 men, ofc you cannot play nice football against such a team...

Spain - Russia is gonna be great to watch imo because both play fast 1-touch football. At least I hope they still do...

that's why NL won 3-0 ? Big grin

yeah and where are NL now? Oh, w8...they went home. Italy didnt play it so defensive vs you guys, once you had scored they came out and attacked some, last night was totally different.

{D*R*T} ABSTI
Absti's picture

Well but nevertheless you can't really say Spain played good...they played crap too Big grin
I was like WTF seeing those players producing one miss-pass after another..later in regular gametime the midfielders not even moved anymore o_O That one was really like bad vs worse.. Tongue

So i'd say it'll be really equal chances for as well Russia as Spain...GL both .. cya in finals Winking Tongue Big grin

Regards,
Absti Cool

kek
{D*R*T} ABSTI wrote:

I was like WTF seeing those players producing one miss-pass after another

then u really missed the number of completed passes Absti. Spain had almost the double of Italy, was smth like 463-270 at a certain point. But nevertheless i am still going with Spain as favorites to win this shiznit Winking

{SGR}{SGR}WARNERMAN
warnerman's picture

Win to italy in any official game its no easy thing, italy as argentina have very hard defence game with some explosive atacks in just one of it make a goal and win the match. its really strange to see italy making a creative game (when its an official game) italy is well known because his defence.

imo yersterday game was a titan game, really hard from the begining to the end, both teams where fighting every ball and imo spain was who decided to take more risk trying to go more time to make a goal.

I really like this team i think we have now a very balanced team in all positions so if spain make what he know its very possible to beat again to russia, and ofc this time russina will not be the same so spain needs to take the next game with calm.

about germany and turkey who knows, this germany is very unestable infront so they can have a good day and make the game, but about turkey pfff hehe those guys are really animated Happy i think that match can go to extra time and maybe penalties too Happy lets see

If spain make it good with ru i like more a germany - spain in the finall
i really will enjoi this game as i did it yesterday with italy, the world champion.

gogogo podemos!!

Edit. i like more a final with germany to post here some nice dedications to mows team Big grin (jokin)

We has been felling ourself like a drop of water out of the ocean, smalls, weak, etc.
What if we introduce the drop into the ocean?
From that perspective the drop do not feel itself anymore small or weak ... Can u feel what it means?
http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=7590772592900521369&hl=es

{D*R*T} ABSTI
Absti's picture
kek wrote:

then u really missed the number of completed passes Absti. Spain had almost the double of Italy, was smth like 463-270 at a certain point. But nevertheless i am still going with Spain as favorites to win this shiznit Winking

well i was rather referring to both teams in the later parts of the game, felt like they both knew they wouldn't score a goal Smug
ITA really lacked a creative player in that game, Pirlo was great loss..

Anyway, u are right, from that angle, Spain played better .. but nevertheless it wasn't really dangerous at all too Winking

Regards,
Absti Cool

Spain probably had alot of pressure,cause they always dropped out in quarters or sometn,ive read they took down italians after 88 years or so,dont know exactly what it means but also 22.6 they always dropped out on penalties. So i guess MONSTER pressure there,That pressure is probably gone now so if they can lift their game up like when they started with euro they could be another nice surprise. (for some,for me they are never a surprise.)

imo fabregas should play from 1st minute Winking

shellingjoke
shellingjoke's picture

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

netherlands Sad

i almost cried. Crying Crying

russia deserved the victory, but Crying Crying Crying Crying
why didn't they play with their blue socks? Crying Crying
why didn't van basten bring robben? Crying Crying
why why why? Crying Crying Crying

I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every penguin that didnt wanna screw to save its species.

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
shellingjoke wrote:

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

netherlands Sad

i almost cried. Crying Crying

russia deserved the victory, but Crying Crying Crying Crying
why didn't they play with their blue socks? Crying Crying
why didn't van basten bring robben? Crying Crying
why why why? Crying Crying Crying

mow Q [EN]

why u almost cried, they dont deserver u cry, they have legal dope!

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
kek wrote:

{D*R*T} ABSTI wrote:

I was like WTF seeing those players producing one miss-pass after another

End stats are 608 to 365. Spain's good-to-bad passes ratio was 5:1, they had a big possession advantage, they kept pressing up against Italy, but they simply defended good, that's all there is too it. I definitely wouldn't say Spain played bad, not at all. This match reminded me heavily of the Germany v Croatia game, only Spain played better than the Germans did, and the Italians couldn't do any proper counters unlike Croatians.

I wouldn't let this match be any indication of how the Spain v Russia game will look. Aragones isn't a coaching noob like Van Basten, he won't make the same tactical errors.