Overclocked USB port to 500Hz or more...

37 replies [Last post]
CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture

What do you think about overclocking usb port. How many Hz has your USB and what mouse do you have?

I dont know if is better using 125Hz or 500Hz USB for gaming. Iam prefering lower sensitivity and turned acceleration. Can somebody help me with dilema?

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

CAMPMAN^
stoffel's picture

i think self 125hz are faster as you Big grin

i mean isnt advance.

BUGS *WGVD* wrote:

The Marcel Reich-Ranicki of Quake has spoken Winking jk

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

There has been a big disscussion about this some time ago. You may want to search for it (i think it was in bug report).

In short:

bigger refresh, more acurate mouse pointer behaviour with 1000hz (used by most it seems) your mouse pointer moves 8 times more precise than with 125hz.
    more refresh, seems to cause more "aoutoshooting" bug, when your fire gets stuck, and you have to click your left mouse button to stop it.

i forgot most, search for the thread Winking

[/]

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

EVOL.DIABLO

1000 mhz rox:P i love it

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Overclocked USB port to 500Hz or more...
EVOL.DIABLO wrote:

wanna see an 1000 mhz usb port ;D

nah i think thre is no problem with playing on 125 hz Surprise
and if im right my bro said some time ago: normally u dont need more than frames per second Surprise

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

ghost
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

EVOL.DIABLO wrote:

wanna see an 1000 mhz usb port ;D

nah i think thre is no problem with playing on 125 hz Surprise
and if im right my bro said some time ago: normally u dont need more than frames per second Surprise

yors brother is wrong, this is not fps, if u do play q3 at 125fps yors mouse move much faster than yors framrate is, to see pointer more precysion on fast move u must get up yors usb port rate

{D*R*T} FAITH
Faith's picture

veg wrote:

Quote:

correct me if im wrong, but isnt 1kHz too much for mx518?.

btw. ive noticed that autoshot bug isnt related to usb rate, i had it on std rates and oc'ed also Smug

Warren G
FELiX's picture

it not too much, but 1000 Hz on all mouse is not stable like 500 Hz. That why i recommend 500hz

btw it not 1000mHz but 1000 Hz, cuz 1Hz is one time per sek and 1mHz is 1 000 000 times per sek so:
1 MHz = 1000 kHz = 1 000 000 Hz

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

Quote:
W L C: btw. ive noticed that autoshot bug isnt related to usb rate, i had it on std rates and oc'ed also Smug

it hapens on ps/2 and serial as well, but it hapens more often, the higher your refresh is.

i think mine has 125, and it doesnt hapen that often. when my bro clocked his higher, this thing started to hapen once a day (with me is more like once a week).

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

EVOL.DIABLO
W L C wrote:

veg wrote:

Quote:

correct me if im wrong, but isnt 1kHz too much for mx518?.

btw. ive noticed that autoshot bug isnt related to usb rate, i had it on std rates and oc'ed also Smug

it isnt Winking

emaciej's picture

check my post here, also read whole topic for further details

http://forums.excessiveplus.net/viewtopic.php?t=1826&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

[code:1]RAVEN.SOUL wanna see an 1000 mhz usb port ;D[/code:1]

"tweaking mouse" means you tweak usb port refresh rate, not the mouse, mouse is always the same but your mainboard thru usb port demends informations with higher rate