Overclocked USB port to 500Hz or more...

37 replies [Last post]
CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

more refresh, seems to cause more "aoutoshooting" bug, when your fire gets stuck, and you have to click your left mouse button to stop it.

Yes, i have problem with this. Paradox is, that this bug started if youre in fast situation. And if weapon shooting automaticly, youre shooting out of target (enemy) and if youre finally aim to enemy, your weapon reloading Happy

Paradox no2 is, that i had better aim with my old cheap genius mouse than with razer diamondback magma with excelent optical sensor:-) I was sterted this topic because i want to go back to 125hz Happy

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

parasight [E+]
parasight's picture

I use 500Hz with my Diamondback. I'm very happy with it, movement feels much smoother and I don't plan to go back to 125Hz. This is not only an advantage in Quake, I can work more precisely in my graphics applications. I didn't go up to 1000Hz out of concern for my other usb devices, and because the autoshoot bug started to appear.

The autoshoot bug has been explained in the Razer FAQ:

Quote:
Try typing this in the Q3 console:

\in_mouse -1
\in_restart

The standard input method for Q3 is buffered DirectInput (in_mouse 1), and it receiveing mouse reports at 1000 times a second could cause the buffer to chocke up and disregard some mouse events, as the buffer size is pre-defined and IIRC not dynamic.

in_mouse -1 reverts Q3 back to standard Win32 mouse handling, which is event based an has no buffer.

Use in_mouse -1, as the DI implementation has about 12ms lag, and the non-DI implementation has no lag. The only problem with in_mouse -1 is the risk of mouse movement being clipped by the edge of the screen, which is a fairly large problem in CPMA. At 640x480 at 125 FPS you will most likely will run into this problem, and the best way around it seems to be using On-the-Fly sensitivity to reduce your mouse to about 800dpi (or you might be able to do just that thru the Razer control panel) and adjust your Q3 sensitivity accordingly.

So there is a work-around but it sucks. If you experience the bug, stick to 500Hz instead of 1000Hz and you'll have a lower risk of it occurring.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

Thanx for the info para.

Tell me, without di what exactly hapens? If you hir "edge of screen" mouse stops? or behaves wierd?

what if you turned on the option to skip mouse pointer. i know old genius drivers had it, and some old logitech ones. you mouse to right edge, it shows on left.

would that help in this case?

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

EQUILIBRIUM
telox's picture

I have found out how to change the rate of the PS/2 mouse, but what value of the packets should i better have? I have it now set to 100.

Thanks in advance,
Equilibrium

----------------------
|ZOO| team - Connecting people.

slan
slan's picture

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/81/

btw, is there a way to change mouse wheel sensitivity (in quake)?

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

Depends if you have analogue or digital mouse wheel.

In first case you do it with mouse drivers.

In second case, no.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

ghost
EQUILIBRIUM wrote:

Can anyone tell me where can i find an overclocking program for a PS/2 port? PS2Rate doesn't seem to work on my XP it can't find the file in same directory with .exe, how ever i have put it in there. Is there maybe some other way to do it without the program? Maybe editing some entry in the registry would do? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,
Equilibrium

change ps2 rate is avilable as default in xp Happy

dont remember exacly where to find it cosue im do use usb port by long time now, but propably in hadware manager > mouse

the tool u dl. is for windows98 Happy

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
ghost wrote:

the tool u dl. is for windows98 Happy

jippie i use win98 a tool for me Big grin

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

EQUILIBRIUM
telox's picture

So what about the packets? 100 packets is enough you think, people? I can set maximum 300 packets.

Thanks in advance,
Me

----------------------
|ZOO| team - Connecting people.

-
Zbych's picture

I have mx518, first I set my USB at 250Hz, the refresh rate was stabe so I changed it to 500Hz and it started to jump from 500 to 100Hz. Anyway I changed it to 1000Hz. 1000Hz never show up so I back to 250Hz. Any ideas, advice? I have USB 1.0 maybe thats the problem Thinking