Railonly Freeze League 2012

166 replies [Last post]
/
q3fun's picture
zarzyn wrote:

Blitz wrote:
Blitz wrote:

Yes I don't like it too... After joining clans you changed cfg and now you want to change maps - it sux. What about ppl who don't want railmania or new map list ? If you want league then don't change settings when ppl accepted old settings ...

And I dont see any vote about this system of tie maps hmm?? He's egoist?

sorry bopoh . you dont miss that post ?

any way. do what you want

list of maps was not changed.

zarzyn
zarzyn's picture
BOPOH wrote:

FUBAR*ELITE'Z wrote:
27 maps , 17 non standard , far too many i think

maps list will be changed to decrease

my fail

Happy

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture

Its a big shame for all Railonly clans which they participate in OSRC 2, didnt join here. I was hoping until the end to step in all of them but it seems i was wrong. Nvm people, lets leave the past behind and look into the future. We will have our private fun without some of the "only how to win" or "in what cfg i am better " clans.
GL and HF everyone and lets rock en roll Big grin

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

/
q3fun's picture
zarzyn wrote:

BOPOH wrote:
FUBAR*ELITE'Z wrote:
27 maps , 17 non standard , far too many i think

maps list will be changed to decrease

my fail

let's not Winking

alienM
alienM's picture
Rayden was here wrote:

Its a big shame for all Railonly clans which they participate in OSRC 2, didnt join here. I was hoping until the end to step in all of them but it seems i was wrong. Nvm people, lets leave the past behind and look into the future. We will have our private fun without some of the "only how to win" or "in what cfg i am better " clans.
GL and HF everyone and lets rock en roll Big grin

F1

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture

Just a formality, but [13] will not enter cup, and neither will I pursue to join any of the participating clans, and won't make a cup+only team, due to several (14 in total) major problems with current cup rules ( actual problems with rules, not counting any grammatical errors, since then it would be closer to 40). They are, as follows:

1 - cup formation: another league, where everyone plays everybody. Those cups are boring, uncompetitive and take much longer then the Swiss tournament system/round robin mini-group cups.

2) maplist itself - horrible choice of maps

3) maplist map amount - having only 7 maps on list (drop 2 each, pick 1 each, remaining map is tie map) would have solved your problem. So would have a special maplist with different maps each game week (third map optional as tie map).

4) tie map system - priorities? Non-secular tie maps? Try 7 maps in a maplist or round based maps picked by cup organisers, because currenr system is bad.

5) Points system - a clan with 7 wins (100% win rate) can hypothetically finish below a clan with 4 wins and 3 losses. That doesn't seem like a broken system to anybody who willingly entered their clan?

6) points system 2 - this system is so wrong, it deserves two bullet points. Don't get me wrong, the idea for letting a clan have a point for losing the game in a tie map is honourable (it's stupid, since you can also take into account the map win/loss difference, but at least it carries a good-spirited intwntion, rewarding the people who tried, almost won, but lost a tie map). But punishing the winners by dropping a point? It just seems wrong. nb: seems rayden, after seeing the current table for plus, has agreed to vhange this system for future cups. Seems at least 2 people with cup organisation experience agree.

7) cl_timenudge = 0. Three things annoy me about timenudge: it's forced to 0, that on public servers it is apparently ranged within -30 and 30 (what is wrong with following credible quake3 mods and derivatives and capping it between -15 and 15) and that stupid people think it's an evil command and is paramount to cheating ( client side command minorly altering client perception between you, the server and other clients must be witchcraft!)

Cool if both clans can't agree on a date before deadline then wo: How about "if both clans don't agree on a date, then a supervisor forces a date?

9) "in this Event clans play clanwar until 2 won maps" - I wasnt going to pick grammatical errors, but why not just write "the wars in this tournament are run on a bo3 (best of 3) map template".

10) referee system - biggest flaw with excessive ranking is the mandatory referee requirement. I mean it helps people like Jeff stay off hard drugs like heroin by giving them an alternative thing to do at night, but that's the only positive. Some games don't require refs at all for their cup games, some have auromated bots which record MVDs, but this system has more negatives (waste of time when searching for ref, big brother syndrome, +1 spot on server being taken up, in this mod a ref is just a demo recorder in most cases) than the positives (record of game, a neuteral point of view on server)

11) all games must be played before start of next round - clans should be discouraged from playing their games too late/after their gameweek, if a clan wants to play their 7 wars in 2 days (and all their opponents accept challenge to play) then they should be allowed to do so, (and it is allowed in most major cups, apart from professional games and esports, where schedules are there for reasons such as spectator value, transport/event/traffic infrastructure and live coverage. There aren't excessiveplus hooligans crowding trains after every game with "rsqt" scarves around their necks and 12000 people won't watch day9 cast twt vs sneaky, so mi3 vs st would have to wait 30 minutes to start.

