SOUND POLL ISSUE: Did 2.3 ruin the sound even more now?

40 replies [Last post]
eu.jeff
jeffrey's picture
Re: SOUND POLL ISSUE: Did 2.3 ruin the sound even more now?

Dont mind the wieners and whiners easy, just make this place good again Winking

cheat.exe wrote:

probably a crap question but what's :

easy wrote:
Use v1.03

Excessiveplus Version 1.03

APOLLO
APOLLO's picture
cheat.exe wrote:

easy wrote:
Use v1.03

Jean... that's just one of the previouse e+ versions where the sound was ok. Please just check Bozo's link Winking

BOZO wrote:

DR*DIABLO wrote:
btw, where can be possible to download
previous versions of e+ client? i'd like to test them on single player,
wanna check differences

http://web.archive.org/web/20060111013106/http://www.excessiveplus.net/files/

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.
Never Be The First To Get Old!! Happy

I am not responsible for what you think or say, just for what I say!
I never howl with the wolves, don't speak another to hear.
I have my own opinion & I insist.
Those who do not get along have only themselves to blame.

cml
Forum moderator Rank moderator LIVING LEGEND
camel-xp's picture
BOZO wrote:

DR*DIABLO wrote:
btw, where can be possible to download previous versions of e+ client? i'd like to test them on single player, wanna check differences

http://web.archive.org/web/20060111013106/http://www.excessiveplus.net/files/

heh old good site, thx for that link, actually I've been looking out where I can download all the old e+ modifications since the beginning, this web archive contains them, nice Happy

easy
Developer
easy's picture
◀█ BIG BOB wrote:

Yeah, I don't have v1.03 here at the moment. But I could always just launch a simple singleplayer campaign on 1.32 and test it out, which I have done. Which DOES hold the right sound positioning.

That's cool but still subjective and does not help at all. baseq3 is not using your Excessive Plus settings, nor does it prove your statement that previous versions had different sound.

/ wrote:

enemy should disappear much faster behind wall!!!

No, they should not, for at least two reasons. The enemy might move behind thin pillars and the enemy might move behind a corner, stop there, turn around, sound disappear, you follow, you die. And there we have the "WTF" effect.

Like said, level 1 is a compromise between protection and playability. Go for level 9999 if you need to, it's up to you. I prefer to have anti-wallhack disabled.

Good catch, bozo! That saved me the upload Happy

◀█ BIG BOB
expedion's picture
eu.jeff wrote:

Dont mind the wieners and whiners easy, just make this place good again Winking

cheat.exe wrote:

easy wrote:
Use v1.03

Excessiveplus Version 1.03

Jeff I'm not even going to expect honesty from you but you know what's up.

@Bozo, Thanks! @Diablo, same here will test it too. PS use headphones instead of speakers, noticed you been using speakers lately so I thought I'd let you know.

@Easy, great so you admit there is a difference in sound between baseq3 and e+? Alright, now let's see how much of a difference there is between the old 1.02/1.03 versions and the current one. PS man I hope you don't get it twisted but when I say the sound is fucked. I don't mean I'm hearing clown shoes when someone walks, or I hear a trumpet going off on a bad tone when someone jumps... I'm talking about the sound location being off. You can't make the proper distinction now anymore between footsteps on high ground and low ground anymore... You can't even sometimes make a distinction between if the enemy is coming from the left or right.

PS guys. Try first comparing 1.02 and 1.03. You'll hear the difference already between 1.02 and 1.03. I remember now that in 1.02 the sound was good but in 1.03 is when the sound started going wonky.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture

thank you bozo, nice one

easy
Developer
easy's picture
DR*DIABLO wrote:

i'd like to test them on single player, wanna check differences

It does not have to be single player. You can test it right on your favourite server with cl_allowDownload 0. Of course the server should not be pure. And if you like it, no one prevents you from using it.

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:

@Easy, great so you admit there is a difference in sound between baseq3 and e+? Alright, now let's see how much of a difference there is between the old 1.02/1.03 versions and the current one. PS man I hope you don't get it twisted but when I say the sound is fucked. I don't mean I'm hearing clown shoes when someone walks, or I hear a trumpet going off on a bad tone when someone jumps... I'm talking about the sound location being off. You can't make the proper distinction now anymore between footsteps on high ground and low ground anymore... You can't even sometimes make a distinction between if the enemy is coming from the left or right.

I don't really know why I have to quote myself but here we go.

easy wrote:

baseq3 is not using your Excessive Plus settings

Just to make it more clear, as objective reading doesn't seem to be one of your assets. There are tons of sound settings the engine provides which potentially have been modified over the years, with or without your knowledge.

And again, there are not much options to affect the sounds on the mods side. This is something that the engine handles.

//▲~ GMZ ~▲\\

Each easy and expedion are right about their points of view, as a fact, through my experience, each server has a slight difference with sound from another.. I even experienced some servers being too bad with sound to a level I was unable to distinguish where enemies are.. and lately I noticed difference and change in sound, but I guess that began at the time of Anti-WallHax system's release.. it also could be just due to people switching to 2.3 with their serwers.. and changing CFGs.. etc, most probability is that Anti-WallHax system also got to do with Anti-SoundHax system, there for, people using sound hax should check their baseq3 folder as well as their excessiveplus folder to delete the some-PK3-files.. etc since new system making old soundhax files fail to work..

Sounds have straight cuts instead of fade off which is what makes one confused with were enemies are once there are more than one around.. it is most likely related to Anti-stuff systems..

PS: thanks easy for the new release! regardless of how better or worse, the honor is of trying!

Have fun at E+ and never take it with hard feelings no matter how much you lose nor how much stupid or dump or punk or bad or blithering idiot the player you are playing with really is, it's just a game and we are here to have fun and enjoy our times!!

/
q3fun's picture
easy wrote:

◀█ BIG BOB wrote:
Yeah, I don't have v1.03 here at the moment. But I could always just launch a simple singleplayer campaign on 1.32 and test it out, which I have done. Which DOES hold the right sound positioning.

That's cool but still subjective and does not help at all. baseq3 is not using your Excessive Plus settings, nor does it prove your statement that previous versions had different sound.

/ wrote:

enemy should disappear much faster behind wall!!!

No, they should not, for at least two reasons. The enemy might move behind thin pillars and the enemy might move behind a corner, stop there, turn around, sound disappear, you follow, you die. And there we have the "WTF" effect.

Like said, level 1 is a compromise between protection and playability. Go for level 9999 if you need to, it's up to you. I prefer to have anti-wallhack disabled.

Good catch, bozo! That saved me the upload Happy

I don't understand you Sad we not have awh Sad
who be use level 2,3,4,5? no1.. level-1 no works.

/
q3fun's picture

no1 update, implemented Vio-aWh and it is not true...