[Resolved] quake 3 new hack 2014

50 replies [Last post]
DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

earlier version of e+ had a dll instead of a qvm, tried a fresh plain install of quake - if the problem appears?
Does it appear when you only start plain q3 - ergo just the pakX and quake3.exe
Does it appear when you start a freshly installed E+?

no didn't install q3 from zero, also didn't install a fresh e+ folder, but it happened just couple of times, doesn't happens anymore, and that folder is that folder that i play from long long time, never had this shit, and as u can see every file in there is normal one.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
BOZO wrote:

Delete the 3 files from baseq3, that should do it:

cgamex86.dll, qagamex86.dll, uix86.dll

Also check if you got the same files in your excessiveplus folder and delete them aswell.

I'm on holidays in the alps, climbing etc. Tongue

no i don't got 'em in e+ folder. ain't those files belonging to q3? those dll files are those ones regulated from commands "vm_ui, vm_cgame" and other one that i forgot, why should be deleted? what are they for? but anyway, my real interest is intended to understand WHY i get such error message coz it's weird, i can simply press cancel and it's done, but i was interested in understanding wtf was that.

ahah nice holideys then, i guess ur on north italy then, cool Tongue

◀█ BIG BOB
expedion's picture

I'm not sure but is it possible that if you've got cl_allowdownloads 1 that you could potentially be downloading junk from a server? I always have it turned off but I can see that being an excellent way of passing through some nasty stuff.

WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture
DR*DIABLO wrote:

BOZO wrote:

Also check if you got the same files in your excessiveplus folder and delete them aswell.

no i don't got 'em in e+ folder. ain't those files belonging to q3?...

I don't use Q3 but qagamex86.dll is not part of ioq3 or OpenArena. I
only know it from WASP.Beast's E+ 2x versions (2.0 through to E+ 2.1),
in which case you shouldn't be using it from either the baseq3 or E+
directories. The other 2 dll's are not included in OA but they are
included in ioq3. However, if Bozo and the other Q3 players don't have
these in baseq3 then it's probably a good bet that you shouldn't have
them either.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
WASP*KILLER wrote:

DR*DIABLO wrote:
BOZO wrote:

no i don't got 'em in e+ folder. ain't those files belonging to q3?...

I don't use Q3 but qagamex86.dll is not part of ioq3 or OpenArena. I
only know it from WASP.Beast's E+ 2x versions (2.0 through to E+ 2.1),
in which case you shouldn't be using it from either the baseq3 or E+
directories. The other 2 dll's are not included in OA but they are
included in ioq3. However, if Bozo and the other Q3 players don't have
these in baseq3 then it's probably a good bet that you shouldn't have
them either.

i see, i was thinkin it was default files from quake, since in cfg there is those 3 commands vm_ui etc...anyway those 3 files are not bad ones or corrupted stuff, still i don't get why i get such error by them.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
◀█ BIG BOB wrote:

I'm not sure but is it possible that if you've got cl_allowdownloads 1 that you could potentially be downloading junk from a server? I always have it turned off but I can see that being an excellent way of passing through some nasty stuff.

what a genius u are. i posted screens of my folder, no junk downloaded, just default files or q3. and i got it off anyway. prolly is coz of those dll files that ppl is telling me to delete, but still nobody told me WHY i get such error for those files since it's not weird files fucked up ones...i understood that if i delete them "problem solved", but i wanan know why i get such weird alarmed error about them..

kszksz
japierdole's picture
Re: quake 3 new hack 2014
DR*DIABLO wrote:

what a genius u are.

don't try to be sarcastic when you ask people for help

DR*DIABLO wrote:
but still nobody told me WHY

DR*DIABLO wrote:

your screen shot is telling you. If you are expecting to get exact answer go ask microsoft or id programmer, but I strongly believe you won't understand simple sentence. Anyway it may be this, 2nd link collegamento

And even I walk through the darkest valley of the shadow of death I will be not afraid because I am the worst motherfucker in this place.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
kszksz wrote:

DR*DIABLO wrote:
what a genius u are.

don't try to be sarcastic when you ask people for help

DR*DIABLO wrote:
but still nobody told me WHY

DR*DIABLO wrote:

your screen shot is telling you. If you are expecting to get exact answer go ask microsoft or id programmer, but I strongly believe you won't understand simple sentence. Anyway it may be this, 2nd link collegamento

useless comments from u as always. im even lazy to explain why..

kszksz
japierdole's picture
Re: quake 3 new hack 2014

so for one time i'll give you useful tip, wash your hairs before taking picture and posting it online

EDIT: even tryin to help you is hard because you are just stubborn, grumpy dick.

"This error is common. It is a built-in defense mechanism of Quake 3. It also happens when you use the speed dll's. Quake 3 recognizes that the dll's have been modified and tries to warn you. Nothing to be concerned about, click OK and go on with your life. It's like when you make changes in Windows and it tells you that your system may not run properly. It's something we do in spite of the warnings because the warnings are generic."

from my fucking link

And even I walk through the darkest valley of the shadow of death I will be not afraid because I am the worst motherfucker in this place.

DR*DIABLO
EL-D1ABL0's picture
kszksz wrote:

so for one time i'll give you useful tip, wash your hairs before taking picture and posting it online

EDIT: even tryin to help you is hard because you are just stubborn, grumpy dick.

"This error is common. It is a built-in defense mechanism of Quake 3. It also happens when you use the speed dll's. Quake 3 recognizes that the dll's have been modified and tries to warn you. Nothing to be concerned about, click OK and go on with your life. It's like when you make changes in Windows and it tells you that your system may not run properly. It's something we do in spite of the warnings because the warnings are generic."

from my fucking link

for one time more ur still useless little cunt. and plus ur even flaming my topic as is ur usual. ur fuckin still as i said is useless as u, but thank you very much for help, i appreciate everyone of u that participate in sharing his opinion bout the topic.