2.2b Backdoor?!

97 replies [Last post]
madbringer
Madbringer's picture
animalchik wrote:

The command he have used is hidden because it is for developers not for admins..Making it public, is not valid at all, its act of puristic stupidy, they haven't discovered the command themselves some retard who have access to beta corner told them, and they did a boho!! TROJAN BACKDOR WATCH OUT!

Fair enough.

But then again, you can't blame a guy for being concerned about that. Maybe you should have told the bigshot server owners about this, at least.

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture

this is not a backdoor,
no-one can exploit this whatever nice stuffs you say in here...
so i don't understand what is the point of this thread.
this thread wont do anything good.
_________
epsislow

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

He's annoyed that people can extract information about players on his server without his knowledge. I don't think that's unreasonable.

animalchik
fala.q3's picture
madbringer wrote:

He's annoyed that people can extract information about players on his server without his knowledge. I don't think that's unreasonable.

OMG... probably when u go to their server and do exploit /stats 7 u going to be banned

aside of course people don't know the cmd do exist, until now, so they couldn't use it at all...

I am addicted to life.

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Again, you could have avoided all this if you contacted the major server owners and explained the purpose of this thing to them. I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, enough of my bullshit.

2!S*Monk!
NewBMonK's picture

about anti chat prog.

an aimboter or a autoshooter are much more easily detectable with the eye in game.

so why not devs concentrate their efforts for an anti-cheat programs that could help to detect wallhackers?

about backdoor: e+ is like facebook now Big grin

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture

The anticheat is working but we keep an eye on it, where is the problem ?
you want to use it and get/use the good results , but you don't want to let this "backdoor" thing on because you don't trust the ppl that can do it, this is the problem ?

The one who told you about this in the first place could've told you that there is a way to "disable it", but if one time you will have a false positive and get banned as cheater with the anticheat don't blame us for not knowing.
i think its balanced.

@monk: good luck tracking edge shots , or flickshots instead of aimbots with your eyes.

APOLLO
APOLLO's picture
eu.jeff wrote:

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
And "ranking being frozen for 2 weeks" was simply because Skullhead found out that the masterpassword can be changed so you can't hoard stats from every CW during that time (note: apparently not everyone changed, so they froze the rankings just cos there's a possibility they might not check EVERY cw).

i tought it was because you can use xp_modelscale as a WH thats why they implent a new line to PB and froze ranking, now that the new release is here, xp_modelscale doesnt go higher then 1 ( means model is fully stretch to fit the hitbox completly and doesnt go x2 as the hitbox self )

Ty very much

Aha, it really is. Sad

I've suspected for a long time that some admin's (on certain servers)
use it that way. I could not prove it.
Nice that this comes out.

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.
Never Be The First To Get Old!! Happy

I am not responsible for what you think or say, just for what I say!
I never howl with the wolves, don't speak another to hear.
I have my own opinion & I insist.
Those who do not get along have only themselves to blame.

FranK
frank's picture

Imagine if microsoft used these tactics... public outcry, board of enquiry etc.

there are laws against accessing private data without the owners/creators consent.

"Beauty can cover a multitude of sins. But underneath, we all look exactly the same."

Frank Breitkopf :- no way out

pacevile

Wow this is wtf

Total bs

No privileged access besides owners should exist without they're knowledge.
It's common sense.