TDMaWHL 2016 / need referee or enough Server (all player really) Demos?

27 replies [Last post]
/
q3fun's picture
Not need referee, enough Server (all player really) Demos
35% (6 votes)
No, need referee!
65% (11 votes)
Total votes: 17

/
q3fun's picture
Re: TDMaWHL 2016 / need referee or enough Server (all player ...

For RANK!

[MR.]MIXERX

Referee's role is not only to record demos. The game has to be guided, problems have to be solved. Of course there are matches that go easy and referees are only making MVDs, but sometimes there are problems or misunderstandings and that's what referees are for.

Also, your demos record whole map so they have 10 minutes more than they should have, and MVDs are more comfortable (you can switch players). So far the ranking rules say 1. there has to be a referee, 2. there has to be a working MVD.

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture

maybe we should question the importance of ranks or at least of strict rules in total or what do you think? e+ is really not active enough to warrant strict rules like finding a ref which can sometimes take hours.mb change rules so that a mvd is enough and if there are complaints a ref (team of refs?) will have a post-match discussion?just a quick thought, what do you think?

[MR.]FRRR
Site administrator
Frrr's picture

For ranking a match, i need a MVD, i cant watch every single players pov demo, that would take so much time, that i doubt anyone would do that. About ref, doesnt need to be official ref, its just important that he makes MVD because server cant make MVD-s...

Edit: And what Mix wrote above, there need to be someone that will guide clans through that war if there happens a misunderstanding Happy

forever and one

[MR.]MIXERX
RIX!·SOUL· wrote:

maybe we should question the importance of ranks or at least of strict rules in total or what do you think?

Yes. Some rules might be obsolete. And the whole ranking system is hidden. It's a new year (so also a new ranking year), did we celebrate last year's winners? Do they even know?

RIX!·SOUL· wrote:

change rules so that a mvd is enough

Voron's new feature is that now demos 'record themselves'. But it's only regular demos. Server can't take a MVD.

trickz
tr1ckz's picture

I dont see a difference between mvd and single pov demos to be honest... Rule saying that only mvds are valid is really stupid xd especially for a mod which has only 20 players xd like seriously, wtf?

On board since August 2007.

RIX!·SOUL·
Joinz's picture
[MR.]MIXERX wrote:

RIX!·SOUL· wrote:
change rules so that a mvd is enough

Voron's new feature is that now demos 'record themselves'. But it's only regular demos. Server can't take a MVD.

well, as long as a player or spec records them it could be enough, right? spec i guess, but in tdm you could just leave the teams unlocked and record it all. dunno about ftag

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture

I can tell from my experience that the referee team became impossible to manage.

- The ranking team wanted ppls devoted and neutral in referee team. Which is logic but no one new fitted the description.
- Also players didn't wanted to become a referee..
- No one had the time to recruit new referees.
- Many ppl were inactive or left.
- No referee was to be found when cws were played. Even on weekends.
Seeing this i remember that "we" allowed any person to become a referee just to make the situation easy for the clans playing the game. However MVDs were still required.

First of all. anyone to become a referee it must be on the server! and have the referee password! Many ppl knew the referee password of servers. So they were able to be a referee on the server.
Why was this important?

What is the role of the referee on a match? to be impartial, neutral. To pause the match if someone loses the connections. To allow the players to start the game when everyone is ready and calm the situation in case is needed.

Tell me how can a person be referee if he can't pause a match? Or if something happens?
So is there a need for a referee to have the referee password of the server or not?

The second matter:
What is the difference between start_record and start_mvd_record ?
Simple demo records only what the referee player wants to see in that moment. Exactly like a movie.

MVD records one demo with all the movements from all the players. The demo is recorded by the server not by the player. This means MVD is not like a movie, its like you relive the game when you watch it! You can watch the MVD and switch between players when you watch it. Even if the person that recorded the player didn't looked at what you look now.

This means MVD > simple record. You can see cheaters even if the referee watched someone else when he recorded it.

Also anyone can watch and see look i see a cheater and post it in the cheater's corner.
Can you check all the players that played in a clan war lets say 3v3 from a simple demo record? No.

Its not about locked teams.

And Bopoah said he want to catch cheaters. RUINED!

@trickz: no difference? I must believe that you have never watched a MVD demo more then once... The sadness.
_________
epsislow

(*WASP*SH▲DOWKNIGHT)
Site administrator
haxxus's picture

how about setting a dedicated vps machine with access by clan leaders to use for recording .

epsiplayer
THE ONE AND ONLY
intact-epsilon's picture

About referee i would say: Let anyone be a referee. The MVD can be done by anyone. Even if the teams are locked. The server records the MVD and gets the demo from anyone even if the referee can't watch.

You will miss the neutral referee but you will have the MVD for rank and other players that wanna watch and check for cheaters.. not only clan leaders.

Can someone explain to me why you cant start MVD record on the server?
Its just a command to add on the server configuration to allow MVD record.

Quote:

xp_maxMVD "0":
Number of public simultaneous multiview demo recorders in the server. Avalue of 0 means disabled, so only referees can record multiview demos.

So just do xp_maxMVD "1" and anyone can start MVD record. You don't need to be referee.

Anyway Frrr has to decide.

Don't worry i haven't voted anything. I am neutral.