Excessive Plus v1.04-beta6

116 replies [Last post]
lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
RONiN wrote:

I already explained my position about this matter in another topic that was deleted by mistake. Personally, i have no problems with working together. However, i wasn't the one offended, so i can't speak for everyone.

Also, edawn wasn't reverse engineered from e+: that is one painful process that takes a lot of time and effort and you never get a software exactly equal as the original one or with the exact same bugs. The fact is edawn was based on 1.04beta2.

And finally, the edawn team (not all of them, but at least some of its heads) has no desire to join. You can notice that if you read this thread i started on edawn forum back when its first public beta was released. You can notice all their arrogance in their replies, which imo is the biggest reason why edawn is failing.

However, i somewhat thanks edawn because if it hasnt come out and i wasnt treated like crazy on its forums i wouldnt have joined the dev team. Winking

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

outofhere!
hook's picture
oldskool'hammer wrote:

Hi all

We just updated borg HQ to beta6
I have a question , the e5r cfg we made that worked very nice on beta5 ,
but it seems it totally dont work on beta6 ... all weapon selects are totally messed up now Big grin
Someone knows the right settings to use for that ?
Or could give us a little bit help ?

Regards
Borgteam

yo hammer

here is the e5rbeta.cfg

http://forums.excessiveplus.net/viewtopic.php?t=29909

greets asphyx

Fragmovies and more Arrow Click ME!

AsphyxEvents Website Arrow Click ME!

asfsafaggag

omg the ping increased heavy Shock Shock Shock

before with beta 5, i had on beer 35 ms and on aim 40 ms

with beta 6 i have fucked up 50 ms on aim and on beer 40-45 wtf . Evil

thought they make it better each update, BACK TO BETA 5 Chatterbox.

voodoo
lagstard wrote:

RONiN wrote:

And finally, the edawn team (not all of them, but at least some of its heads) has no desire to join. You can notice that if you read this thread i started on edawn forum back when its first public beta was released. You can notice all their arrogance in their replies, which imo is the biggest reason why edawn is failing.

What arrogance? I can only see disbelief in easy wich is kinda caused by his long, no sign of life disappearance. Contrary I see arrogance when one says he was not offered help when he was for example. Thou I dont know why Im writing this as I dont play any of these mods since like 5-6 months Tongue

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

i dont think you were treated as a mad man... i think everyone was bitter about how the community was treated.

anyway, i dont know what happened 'behind the scenes' but it seems like term and foksie need some of that special loving together as people keep on referring to them in particular. if they could come to an understanding, i'm sure others would soon see it is for the better and support it.

beast, i an intrigued to know what sort of a deal you have with easy (and the others) do you have equal rights as a dev? please be honest. also i like the way you have stepped up to the plate, you are a brave man... good luck.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
Excessive Plus v1.04-beta6
lagstard wrote:

And finally, the edawn team (not all of them, but at least some of its heads) has no desire to join. You can notice that if you read this thread i started on edawn forum back when its first public beta was released.

due to a long process, there is no chance edawn organisation gets along with easy/term. (easy might be less of a problem since he basically would start to be away all the time anyways Tongue )

its good to see both sides actually start about discussing each others mistake.

however i fear there will be no final good solution for the community since the point of no takebacks has been reached months ago.

however beast, honest gl fixing bugs for example, double powerup or the sensitivity bug which actually is related to a e+ feature if i remember right.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

edy+
Site administrator
edy's picture
RONiN wrote:

i dont think you were treated as a mad man... i think everyone was bitter about how the community was treated.

anyway, i dont know what happened 'behind the scenes' but it seems like term and foksie need some of that special loving together as people keep on referring to them in particular. if they could come to an understanding, i'm sure others would soon see it is for the better and support it.

beast, i an intrigued to know what sort of a deal you have with easy (and the others) do you have equal rights as a dev? please be honest. also i like the way you have stepped up to the plate, you are a brave man... good luck.

i dont know nobody tell me something

easy
Developer
easy's picture

Ok, everyone said something. Now please let it alone and get ontopic.

Download it, play it, test it and report the bugs so we can aim towards a final release.

*ZMB*INSANEKID*
InsaneKid's picture

Forgive means Forgive;
no discussions or sortin out! Winking

HELLA
Scarstruck's picture

I have a few suggestions for this CFG. A this seems to be the main one played now. And as it's a beta it seems appropriate to ask some things.

1. You know if you get killed just after firing a rocket/bfg the projectiles disappear. Could we have it so the projectiles continue even after you are fragged or get frozen. This would add in my opinion a more interesting and fair element to the game.

For example: I'm in a tight corridor or room, and I see the enemy coming and I fire a BFG. Lets say the oncoming enemy rails me coming into the small corridor, but is also heading towards my bfg shot.The enemy won't get hit because their shot landed first killing/freezeing me thus cancelling my BFG shot.

This is unrealistic in my opinion. In a more realistic situation, even though I got hit first by the rail, my BFG shot should still continue in that I have a chance to get a revenge frag back. Obviously it depends on the situation, my shot might miss, but if the said enemy WAS in face on target with my BFG shot, then they should also get hit and fragged.

I so often fire a nice bfg or rocket, but then to have it cancelled as I get railed first. I'm sure many of you when playing have the same feeling. BFG/rockets shots shouldn't merely disappear, and in normal games this doesn't happen.

2. Get rid of the damn shield powerup, it lasts too long, and you are unable to do anything to anyone with it, and those who do have it are god basically for like 10 seconds... which in e+ game is a long time.

Thx let me know what you think. Though I stress more emphasis on point number 1 as opposed to number 2 as that's more subjective.

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 | Steelpad QCK Mass | SteelSeries Siberia V2 | 23" LG W2361V