1.02b

68 replies [Last post]
mow Q [EN]

well, remove (backup) pak3.pk3 and add pak2b.pk3 is the same easy way, just move files.

1.03 =
pak0.pk3 and pak3.pk3

1.02b =
pak0.pk3 and pak2b.pk3

Of course in the excessiveplus folder.

emaciej's picture

Orbital's way is fine also you can do something like this:

1. Create 2 folders on your desktop and name them "1.02b" and "1.03"
2. Extract xp-1.02b-full.zip into "1.02b"
3. Copy folder your/path/to/quake/excessiveplus into "1.03"
4. Copy your_player.cfg into "1.02b" folder
5. Now you should have "1.02b" and "1.03" folders, inside of both of them you have "excessiveplus" folder with content of appropriate version.

Then when you want to play you just delete your/path/to/quake/excessiveplus folder and copy/paste content from "1.02b" or "1.03", depend which version you want to play.

Menphis and me just had some 1,5 h fun of playing on Mow's server. I already forgot how it was on 1.02b. It's completely different play style then 1.03. What I like most is that you must aim with every weapon, not shoot blindly. Spam is impossible, rail switch bug didn't occur. We just played and had loads of fun. Even though Men owned me most of time Big grin

I am afraid not everybody will like 1.02b. It was almost shock for me, what about ppl who never played this before...
Also we don't have enough players to fill freeze server for now, let's see how this goes in next few days.

*ZMB*SKINNIS*
skinnis's picture

Ty guys! Happy

madbringer wrote:

How 'bout you 'bicker' off back to your sandbox, someone is pissing in your little plastic bucket.

CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture
1.02b

lets go back old times Big grin weeeeeee

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture
Laktos wrote:

Never played it, so I can't decide. If the smoothnes is similar to cpma, i would give it a try.
Any download link perhaps?

F1 for me too

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

kraster
kraster's picture

Big up for Mow !! Best 1v1 server now with 1.02b added also . What can u ask for more? Once again, good job Winking .

Hopefully the old good times will be back and we'll finally have a 1v1 server full of good ppl & nice atmosphere.

Cheers and see you on the sever Cool (hopefully ill finally fix pb also Chatterbox )

^kraster

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

fixed all problems with cfg and spent a few hours playing there Smug kicks ass!

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

mow Q [EN]

well, just want to remind this. and i worrie about the after-1.03 players, they cant spam in there as they are used to Happy

mow Q [EN] wrote:

well, just want to remind this. and i worrie about the after-1.03 players, they cant spam in there as they are used to Happy

Anything is better then 1.03... rail bug and spawn system are the only problems while on 1.03 u have 20+ bugs/problems... so i rather take 1.02 over 1.03 at any day. Thx for the server,finally no lag anymore!! I was going insane on popular todays server like beer and aim,with ping of 100-150 with 10% packet loss,cursing at ISP untill today i had nice rock stable 50-ish ping on your 1.02b server after MONTHS of agony...lemme repeat...MONTHS. Hoping to play freeze in 1.02b soon...would kick ass!

emaciej's picture

Since months I had fun of playing quake, keep it going.

Mow like I said on server, post rotation please, ppl often disconnecting on map change.