Version 2.0a problem.....

12 replies [Last post]
Lowlander[NAM]
lowlandernam's picture
I can't get the grapple working in V2.0a.

On the server side the grapple is ON (Offhand Grapple: 1)
/bindlist shows : mouse2 "+button5"

Still NO GRAPPLE...........

Does anybody has any ideas on this ????

Thanks

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

You are doing something wrong then, the grapple is working fine. Maybe the config file is not written right (btw, its Grapple->Offhand = 1; instead of Offhand Grapple: 1) or you are trying to load an 1.03 config.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

Lowlander[NAM]
lowlandernam's picture
lagstard wrote:

You are doing something wrong then, the grapple is working fine. Maybe the config file is not written right (btw, its Grapple->Offhand = 1; instead of Offhand Grapple: 1) or you are trying to load an 1.03 config.

I started from scratch with a clean (2.0a) Excessive1.cfg. Only added "Offhand Grapple: 1". Nothing.....
Changed it to " Grapple-Offhand = 1". Nothing.....

Added my most used variables & weapons. If I change some weapon settings, they wont change either.....

Are you saying that in 1.03 the syntax is "Offhand Grapple: 1"and in version 2.0a there is a new syntax "Grapple-Offhand = 1" i.e. variable: nnn does''nt work anymore ???

Its obvious that I made a mistake somewhere, but this one beats me for the moment.....

EVOL.qXy
QXY's picture

Compare "Grapple-Offhand = 1" to "Grapple->Offhand = 1" do you see the difference? :roll:

Lowlander[NAM]
lowlandernam's picture
EVOL.qXy wrote:

Compare "Grapple-Offhand = 1" to "Grapple->Offhand = 1" do you see the difference? :roll:

Sure, my mistake.....still does'nt work

^t
smasherchif's picture

lowlander, you should use semicolon symbol ( ; ) like this:

Grapple->Offhand = 1;

it's a part of new php-like syntax used in xp2.0a configuration system, and it can't be just omitted. you should end all operators with that symbol.

UPD: anyway, in case of some problems you can look at the server's console: e+ puts error messages there if they occure on config load, including those ones caused by incorrect syntax used in config.

cheers

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
Fuck! I just thought of the most awesome pun about the BC vs Smurfs final game and the flames that followed :
"In Soviet Moldavia, Pole rages YOU"
like 2 months after Call me

3M'darkangel wrote:
// 09:30:49 27.06.2010, UNKNOWN LOCATION,
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote:
People are training hard to hide their autoshoot so well while gain enough skills to win (or at least compete on similar level) without them. This is getting insane or provoked. I feel like I would cut myself with Ockham's Razor if I claim a cheat there.

Lowlander[NAM]
lowlandernam's picture
^t wrote:

lowlander, you should use semicolon symbol ( ; ) like this:

Grapple->Offhand = 1;

it's a part of new php-like syntax used in xp2.0a configuration system, and it can't be just omitted. you should end all operators with that symbol.

UPD: anyway, in case of some problems you can look at the server's console: e+ puts error messages there if they occure on config load, including those ones caused by incorrect syntax used in config.

cheers

Funny thing is : excessive1.cfg seems NOT suitable for the grapple.
The server console is clean, no errors at all !

Renaming excessive1.cfg to testv2.cfg immediatly gives errors in the server console. Renaming it back to excessive1.cfg clears the errors in the server console....WEIRD.

I took a converted config (Beast did this for another bloody Dutchmen....), added the grapple and BINGO the grapple was (re)born .......
For the time being this config will be the base for my modifications.....

Thank you all, for the help & suggestions.

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture
Lowlander[NAM] wrote:

Funny thing is : excessive1.cfg seems NOT suitable for the grapple.
The server console is clean, no errors at all !

Renaming excessive1.cfg to testv2.cfg immediatly gives errors in the server console. Renaming it back to excessive1.cfg clears the errors in the server console....WEIRD.

excessive1.cfg is a pure configuration, because it is included on the mod pk3, so even if you edit it it will load the right one.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

Lowlander[NAM]
lowlandernam's picture
lagstard wrote:

excessive1.cfg is a pure configuration, because it is included on the mod pk3, so even if you edit it it will load the right one.

Yep, I saw it in the .pk3 file.

Will there be a manual or translation guide for the new style var's, like in the 1.03 docs folder - config.html ???

Seems there are less var's to tune the grapple / rail / bfg.

Thanks again....

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

if you dont know how. dont do own conf ;] this can make shit from e+ scene ;]

Lowlander[NAM]
lowlandernam's picture
XV!BENEDYKT wrote:

if you dont know how. dont do own conf ;] this can make shit from e+ scene ;]

And now a totally unrelated subject :
Did you know that your Quake logo is not in the middle of your toy pinguin.....