SOUND POLL ISSUE: Did 2.3 ruin the sound even more now?

40 replies [Last post]
◀█ BIG BOB
expedion's picture
61% (14 votes)
No... (Reply if you have voted no)
39% (9 votes)
Total votes: 23

◀█ BIG BOB
expedion's picture
Re: SOUND POLL ISSUE: Did 2.3 ruin the sound even more now?

It seems that when communicating with Easy you have to talk in an alien language. So instead we'll gather numbers here and show him that indeed he did fuck the sound up and really needs to stop doing that shit.

/
q3fun's picture

one what me like in 2.3 it's try to anti-wallhack, but as we see and it not work

What about sound awh-level-1 sound saved and it good work of a programmer, but no sound from weapons that is bad.

need check this mod and fix awh-level-1.

easy
Developer
easy's picture

No work has been done on how sounds are played, since v1.0. Generally a mod can't do much in this direction, except by replacing them. This is what happend for example to the hitsounds (xp_oldHitSounds) or recently to the thaw sound. The latter was necessary because the old sound did not loop.

The engine and your soundcard/device handle the sounds, this is and always was out of the mods reach.

Also keep in mind that servers with anti-wallhack enabled, DO HAVE STRANGE sounds. This is by design. If you need clear sounds, do not play on such servers.

How great would that be to use v1.03 and play on the servers?

Oh wait! It's possible! (cl_allowDownload 0)

/ wrote:

one what me like in 2.3 it's try to anti-wallhack, but as we see and it not work

What we really see, is: It works. Where level 1 provides the best compromise between a slight wallhack defense while still keeping the game as playable as possible by reducing the "WTF? Where did that enemy came from?" effect.

◀█ BIG BOB
expedion's picture
easy wrote:

No work has been done on how sounds are played, since v1.0. Generally a mod can't do much in this direction, except by replacing them. This is what happend for example to the hitsounds (xp_oldHitSounds) or recently to the thaw sound. The latter was necessary because the old sound did not loop.

The engine and your soundcard/device handle the sounds, this is and always was out of the mods reach.

Also keep in mind that servers with anti-wallhack enabled, DO HAVE STRANGE sounds. This is by design. If you need clear sounds, do not play on such servers.

How great would that be to use v1.03 and play on the servers?

Oh wait! It's possible! (cl_allowDownload 0)

/ wrote:

What we really see, is: It works. Where level 1 provides the best compromise between a slight wallhack defense while still keeping the game as playable as possible by reducing the "WTF? Where did that enemy came from?" effect.

You can say that, but that is the very reason why I made the poll. You may vote No but you'll see the entire community pretty much vote for Yes. I've been using the same soundcard for years and I've seen changes down the line (Most players here probably haven't noticed except the real old veterans) and the new 2.3 version definitely has a messed up sound that is noticeable by pretty much everyone. I've been playing e+ since 2003, I can definitely notice the difference.

So I'd rather let the poll speak for itself now, because I know for sure that I'm not the only one.

easy
Developer
easy's picture

Since you missed my point, here again in different words.

Use v1.03 and verify it. A subjective poll might be good for your ego but it won't change anything.

◀█ BIG BOB
expedion's picture
easy wrote:

Since you missed my point, here again in different words.

Use v1.03 and verify it. A subjective poll might be good for your ego but it won't change anything.

Yeah, I don't have v1.03 here at the moment. But I could always just launch a simple singleplayer campaign on 1.32 and test it out, which I have done. Which DOES hold the right sound positioning.

cheat.exe
klash's picture

probably a crap question but what's :

easy wrote:
Use v1.03

/
q3fun's picture
easy wrote:

/ wrote:

WTF? easy, only i see, that level-1 bad works?

He more seems on assistant cheater than on remedy against wallhack!

enemy should disappear much faster behind wall!!!

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture

btw, where can be possible to download previous versions of e+ client? i'd like to test them on single player, wanna check differences

BOZO
Bozo's picture
DR*DIABLO wrote:

btw, where can be possible to download previous versions of e+ client? i'd like to test them on single player, wanna check differences

http://web.archive.org/web/20060111013106/http://www.excessiveplus.net/files/