Forum moderator
Zack's picture
59% (40 votes)
No
41% (28 votes)
Total votes: 68
Laktos
Trollet's picture

Never played it, so I can't decide. If the smoothnes is similar to cpma, i would give it a try.
Any download link perhaps?

Alla blå bär är blå bär - även blåbär - men det är bara blåbär som är blåbär.
A cloud pooped out a rainbow turd.

mow Q [EN]

Well, what we need to go back to 1.02b?

- Serveradmins must stay together, otherwise e+ will became more chaos as it is now. Especially newbies, which are more important for this mod as the old farts, will have problems. They download logically 1.03, then they try to join a 1.02b Server and CAN'T. This is more dangerous for E+ as 1.03 itself. Maybe just remove 1.03 from downloadpage and voila, 1.02b would be current version again, and serveradmins would be more or less forced to use 1.02b.

Imo better would be, if we could finally speak with easy JUST ONCE! And tell him, to leave his ideas for 1.04 and give us and 1.03b which would be 1.02b just with new spawnsystem and removed railswitchbug. This would be imo the best possible version of e+ now.

Anyway, if people are interested, i could do the unity 1v1 server for a trailtime on 1.02b and see how it is used then.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

i made a 1.02b pack a month or so ago, all patches up to 1.02b together, since full 1.02b install is no longer on e+ website.

imo, this might only be a good option for clan wars or such, for public it would mean a swift death to the mod.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

=ANU815=
outeris's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

Well, what we need to go back to 1.02b?

- Serveradmins must stay together, otherwise e+ will became more chaos as it is now. Especially newbies, which are more important for this mod as the old farts, will have problems. They download logically 1.03, then they try to join a 1.02b Server and CAN'T. This is more dangerous for E+ as 1.03 itself. Maybe just remove 1.03 from downloadpage and voila, 1.02b would be current version again, and serveradmins would be more or less forced to use 1.02b.

Imo better would be, if we could finally speak with easy JUST ONCE! And tell him, to leave his ideas for 1.04 and give us and 1.03b which would be 1.02b just with new spawnsystem and removed railswitchbug. This would be imo the best possible version of e+ now.

Anyway, if people are interested, i could do the unity 1v1 server for a trailtime on 1.02b and see how it is used then.

yes, good points,
il give it a try, and give some test period maybe one or couple month, to see what and how, ofcc this will beter thing if all agree togheter

The majority of people think they think, when really they just change their prejudices. Understanding is a matter of will in most cases.

Lietuvių excessiveplus draugija - Lithuanians National Team
Linux (1st E17+Compiz powered ! Built on Debian GNU/Linux.)

MODDB.com all cool things for Quake III Arena @ one place from E+

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN!
ShadyAK's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

i made a 1.02b pack a month or so ago, all patches up to 1.02b together, since full 1.02b install is no longer on e+ website.

imo, this might only be a good option for clan wars or such, for public it would mean a swift death to the mod.

Actually like 2 months ago.

It was uploaded to some megarapidshackuploadshare, (after a bout of 1.02 EIS SO AWESOME) and Mr Florin EVEN STARTED RUNNING ON HIS SERVER FOR THAT EVENING.

Anywaj, foksie tryed to find right conf while we played 1v1 (me, madbringer, Lakitu, Ratz and then for a shor time Digit)... and it actually seemed a very skilled mod because of lower switchtime... reactions needed to be improved, and despite starting to get raped at starts of maps... i didnt get whooped completely. Also it was slightyl different comsetically, but thats another thing...

Personally i htink this is just another 1-week fab to make ppl not quit mod... but it will be fun nonetheless. Kinda like last year... when a bunch of ppl started just spontaneously played a few m0ve games privately (pick up style). It was Crat, Ratz, Mr Florin, Foksie, Absti, Oska, Flex ( i thinkk anyway) while on Team Speak... that shit was fun... Same as a few months ago when xXx couldnt find fw so we just ended up randomly inviting friends for a simple 4v4/5v5 and ended up playing 9v9 cos there were 18 ppl Big grin (freeze game was very good, tdm a lil crowded Big grin)... both were very VERY fun, and i think we all know what the key ingridient to that was... NO SKULL... (i think he might have just not been invited to 2nd one come to think of it :f) thats right ppl... that ELEMENT IS KEY TO KEEPING THIS MOD ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

:roll: Or just random games where u invite friends and start playing pickup style on private servers... THAT AND FWS... LOTS AND LOTS OF FWS!!!!!!!!!!111

[+]

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT) wrote:
nonsense repellent declamatory

Yes. Immediatly. Without ever looking back.

But mow said some good points,a mutual agreement would need to be acheived with easy or u have a sword with 2 blades: the veterans and older players will be satisfied but the newcomers wont know how to join 1.02b servers unless they visit the forums. Actually we only need 1-2 servers for start,1v1 and freeze (id like a freeze server more) so we can test activity and see how it goes.

Making an upgraded 1.02b version to 1.03b would probably require alot of free time too,i doubt easy would decide for this move. Again the problem is we arent informed about progress of 1.04.

emaciej's picture

What about making just 2 PASSWORDED servers with 1.02b. Two gametypes, 1 server with 1vs1 and second one with freeze (with extended voting system that allows to switch to TDM or CTF).
Passwords for servers should be posted on forums so everyone can join.

This way newcomers can enter only 1.03 servers, and if someone is interesting deeper in E+ he will find passwords for sure.

As for different versions of E+, I have all of them backed up, like they were released on official E+ website.

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
1.02b

as i already said, we could introduce pickup again to e+ but this time with 1.02b
the irc channel would be still avaible Happy also the website.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

RENA * BBSQUAD
Renatalis's picture

F1 for 1.02 !

BBSQUAD CLAN
- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die...

emaciej's picture

Uploaded to rapidshare.

Eplusversions.7z contains of:
xp-1.0.zip
xp-1.01-beta.zip
xp-1.02b-full.zip
xp-1.03-full.zip
xp-1.04-beta2.zip

total size 39,4 MB

[code:1]http://rapidshare.com/files/151432802/Eplusversions.7z.html[/code:1]