' TDM League 2008/2009 '

50 replies [Last post]
x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture
Rules:

1. Clan details.
    1. No limit on number of clans participating.
    2. If there is a even number of clans, there is no pauses in schedule.
    3. If there is a uneven number of clans, each clan recives one round pause.
    4. Only one entry per clan.
  2. Game and mod info.
    1. Game used is Quake 3 Arena 1.32c.
    2. Mod used is excessiveplus v1.03.
    3. Config used is newest version of plus.cfg or edawn.cfg (depending on the ranking vote).
  3. Gametype Settings
    1. Gametype is TDM (gametype 3)
    2. Map list will be based on the upcoming TDM map tiers (mostly vq3, cpm and a few customs (overkill)).
    3. Timelimit: 15 or 0, depending on poll.
    4. Fraglimit: 0 or 150/200/300 (depending on map), depending on poll.
    5. xp_suddendeath: 1.
    6. xp_matchmode: 1.
    7. g_friendlyfire: 1.
    8. All settings needed for ranked game also on/off as apropriate (pure, pb etc).
  4. Player settings.
    1. Number of players is 4 vs 4, unless clans agree to more.
    1. Minimum number of players playing is 4 vs 4.
    2. Maximum number of players playing is 5 vs 5.
    3. All players have to be present on the war from start till end.
      • If a player is late to first map, he can no longer participate on the war, unless waiting for him was agreed to before first map started.
    4. A player has to remain on the war till the end.
      • A player can mark himself as a clan spectator. That means, he is not allowed to play at all, but is not considered on server for the purpose of other rules.
      • All late players are automatically considered clan spectators, unless other clan agrees otherwise.
      • If a player leaves before the end, and played in one of the earlier maps, his clan will be penalised lightly.
      • All players on the server that can participate in the games (been there since start and not marked themselves as clan spectators) have to play on a map if required.
  5. Clan choices.
    1. Each clan has the right to play their map on their server of choice.
      • Tie map is played half on one server and half on other, unless both clans agree to just one of the servers.
    2. Each clan gets to pick one map, and number of players on it.
      • Tie map is always played on maximum number of players.
      • Tie map can not be chosen by any clan.
  6. Points and league arrangement.
    1. Each clan earns points depending on how well it performs.
      • 3 points won for victory.
      • 1 point won for loosing 1:2.
      • 0 points for loosing 0:2.
    2. Each clan will be paired once against each other clan.
    3. One game will be scheduled per week.
    4. Each clan will recive 3 tokens to be used during the league.
      • 1 token can be used to postpone one game past the deadline (maximum postpone is 1 week).
      • 1 token can be used to allow a late player to not be automatically marked as clan spectator.
      • Generally, being late for the deadline up to 3 days will not be penalized.
      • 3 tokens can be used to have a war ranked in the TDM-L even though it otherwise wouldnt be in the case of: 3vs3 was only possible (payed by clan with less than optimum players - can be both clans!), demos from the clans PoV are missing (payed by each clan whose demos are not present), PB and/or Pure was off (payed by winning clan).
    5. A clan that is late for a war (more than 15 minutes) but less than 30 minutes will recive a slight penalty.
    6. A clan that does not show up on a war (is more than 30 minutes late) will be assigned a moderate penalty.
    7. A clan that leaves the league will recive a major penalty.
    8. A clan that recives 3 slight penalties within 6 league rounds will recive a moderate penalty as well.
    9. A clan that recives 3 moderate penalties during the entire league will automatically recive a major penalty.
    10. A player that behaves slightly inapropriatly (as determined by the refree and/or league organizer) will recive a slight penalty.
      • Examples: curses or insults other players, delays the war with behavior, ignores his clan leader or refree, etc.
    11. A player that behaves significantly inapropriate (as determined by the refree and/or league organizer) will recive a moderate penalty.
      • Leaving his clan during the league is considered significantly inapropriate behaviour.
      • Examples: Causes major problems on server, refuses to use clan tag (this includes spectators!), causes problems on forum after the war (insults, inapropriate trash talk...), etc.
    12. A player that causes griveous problems will recive a major penalty.
      • Examples: Massive flame wars, cheating, multiclaning etc.
  7. Penalties for clans
    1. Slight penalty for clans: 10 frags more to their oponents on the map they picked, or yellow card in league (red card in league is -1 point in league).
    2. Moderate penalty for clans: WO on the war in question (if any) and -1 point in league.
    3. Major penalty for clans: Clan is disqualified, all of its wars are considered WO. The clan recives -1 penalty in clan rank.
  8. Penalties for players
    1. Slight penalty: has to miss the next war in TDM-L.
    2. Moderate penalty: has to miss next 3 wars in TDM-L.
    3. Major penalty: player can no longer participate in the TDM-L. This might also make him recive a yellow, or even red card in the clan rank, as determined by the ranking staff.
  9. Aditional rules can be suggested, or added before the start of the league.
  10. TODO list: refree rules.

