quake3-1.32d

39 replies [Last post]
superbad!
Forum moderator
Divx's picture
quake3-1.32d

its better than nothing. any improvements are gd. maybe u 'need' pb for ranked stuff. and sometimes on public servers when it gets enabled. but how hard is it to spot a cheater? on servers i play on when we get cheaters they only last minutes before being kicked/banned. no need for pure or pb to stop them, active admins, and regular players can spot them.

Deathadder | Goliathus Speed | Filco Majestouch | i7 3770 | 16GB | GTX 1080 | Xonar Essence ST | Sennheiser HD598

Cyrax
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

no reason to make it even easier then it is.

I understand your (and others) point of view: you suggests than user is cheater by default. Main reason of ALL things for me and other developers: make game better, not thinking all time that user is cheater and we should obfuscate out code as more as possible. ID officially drop Q3A support which mean than game development is frozen at PB's point of view, with all its bugs and vulnerabilities.
"Dead buggy game without future since operating systems and hardware are changing and someday it simply will not launch. No users, no cheaters, PunkBuster win" - Who wants to be a part of this obituary?
Looks like people using Cnq3 without any problems even without PB. But its incompatible with other mods. You should understand: if we don't develop our client binary then E+, baseq3 and other mods will die. Think about that.

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
quake3-1.32d
superbad! wrote:

no need for pure or pb to stop them, active admins, and regular players can spot them.

it isnt about nub cheaters, its about expirienced players can take a random hack that would be detected by pb and just cheat a few shoots, unrecogniseable for the human eye on most occosations.
otherwise, they would need a custom hack.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

Cyrax

Maybe this is not suitable for ranking/etc., however I'm not aiming on that. Leave ranked stuff with PB. Play this with fun Winking

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

rUnThEoN?!
Skullheadq3's picture
quake3-1.32d
Cyrax wrote:

Maybe this is not suitable for ranking/etc., however I'm not aiming on that. Leave ranked stuff with PB. Play this with fun Winking

how to play with fun if u arent a cheater and the haxx always gets you? D:
paranoia will take play imo.

hurrenson: "This idiot is apparently not familiar with a rail/sniper style."

lagstard
Developer (retired)
rabusmar's picture

Funny (or quite sad actually) thing, the man listed hundreds of improvements and all this topic talks about is cheaters. Don't be such dinosaurs, it's time for some changes if you really don't want this mod to die. PB may be an useful feature but it can't help this mod to survive: active development AND, maybe the most important, a community with a positive attitude and willing to help instead of trolling, spamming, taking part in flame wars or stopping the initiatives are the key of survival.

Había una vez un barco chiquito...

Cyrax
rUnThEoN?! wrote:

how to play with fun if u arent a cheater and the haxx always gets you? D:
paranoia will take play imo.

If enemy always gets you - its easy check for cheating. If not always - its makes you better, because you cannot relax and should play at highest level all time to win - yeah not fun, but useful Happy Anyway, I think than PB hacks in client binary is not good solution (like DRM in Windows) - Global online banned-ip database for E+ mod will be much better, IMHO.

WASP*KILLER
Killer's picture
lagstard wrote:

Funny (or quite sad actually) thing, the man listed hundreds of improvements and all this topic talks about is cheaters. Don't be such dinosaurs, it's time for some changes if you really don't want this mod to die. PB may be an useful feature but it can't help this mod to survive: active development AND, maybe the most important, a community with a positive attitude and willing to help instead of trolling, spamming, taking part in flame wars or stopping the initiatives are the key of survival.

I concur. Great job Cyrax.

Cyrax, you may not win over this Community, but there are many other avenues that you can explore. Also, Frozen Sands, the makers of Urban Terror has stated that they will package "UAA" the Anti-Cheat option in UrT so that other games without any anti-cheat methods can use it.

joey

i simply have to side with Cyrax.

If cheating is really the issue, i see MANY of you branding people as cheaters without consulting PB and many false accusations out of "paranoia" because you think you are a little too good. It's a little too situational.

I've been on a little more than usual and i haven't seen PB kick a single person, except for a missing CD key. IMO it would be best to drop it and try to move to somewhere with more population, rather than staying with a dying client. And for the record, an anti cheat system could always be made but I would be happy without one as long as improvements come.

With that said, anyone arguing AGAINST it seems to be paranoid that someone 'could' be better than them (going by what has been said in the thread so far). It just one big egotistical witch hunt.

I guess regardless of what happens you guys will never be pleased.

So with that, he not only shows skill in the area but also INTEREST for working on something he wants to work on AND the dedication to argue for it. The Con simply being, he is an unknown in these parts. Perhaps he could enlighten us a little bit.

F1 until someone shows a better portfolio/activity.

mow Q [EN]

ehm, joey, when there was still 2!Sweet-Freezer online, enabled pure and pb, i had a violation.log with more than 200 multihax or similiar in it withing 6 months. And this all about how less cheats are used in e+, hhaha, ofc, nearly noooo cheats.... And yes, 2!S_Freezer was the only pb/pure server which had success in e+.

Anyway, it became all bad in e+. The mod, the people, the game. Improvements never come, or they come much too late. I don't say e+ is dieying, i just claim, e+ has something like a very bad cancer. unable to heal.

@ cyrax.

coding this was just a nice train for ur coding skills, but ur effort will not be honoured here, since it will be rarely used.