Show your PC here.

230 replies [Last post]
eRRor369
eRRor369's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts:
Show your PC here.

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
2012MB RAM
Hard Drive:
320 GB Total
Video Card:
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
Realtek HD Audio output
Speakers/Headphones:
Trust
Keyboard:
Logitech
Mouse:
Razer DeathAdder
Mouse Surface:
Razer Goliathus Speed Edition
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

pew pew you're dead

AoQ | SIMPS
Simpson's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts:
Show your PC here.
Doomcore wrote:

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 oc-ed @ 4.1 ghz
Cooler: Scythe Kabuto
MBO: Asus RAMPAGE II EXTREME
RAM: 6GB, G.SKILL Trident series, DDR3 @ 2000MHz, 3 x 2GB
GPU: 2 x Radeon HD5870 1 GB DDR5 in CrossfireX mode
HD: 1 x 300.0 GB WD VelociRaptor 3000HLFS, 2 x 2 TB WD Caviar Black
Audio: RME FireFace 800
Optic: Pioneer Blu-ray BDR-202BK
PSU: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000W
Case: THERMALTAKE Armor+ VH6000BWS
Monitor: 23" Samsung P2370
Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Bought it recently....

lol shit system, no SSD Big grin

Phenom II X2 550 BE @ X4 @ 4x3.1Ghz 1.35v (Unlocked to Quad)
4GB DDR2 800 CL4
Sapphire HD6850 @930/1150Mhz

2!Sweet*83427
beazt's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts:
CZ Czech Republic
Show your PC here.
AoQ | SIMPS wrote:

Doomcore wrote:
CPU: Intel Core i7 940 oc-ed @ 4.1 ghz
Cooler: Scythe Kabuto
MBO: Asus RAMPAGE II EXTREME
RAM: 6GB, G.SKILL Trident series, DDR3 @ 2000MHz, 3 x 2GB
GPU: 2 x Radeon HD5870 1 GB DDR5 in CrossfireX mode
HD: 1 x 300.0 GB WD VelociRaptor 3000HLFS, 2 x 2 TB WD Caviar Black
Audio: RME FireFace 800
Optic: Pioneer Blu-ray BDR-202BK
PSU: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000W
Case: THERMALTAKE Armor+ VH6000BWS
Monitor: 23" Samsung P2370
Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Bought it recently....

lol shit system, no SSD Big grin

Big disadvantage of SSD discs is fragmentation and limited number of writes into memory. SSD discs are useful just for reading. You cant use SSD like normal hard disc (sure you can but after some time you will feel decelaration of reading/writing on disc)

superbad!
Divx's picture
Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts:
GB United Kingdom
Show your PC here.

ppl tend to use a ssd for their os and a normal hdd for storage?

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 780 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

ALEX.K
Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts:
Show your PC here.

My Pc -

Nah not really.

My pc (actually its a laptop but bleh)
Acer Aspire 6920G
Mouse 1 Roccat (I brought it for 62 euro, but I can say its failing to my logitech one) / Mouse 2 Logitech G5 / Mouse 3 Mx518 - Logitech (OLD.. like really)
Keyboard - Logitech G19, but it keeps overheating @ usb ports, even if I unplug it out of the electricity Worried, I swear the plastic even melted there.

And a crt screen lol. Win pc? Big grin

Edit: Oh btw, I chucked out my laptop keyboard cause it kept spamming random keys once I turned on the notebook. Really kept pissing me off Worried

AoQ | SIMPS
Simpson's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts:
Show your PC here.
2!Sweet*83427 wrote:

AoQ | SIMPS wrote:
Doomcore wrote:
CPU: Intel Core i7 940 oc-ed @ 4.1 ghz
Cooler: Scythe Kabuto
MBO: Asus RAMPAGE II EXTREME
RAM: 6GB, G.SKILL Trident series, DDR3 @ 2000MHz, 3 x 2GB
GPU: 2 x Radeon HD5870 1 GB DDR5 in CrossfireX mode
HD: 1 x 300.0 GB WD VelociRaptor 3000HLFS, 2 x 2 TB WD Caviar Black
Audio: RME FireFace 800
Optic: Pioneer Blu-ray BDR-202BK
PSU: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000W
Case: THERMALTAKE Armor+ VH6000BWS
Monitor: 23" Samsung P2370
Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Bought it recently....

lol shit system, no SSD Big grin

Big disadvantage of SSD discs is fragmentation and limited number of writes into memory. SSD discs are useful just for reading. You cant use SSD like normal hard disc (sure you can but after some time you will feel decelaration of reading/writing on disc)

newer SSDs have trim technology which clears unused sectors to archive full speed again. SSds get better and better and if i would have enaugh money i would buy some, at least for windows Big grin (but only if u could shit money xD)