12) "if a clan has 2 consecutive WO, they are out of cup" - maybe just 2 wo, does it have to be consecutive?

13) "if clan make 2 mistake, will kicked from cup." "2 yellow card = kicked from cup" "each mistake is punish by yellow card". Would be nice to have a list of infractions which are punishable by a yellow card. For all we know, considering he already made important changes without consulting anyone, why not again. At least he was smart enough to remove all the ")))" brackets when putting his rules into Google translate.

14) Cup organiser has no co-supervisors to help him out. Would have been ok since it is considered a small cup. Except, this cup organiser has no cup experience in running cups, does not have a high enough level of maturity to stay impartial in matters which would involve him or his clan, is quick to accuse people of cheating despite being a proven cheater himself (if I am wrong on this one, then at least he has cheaters in his clan, for example teq), and finally, his proficiency in English is not on a high enough level to run this cup.

So yea, I would have totally would have joined this cup if not for a terrible maplist, a broken tie map system, uncompetitive cup layout, horrible timing (HEY GUYS FUCK EURO2012 FINAL, LET'S ALL PLAP INSTAGIB WITH GRENADE ÜND BFG),ambiguous rules at make little sense and a supervisor with little to no intelligence as well as no ability to speak English*.

* please note that i didn't nitpick any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors - everyone is prone to them, and learning a new language can be hard, and this place is littered with double-past tense verbs and mix-ups anyway, and as long as people understand you it is okay but seriously? Hello I Бопох, real name Vasya I make cup please joinink for to be fun maybe success word yes many like potato карусель yes yellow card dupa w chuje Krakowskom))))

Pizdec4life

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

Rayden was here
georgekotz's picture
.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:

There aren't excessiveplus hooligans crowding trains after every game with "rsqt" scarves around their necks and 12000 people won't watch day9 cast twt vs sneaky, so mi3 vs st would have to wait 30 minutes to start.

Hahaha this is the part i like it the most Happy
So this message is for all the clan out there. Dont mess with rsqt coz we will send our hooligans :DDDDD
For the most of the things you say you are right ( points system, bad language, etc...) . I dont trust him either coz i catch him having cheats on his HD few weeks ago. Also his behavior sux but for sure i will step in to finish this event if many bullshits will happen. You have my word on that and you know how i can handle some situations Happy. So if we have a deal then 13 clan will be in?

Real life is more important then Virtual life
Dont forget that

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture

Hehe thanks for invite and nice that an experienced cup organiser is willing to take over if things go wrong, but there are only 3 13s available since 2 dudes finished their university year and are about on holiday, and there is massive competition from our dudes in diablo3, pokerstars, league of legends and dota2. We might not even get 4 people for tomorrow's war.

The remaining 3 dudes (me, aids, hard) were planning to join a weaker clan to help them play better, but some things changed so one deal fell through so we stopped looking/caring after some talk and the fact euro2012 is starting in 6 days.

My backup plan was to make a team just for this cup with some friends, but I got talked out of it for same reason - euro2012, summer, lack of interest from other guys (plus I will do cup admin work for clanbase summercup, kuh3liga ctf and a cpm one-day tdm cup, which will all be time consuming), so organising a team would be hard and not very rewarding (nothing to do with wins or losses).

But if someone else makes a team, I would gladly help by joining and inviting some friends over)) and play (as long as wars dont clasg with football matches or other quake events I am attending))

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

[MR.]KAKTUS
KaKTus's picture

Sing dunno in.
Also Nanamoon is in dunno, she just cant accept invitation at this moment Happy just for your info and not to make her having penalty..

Also i think dunno looks for some players, slap me or nana if you are interested. (pm would be great)

2 beer or not 2 beer

ASSCARI * DSS wrote:
Kaktus has beer instead of brain, so better dont wait for him Tongue

eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture
Re: Railonly Freeze League 2012
.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:

10) referee system - biggest flaw with excessive ranking is the mandatory referee requirement. I mean it helps people like Jeff stay off hard drugs like heroin by giving them an alternative thing to do at night, but that's the only positive

YEY i'm famous, our super troll team up m8 with mad has used my name in a post !

Autographs after games pls ^^