question

6 replies [Last post]
biohazard
ok i have a problem when im making an "ents (entities) file" for modifying existing maps, i can modify everything and make the map work, the only problem is the jump pads, they dont work at all, when im looking at q3ctf4.ents there is a key called "model" how exactly does this work, and how do I get these jump pads to work in the ents file?

i hope i said that right Smug, thanks for any help

*ZMB*INSANEKID*
InsaneKid's picture

i also tried to make an ents-file, for ospra3map1.
but i get this error-msg:

"G_AddSpawnVarToken: max_spawn_chars"

(i almost reduced spawns, but the msg stays.)

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

The .ents file must be complete, it must have all the map entities information. If you just want to add new entities, use an .add file instead. For ospra3map1, i attach the original .ents file if you want to take a look at it.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

*ZMB*INSANEKID*
InsaneKid's picture

how did u get this file?

i was usin the map-file,
copied all entities to a new map, safed it
and renamed it to *ents.

biohazard

I understand how to get this file, but the one thing I don't get is when you point a trigger push to a target you end up with a "model" key in the target_position. When I point the trigger_push to a target_position I don't end up with "model" key in the position.
I don't know if it has anything to do with what you decompile the maps with or what you are re-making the maps with, I doubt it but what programs are you using for this?

*ZMB*INSANEKID*
InsaneKid's picture

i use q3Radiant_201.

i dunno, if u can add new JumpPads, Doors, Buttons and stuff.-
these are things, that have to be compiled.-
the *ents-file is not compiled ...

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

I dunno about the .ents file contents, and for the file it is automatically generated in the development version of the mod.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...