Phenom II X2 550 BE @ X4 @ 4x3.1Ghz 1.35v (Unlocked to Quad)
4GB DDR2 800 CL4
Sapphire HD6850 @930/1150Mhz

*ZMB*ORBY*
Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts:
Show your PC here.
AoQ | SIMPS wrote:


newer SSDs have trim technology which clears unused sectors to archive full speed again. SSds get better and better and if i would have enaugh money i would buy some, at least for windows Big grin (but only if u could shit money xD)

yesss
soon i'll sell my 2 x 74gb Western Digital Raptor 10000rpm used for RAID0 for one or two SSD (depends on money) exclusively dedicated for OS use while the Caviar Black do excellently the dirty work of storage. perfect balance

oh i also have a 1tb Caviar green installed on my external gigabit NAS with integrated Bittorrent client..
what an absolute comfort to download with pc switched off Smug it also can be remote controlled (4ex by ur workplace pc) :Q__

2!Sweet*83427
beazt's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts:
CZ Czech Republic
Show your PC here.
AoQ | SIMPS wrote:

2!Sweet*83427 wrote:
AoQ | SIMPS wrote:
Doomcore wrote:
CPU: Intel Core i7 940 oc-ed @ 4.1 ghz
Cooler: Scythe Kabuto
MBO: Asus RAMPAGE II EXTREME
RAM: 6GB, G.SKILL Trident series, DDR3 @ 2000MHz, 3 x 2GB
GPU: 2 x Radeon HD5870 1 GB DDR5 in CrossfireX mode
HD: 1 x 300.0 GB WD VelociRaptor 3000HLFS, 2 x 2 TB WD Caviar Black
Audio: RME FireFace 800
Optic: Pioneer Blu-ray BDR-202BK
PSU: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000W
Case: THERMALTAKE Armor+ VH6000BWS
Monitor: 23" Samsung P2370
Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Bought it recently....

lol shit system, no SSD Big grin

Big disadvantage of SSD discs is fragmentation and limited number of writes into memory. SSD discs are useful just for reading. You cant use SSD like normal hard disc (sure you can but after some time you will feel decelaration of reading/writing on disc)

newer SSDs have trim technology which clears unused sectors to archive full speed again. SSds get better and better and if i would have enaugh money i would buy some, at least for windows Big grin (but only if u could shit money xD)

But this technology makes ssd writes/reads slower. And price of ssd is still senseless. Two fast discs in raid is still better solution than ssd.

..ZMB..EPYKOI
epykoi's picture
Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts:
Show your PC here.
*ZMB*ORBY* wrote:

AoQ | SIMPS wrote:

newer SSDs have trim technology which clears unused sectors to archive full speed again. SSds get better and better and if i would have enaugh money i would buy some, at least for windows Big grin (but only if u could shit money xD)

yesss
soon i'll sell my 2 x 74gb Western Digital Raptor 10000rpm used for RAID0 for one or two SSD (depends on money) exclusively dedicated for OS use while the Caviar Black do excellently the dirty work of storage. perfect balance

oh i also have a 1tb Caviar green installed on my external gigabit NAS with integrated Bittorrent client..
what an absolute comfort to download with pc switched off Smug it also can be remote controlled (4ex by ur workplace pc) :Q__

Ciao orbinho Happy
Please get in touch with me when you're going to sell your Raptorz Big grin



animalchik
fala.q3's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts:
Show your PC here.
2!Sweet*83427 wrote:

But this technology makes ssd writes/reads slower. And price of ssd is still senseless. Two fast discs in raid is still better solution than ssd.

not really Winking

first of all ssd have access time less than one ms (in case of sata it's around 14ms) seeing the difference? at the point ssd is 140 times faster than any sata disks.

second thing intel ssd have around 210MB/s
for comparing the best sata disk have 120MB/s

third thing is sata transfer drops down depending on the data location on the disc (physic location) down to 70MB/s while SSD transfer doesn’t drop at all, it is constant at 210MB/s

compare these hdtune screens

even if u comparing by the price one ssd vs two sata still raid0 performs worse than single ssd disk

see below, ssd is 140 times faster at access time, and his average speed is still faster by some MB, but just look at the minimum speed of both disks Winking Well u can actually made an 64GB array out of 1000GB to have constant transfer rate, then SATA might be better at transfer rate but the huge gap in access time between these disk makes a huge difference in preformance

if u have chance to make test, install some system on ssd use it around one week then for sure u will notice how huge the difference is Winking

I am addicted to life.