Brown: Rules that were suggested, but are not used.
Orange: Newly suggested rules.

Notes: league will start after the config vote, expected date: 2008-11-3.
Any suggestions or opinions, please voice them till then.

[/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/]

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

Laktos
Trollet's picture

woa, that is a huge amount of rules. My first thoughts:

Arrow 4. Player settings Arrow I disagree :!:
- Why shoudnt clanmembers who are late be able to participate in the war? It's a game and people sometimes have a busy schedule. If it's about stalling the game just waiting for 1 player - Make a rule that the match have to start x minutes after agreed time instead like in the recent cups Happy

- If a players leaves before the match is over - so be it. As long as some1 can replace him/her to make sure the numbers of players playing the war is intact, I see np.

Regarding deadline, it's always a pain but sometimes it just can't be helped. How about a general note to play it asap within 3 days?

The same goes with the token idea - Generally I just think it's to many rules and issues to keep track on. IMO all that is needed is amount of players, maps, server/client settings, schedule - That's it, no need to complicate things.

Cheers /L.

Alla blå bär är blå bär - även blåbär - men det är bara blåbär som är blåbär.
A cloud pooped out a rainbow turd.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

idea behind the players rules is to avoid clans having players join in and leave in order to abuse the "you have to play 5v5 on the enemy map if they choose so" rule.

without those rules the other clan can simply force player settings by having their players "leave cause mum is calling me" then magically join back after the map is done.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

Laktos
Trollet's picture

Then I suggest an adaption to iu and fsc rules - Make the numbers of players fixed; 4 or 5, and other amount only if both agrees.

Alla blå bär är blå bär - även blåbär - men det är bara blåbär som är blåbär.
A cloud pooped out a rainbow turd.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

ok then.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture
Laktos wrote:

Make a rule that the match have to start x minutes after agreed time instead like in the recent cups Happy

x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

A clan that is late for a war (more than 15 minutes) but less than 30 minutes will recive a slight penalty.

the rule was already there Tongue

*[UO]*OSKALIBER'
Oskaliber's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

Config used is newest version of plus.cfg or edawn.cfg (depending on the ranking vote)

Maybe let's first vote and then start singing up? :roll:

>> Undead Order Clan Site & Forum <<

# Razer Diamondback # SteelPad QcK # Philips SHP2500 # Flatron F700B

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

this are not signups, this is rules discusion...

*[UO]*OSKALIBER'
Oskaliber's picture

Uhm, nvm I'm blind.

Anyway,
# All players have to be present on the war from start till end.
All means everyone who present himself at particular war or every clan member?

* If a player is late to first map, he can no longer participate on the war, unless waiting for him was agreed to before first map started.
Sensless rule imo, and I can't see the point of it.

# A player has to remain on the war till the end.
Why? If clan has for example 5 players, they play 4vs4 and one of these players have to go after first map, he can be changed by substitute and there is still 4vs4, so why should we make him to stay if he has to go?

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

seriously oska, learn to read...

*[UO]*OSKALIBER'
Oskaliber's picture
x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

seriously oska, learn to read...

seriously foksie, it's what I do...

x.foksie'loy.drt? wrote:

Any suggestions or opinions, please voice them till then.