intact-epsilon's picture

Oh the shame.

RedMesa2391
RedMesa2391's picture

Yes:

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
Re: World Cup 2014

England facepalm. Guess they'll be singing Two World Wars and one World Cup for a bit longer.

RedMesa2391
RedMesa2391's picture

I've just been singing: "we're shit and we know we are! we're shit and we know we are!"

I am alone in that though, we'll be out and everyone over here in England will be coming up with reasons why we lost, aside from the fact we just weren't as good as Italy or Uruguay, that's what we always do when we loose the world cup.

I like Uruguay anyway, they're a cool country, I was sort of rooting for them anyway.

I'm also hoping Brazil go out early, so that some of the smokescreen their government is using to detract attention from all the protests over their will dissipate. They haven't been great so far so maybe.

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture
Re: World Cup 2014
RedMesa2391 wrote:

I am alone in that though, we'll be out and everyone over here in England will be coming up with reasons why we lost, aside from the fact we just weren't as good as Italy or Uruguay, that's what we always do when we loose the world cup.

Yes, that was always a bit perplexing to me. Last time around I remember there was this massive drive to see England as contenders, and then Germany happened. I think you are a quarter final-type of team at your best and there's no shame in that. But I guess that puts Svennis coaching accomplishment in a new light, have you even placed better since he left? And he got tons of shit.

METEORKID
Forum moderator Rank moderator
Meteorkid's picture

Quote:
I've just been singing: "we're shit and we know we are! we're shit and we know we are!"

I am alone in that though, we'll be out and everyone over here in
England will be coming up with reasons why we lost, aside from the fact
we just weren't as good as Italy or Uruguay, that's what we always do
when we loose the world cup.

Naa i agree. England is shit. I should move country. Smug

Ov3r ? dunnO !
OV3RK1LL's picture

With Spain and England out of game, be afraid of Italy, Argentina and Netherlands, they are good teams and could win. I did'nt expect such bad brazil's performance and the same about Belgium. Ithink Brazil is too nervous at the moment but finding a good psychological's balance they could be very dangerous. Belgium by hiside is paying for a lack of international experience IMAO.

RedMesa2391
RedMesa2391's picture
[MR.]MIRCWAR wrote:

Yes, that was always a bit perplexing to me. Last time around I remember there was this massive drive to see England as contenders, and then Germany happened. I think you are a quarter final-type of team at your best and there's no shame in that. But I guess that puts Svennis coaching accomplishment in a new light, have you even placed better since he left? And he got tons of shit.

We ranked 6th in '02 and 7th in '06 under Eriksson's management, best we'd done since ranking 4th in 1990 under Robson and a lot better than ranking 13th in '10 under Capello. So he's the best England manager in 24 years.

He did get a lot of shit, I think that's a product of 2 factors, the fan's unrealistic expectations and the fact that we just love a good moan. To be fair he did an okay job perhaps not amazing but no one could say that.

◀█ BIG BOB
expedion's picture

I don't know. Netherlands is performing great but then again I'm also thinking they're just facing opponents at the moment that ARE generally good but are just playing really shit this time.