XP Qname 2.0

125 replies [Last post]
GG
GG's picture
¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__ wrote:

GG wrote:
There is a suggestion based on bbc idea http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/rampage/djrelay/namegenerator/ to generate quake names for newcomers to avoid default "ExcessivePlayer". Just add new tab to your application ALi... M?

Add more precision/infos pls.

Ever looked flash name generator at url I pointed? ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Im offering to add the same in your application as a one more tab.
Okay. Let you have db file with male/female names, another table with "evil" words eg frag/killer/master/etc, some other tables with something else cool expressions - all that is a base for generating quake name directly in color codes/fonts your app already working with but taking into account user input/selection he/she made (see url again): male/female, play style railonly/ftag/duels, real users name Ivan/Ali/Natasha/......
Understood?

✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❋
¡Adiós!
\'o♥o'/

.:Green:.-=Girl=-

PUS!K

who can give me this program???

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture
PUS!K wrote:

who can give me this program???

yourself check first post of this thread while connected to e+ website, you will find a download link.

Wanna avoid seeying mow, skull & co Surprise

Check this peacefull place

mow Q [EN]

u also can find it in ur tools folder of e+

BOZO
Bozo's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

u also can find it in ur tools folder of e+

but not 1.0 Big grin

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture

Hi, I will make an update soon of this tool, if you have some improvements to ask pls say it Happy

incoming changes :

• countries.properties file not needed anymore. countries names/code are read from ipdb.db placed within excessiveplus folder of the application
  • documentation files are reorganised

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture

Version 1.1 :
Arrow Chg : Countries.properties file is no more needed, now countries are read directly from the sqlite ipdb.db file within excessiveplus folder

Arrow Chg : the name of the jar is renamed to simply xpQname.jar

Arrow Chg : the help files (htm and text) and readme are now placed on docs folder

Arrow Add : a new folder (lib) has apeared where shared libraries are placed

QUICK

wow, cool
aliasing fixed too?

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture
QUICK wrote:

wow, cool
aliasing fixed too?

Nop, else i would have said it.
It needs more efforts & time to find out where is the problem Happy, and I need it to complete another tool, but shht Winking

^t
smasherchif's picture

some suggestions, if you don't mind, ali Tongue

1. make a 'translate' of normal latin characters to one of the charsets (old xp font and new xp font). what it should look like? for example, i type my nick (illca) with *keyboard*, then i press one of two buttons (or smth) and got my nick typed with one of fancy fonts (i.e., 'translated' from regular latin chars to those ones used in fancy fonts) Happy . sometimes it really annoyes to click multiple chars in qname's charmap to type one's nick or whatever.
2. make an auto-alphagradient generator with selecting pattern (+maybe a color grad) to automate creation of such effects for text that *have been already typed*. so, for example, i type my nick Tommy 'The Tit', then i select pattern (or/and 'alpha-step' - the amount of chars to skip before each next alpha tag), then press a button - voi la, i got an alphagrad Happy

ps. yeah, i'm a lazy ass Happy if i was the author of xpqname i surely would implement that functionality, but since i'm not, it's up to you, ali Big grin

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
Fuck! I just thought of the most awesome pun about the BC vs Smurfs final game and the flames that followed :
"In Soviet Moldavia, Pole rages YOU"
like 2 months after Call me

3M'darkangel wrote:
// 09:30:49 27.06.2010, UNKNOWN LOCATION,
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote:
People are training hard to hide their autoshoot so well while gain enough skills to win (or at least compete on similar level) without them. This is getting insane or provoked. I feel like I would cut myself with Ockham's Razor if I claim a cheat there.